LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Sam-Wise
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm
macheteman, what kind do you have? I can’t find it either, so we may have the same version.
macheteman
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:52 pm
i have some sort of three in one edition with fellowship two towers and return of the king in one book.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:42 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
That’s what I have too, a 3 in 1.

Tolkien originally meant for it to be one large book (oh no, here she goes again, rattling on about Tolkien Laughing ), rather than 3 smaller books. It was the publisher that told him to break the books up because they thought that people wouldn’t sit and read a book that long. Tolkien did not want to break it up, but he reluctantly agreed to in the end. They told him to name the 3 separate books. He named Fellowship Of The Ring and Return Of The King almost immediately, but dragged his feet about the second book. As we know, he finally chose The Two Towers. It is assumed by many that the two towers are Isengard and Barad-dur, but Tolkien never said which two towers he was referring to. Some people say that he deliberately left it unclear because he was angry about having to split up the books