LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
jefronio30
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:38 am
what is the limit of adding threats? and the rules about threats? thanks!!!!!!
gil-estel
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:49 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Welcome! Threats are tokens you can add to a maximum of the number of companions in the fellowship. When a companion dies the threats immediately become wound that have to be taken by the fellowship. When there are 5 threats and a companion dies, 5 threats become 5 more wounds to be taken by the fellowship...hope it is somewhat more obvious now...
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:47 am
From the Comprehensive Rules Book 4.0

threats
A threat is a token placed on the dead pile by the Free Peoples player. The same tokens that are used for wounds can be used for threats. There are many cards that add or remove threats, much in the same way that burdens are added or removed. However, threats cannot be added if the number of threats on the dead pile is equal to or greater than the number of companions in play.
If the dead pile has four threats and there are four companions in play, no more threats may be added. Sometimes a companion will be discarded, and there will be more threats than companions in play.
When a companion or ally is killed and that card is placed in the dead pile, the Free Peoples player counts the number of threats on the dead pile and then removes them. Then the Free Peoples player must assign a number of wounds equal to the number of threats removed to his companions in any way he wishes.
If there are three threats on the dead pile when an ally is killed, the Free Peoples player must remove those tokens and assign three wounds to his companions (not allies). This may be three wounds to one companion, one wound each to three different companions, or any other possible combination.

I highly recommend downloading the comprehensive rules as they have answers to a lot of commonly asked rules questions. You will need Adobe Acrobat reader, or some .pdf viewer to read them. The file is about 1.5 MB and a very interesting read.

Welcome to the boards!
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions