LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
gizlivadi
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:42 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
well, in the card Beyond dark mountains (one of the cards i love most) the picture shows the... (AAAAHHHHH!!! HOW WAS IT CALLED IN ENGLISH???) swamps of the dead? dead marshes? ahhh... nevermind, it shows the dead faces of elves that fought in the last alliance battle... and theres a man, i think.. well ok, thats ok, but if you look more closely upper left i think, theres an isengard orc wearing the white hand in his helmet. what the heck is he doing there???????? there were not even in that battle... can you tell me what is he doing there? (perhaps he saw the figures and fell down just like frodo.. hehehe...)
how to keep a stupid busy? (read my location)
Sam-Wise
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:55 pm
I’m not sure, I can’t really tell. S-W
gizlivadi
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:53 pm
Joined: 07 Jul 2007 Posts: 110 Location: how to keep a stupid busy? (read my signature)
well that was not very useful... (at least you could tell me the name of the place...)
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:43 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
You are correct, it is called the Dead Marshes. Another name for that place is Dagorlad. It has also been called Mere Of Dead Faces.

As for the picture, I know that Decipher had access to some of the scenes that were not included in the film (including the extended versions). For example, Peter Jackson actually filmed Aragorn healing Faramir at the end of RotK. This scene has not surfaced in any versions of the films, but there is a card (Houses Of Healing) that has a picture from it. There are many other scenes that were cut, as well (and cards with pictures from them). Perhaps the picture on Beyond Dark Mountains is one of these?
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:33 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it could be in the culvert of Helm’s deep. elves, uruks, man. makes sense.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:11 pm
What set is this card in?
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
gizlivadi
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:39 pm
the two towers
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:27 pm
o_O I just thought that was a hand of one of the other dead ones
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
gizlivadi
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:55 pm
hhmmm i thought that, too... it may be
gizlivadi
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:00 pm
no, its clearly a hand from the dead ones, it has its shadows and all...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion