LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:26 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anyone ever built a really good Isengard Man deck? They have lots of ways to exert and weaken companions, but I’m worried they will have trouble finishing companions off....
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
legoles3333
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:32 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
i did once, i think i threw in some isengard orcs like isengard retainer to finish companions off... so yeah ill see if i still have a workable decklist
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:41 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anyone ever built a really good Isengard Man deck? They have lots of ways to exert and weaken companions, but I’m worried they will have trouble finishing companions off....

What?!? Shocked

Did you finally get cards?

I’m gone for six, seven weeks and the whole world turns upside down. Laughing

Actually, I’d be interested in seeing a working Isengard men deck, too. I’ve tried, but never succeeded.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:43 pm
Yes, I now own LOTS of cards, actually. Still only have one-and-a-half working decks, but I play on SdA a lot now. Smile

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:52 pm
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
AND he’s got his own trading list, as well! Laughing

He’s pretty good on SdA, actually.
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:38 pm
I once had one.

The one bad thing about them, though, is they really only work best against decks that use men. Against Elf or, especially Gandalf decks, they crumble. Also, Elven and Gandalf have a fair amount of condition discarding, so it’s really nearly impossible to pull of victories against those (unless it’s Gandalf men, but even so, condition discarding...)

So, it’s an extremely meta-based deck, but not wholly impossible.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:25 am
They’re pretty much men-hosers, nothing else, but they’re still cool. I designed an Unfereth deck once, but opted to put together a Uruk Site Control Swarm instead.

I’ve never seen Isengard men as competitive outside tower block. Inside tower block, where Rohan is all-powerful, go for it! But I prefer Dunland and Uruks in tower block.

But yeah, an Isengard man deck would HAVE to be in tower block, otherwise, man-hate wouldn’t really go anywhere.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:08 am
See, I think they could cause some serious mischief even outside of Tower block, because they really can toss out a lot of exertions with Unferth and Grima, Servant of Another Master when you pair them with other Isengard cards like Wizard Storm, One of You Must Do This, and Saruman, Servant of Sauron.

I’ve put together a very rough deck, and I’d be curious what you long-time experts think about it.

SHADOW (38 cards)

Minions (19 cards):

Unferth, Grima’s Bodyguard x4
Grima, Servant of Another Master x2
Agents of Orthanc x3
Orc Commander x2
Isengard Mechanics x2
Isengard Plodder x2
Isengard Tinker x2
Uruk Crossbowman x2

Followers (2 cards):

Saruman, Servant of Sauron x2

Conditions (8 cards):

Wizard Storm x4
Tower of Orthanc x3
Caradhras Has Not Forgiven Us

Events (9 cards):

One of You Must Do This x3
Men Will Fall x4
New Power Rising x2

Okay, the Isengard Men are designed to exert and eventually exhaust companions, especially when comboed with Saruman, Wizard Storm, and One of You Must Do This. If you’re able to exhaust even just one companion, Tower of Orthanc will give you lots of twilight to work with. Caradhras Has Not Forgiven Us will only work sometimes, but when it does, it can be a killer. The Orcs can certainly help exhaust as well, but they’re mainly there to apply the final wounds necessary to kill companions off. New Power Rising fits very well here and lets you do a little cycling, but more importantly, gets back a couple cards from discard when you need them.

Not the most potent of decks, granted, but could it work? I think it just might since no one in their right mind would be expecting it.

lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:13 am
No1 in the right mind would be expecting it youre right but that doesnt mean they wouldnt be able to cope with it. By chance alone a lot of decks out there will kick its bottom. It might do well against some. Men obviously and sadly i cant think of anymore on the spot. But you should still try it DI. LOTR is after all about fun and sometimes (most of the time really) it shouldnt be all about the winning. If you enjoy playing it, do so!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:48 pm
I would say that the deck looks decent, but Unfereth is undeveloped. I’d stick with Tower block if you’re looking for a good deck. There are four major tower block strategies, Rohan, Three Hunters, Ring-Bound Rangers and Naith, and really Isengard men have the ability to kill all of them except the Natih. Isengard men are known for man-hate, particularly Rohan, and culture-hate, so your best bet would be to go TT block.

IMO.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion