LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:20 am
macheteman wrote:
4Gandalf, Friend to Strange Folk Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 7
Muster.
While you can spot an Eagle, Gandalf is resistance +2.
While you can spot 2 Eagles, each Eagle is strength +1 and resistance +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may spot 3 Eagles, and exert Gandalf to discard up to 2 minions (or 3 minions if you can spot an orc).
Gandalf was friend to strangers, wanderers, and many forgotten folk.

I think this is still too powerful. Certainly, he doesn’t need muster or resistance 7, and without the brackets on his third ability he would still be rock. Great ideas, but too good, methinks.

macheteman wrote:
5Gwaihir, The Windlord Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Vitality: 5
Resistance: 9
To play, spot Gandalf or an Eagle.
If Gwahir is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -2.
While you can spot 3 Eagles, and none of them are exhausted, the move limit is +1.
While you can spot an exhausted Eagle, Gwaihir is defender +1.
There came Gwaihir the Windlord...greatest of all the Eagles of the North, mightiest of the descendants of old Thorondor, who built his eyries in the inaccessible peaks of the Encircling Mountains when Middle-earth was young.

This is nice, but too cheap. Compare to Gandalf. He has abilities of similar power level, but for 1 twilight gets +1 vitality and +2 resistance. Bring his vitality and/or resistance down or increase his cost to 6 (and then the reduction to -3).

macheteman wrote:
2 Many Lives of Men Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf to play an Eagle, Ent, or Gandalf man from your discard pile (or your draw deck, if you can spot 2 eagles).
"One-hundred lives of men I have walked this earth, and now i have no time!"

’Man’ is always capitalised, as is ’Eagle’ because they are races. You might be able to get away with just spotting Gandalf or reducing the cost to 1 as well.

macheteman wrote:
4Landroval, Prince of Eagles Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Strength: 6
Resistance: 8
Muster.
To play, spot an Eagle.
While you can spot Gwaihir, Landroval is strength +2.
Manuever: Exert Landroval and another Eagle (or discard an Eagle from hand) to discard a condition.
"There came Gwaihir, and Landroval his brother..."

Again slightly too powerful. Resistance 8 seems unnecessary, 6 or 7 would be more than enough.

macheteman wrote:
3Meneldor, Young and Swift Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
While Meneldor is in your Starting Fellowship, he is twilight cost -2.
Maneuver: Add 2 to heal an Eagle (limit twice per phase).
"...and with him went Landroval, and Meneldor young and swift."

This is nice and solid, but ’starting fellowship’ does not need capital letters. And perhaps you should also limit his reduction to spotting an Eagle or Gandalf companion.

macheteman wrote:
1 Upon the Nazgul They Bore Gandalf
Event • Assignment
Assign a minion to skirmish an Eagle, that minion is strength -2 until the regroup phase.
If that minion is a Nazgul you may wound it, then, you may add a threat to exert it.
"Straight down upon the Nazgul they bore..."

Between ’Eagle’ and ’that’ should be a full stop methinks. Maybe instead of the exertion you could prevent it from being fierce? Nice card.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
macheteman wrote:
ok, here is another trio of DCs!

Companion • Eagle
Muster.
To play, spot an Eagle.
Manuever: Exert Landroval and another Eagle (or discard an Eagle from hand) to discard a condition.
misspelled maneuver. the maneuver ability seems rather worthless considering Gandalf has much better condition removal. but it does have its uses I s’pose

Companion • Eagle
cool!

Event • Assignment
Assign a minion to skirmish an Eagle, that minion is strength -2 until the regroup phase.
If that minion is a Nazgul you may wound it, then, you may add a threat to exert it.

make it cost 2
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:55 pm
thanks for a good review Thran!

Thranduil wrote:
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Wizard
Muster.
While you can spot 2 Eagles, each Eagle is strength +1 and resistance +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may spot 3 Eagles, and exert Gandalf to discard up to 2 minions (or 3 minions if you can spot an orc).

I think this is still too powerful. Certainly, he doesn’t need muster or resistance 7, and without the brackets on his third ability he would still be rock. Great ideas, but too good, methinks.

Ok, i muster may be overdoing it, i’ll take that off. but gandalf usually has 7 resistance, and i don’t think that needs to change. and i guess i’ll take off the spotting an orc part.

Thranduil wrote:
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Eagle
While you can spot 3 Eagles, and none of them are exhausted, the move limit is +1.
There came Gwaihir the Windlord...greatest of all the Eagles of the North, mightiest of the descendants of old Thorondor, who built his eyries in the inaccessible peaks of the Encircling Mountains when Middle-earth was young.

This is nice, but too cheap. Compare to Gandalf. He has abilities of similar power level, but for 1 twilight gets +1 vitality and +2 resistance. Bring his vitality and/or resistance down or increase his cost to 6 (and then the reduction to -3).

i like the idea of raising the cost and greatening the reduction. and i really want to keep the Eagle’s resistance up because they really didn’t seem to be affected by the ring.

Thranduil wrote:
macheteman wrote:
Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf to play an Eagle, Ent, or Gandalf man from your discard pile (or your draw deck, if you can spot 2 eagles).

’Man’ is always capitalised, as is ’Eagle’ because they are races. You might be able to get away with just spotting Gandalf or reducing the cost to 1 as well.

ok, i’ll reduce the cost one more.

Thranduil wrote:
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Eagle
Muster.
To play, spot an Eagle.

Again slightly too powerful. Resistance 8 seems unnecessary, 6 or 7 would be more than enough.

as i said, i’d like to keep the resistance up, what about removing muster?

Thranduil wrote:
macheteman wrote:
Companion • Eagle

This is nice and solid, but ’starting fellowship’ does not need capital letters. And perhaps you should also limit his reduction to spotting an Eagle or Gandalf companion.

spelling fixed. i like this how it is, if i add the spotting requirement for the reduction, it sort of defeats the purpose of the card.

Thranduil wrote:
macheteman wrote:
Event • Assignment

Between ’Eagle’ and ’that’ should be a full stop methinks. Maybe instead of the exertion you could prevent it from being fierce? Nice card.

ok, that does sound better. especially since the nazgul fled when the eagles came. i have one question though, which do you think is better, losing fierce until the regroup phase, or until the end of the turn? good idea!

gp for you Thranduil!

-mm
Last edited by macheteman on Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
macheteman
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:58 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
macheteman wrote:

Event • Assignment

make it cost 2

might want to check out this one again, i tweaked it a little.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:34 pm
macheteman wrote:

Companion • Wizard
Muster.

Regroup ability still seems really huge... especially with the other two abilities attached. You might want to tone it down to one (two if Orc) minons, or make it exert him twice. Just my opinion, though.

After reading the other reviews, you could keep muster and tone him down how I suggested. Just thoughts, though.

Quote:
Companion • Eagle

Are there any one-costing eagles around for his reduction to matter? Just wondering. Cool card. He could do with a resistance of just 8, though. Still big, but not ring-bearer-like.

Quote:
Event • Regroup

Nice.

Quote:
Companion • Eagle
Muster.
To play, spot an Eagle.

No problems.

Quote:
Companion • Eagle

Ah, this guy works for Gwaihir. I dunno how much I like him, I would have given him another strength and made the ability work for the Fellowship phase. But come to think of it, how he is now is pretty unique and cool.

Event • Assignment
Assign a minion to skirmish an Eagle, that minion is strength -2.
"Straight down upon the Nazgul they bore..."[/quote]

I read the edited version and still think it needs to cost 2.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
macheteman
Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:03 pm
thanks for reviewing the cards. some of them have had minor changes to them, i’ll up the last event’s cost to 2. gp
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
ROLF!!!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:24 am
macheteman wrote:

so let’s kick this pig:

Thats just mean.

Companion • Wizard
While you can spot 2 Eagles, each Eagle is strength +1 and resistance +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may spot 3 Eagles, and exert Gandalf to discard up to 2 minions.

Personally i think thats 1 too many good abilites. But its not the worst overbalance ive ever seen you could get away with it.

6Gwaihir, The Windlord Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
If Gwahir is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -3.

Not sure why he costs 6. Id make him 5 but make his twilight reduction in the start fellowship -1. The only way you should be able to start him is with gandalf arb.

1 Many Lives of Men Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf to play an Eagle, Ent, or Gandalf Man from your discard pile (or your draw deck, if you can spot 2 eagles).

I would cut the ent bit.

Companion • Eagle
To play, spot an Eagle.

Wow he’s really good. Think you need to clarify whether if you discard an eagle from hand that fulfils the condition or you exert landroval and discard a card instead of exerting another eagle. I cant make it out this way.

Companion • Eagle
While Meneldor is in your starting fellowship, he is twilight cost -2.

Right.

Event • Assignment
Assign a minion to skirmish an Eagle.
That minion is strength -2 until the regroup phase.
If that minion is a Nazgul you may wound it, then, you may add a threat to make it lose Fierce until the end of your turn.

Id make that cost 2, its awesome.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:41 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
lem0nhead wrote:
macheteman wrote:

so let’s kick this pig:

Thats just mean.

lol, this is where some of the differences between British phrases and American phrases shine through. Laughing

The phrase "Let’s kick this pig," comes from American football. An American football was originally made out of pigskin (but not these days, now they are made out of leather, rubber or plastic). So when Americans play football, they sometimes call it "kicking the pigskin around." That has evolved into the phrase that mm used.

Frankly, I am fascinated by all of the cultural difference between the UK and the States.

Sorry for spamming your thread mm.
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:48 am
Oooh ok. I thought it was just mm being his crazy self again.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:48 am
Yeah, like when we start yelling at you for cussing on the board, its because phrases that are okay in Britain aren’t in the US.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards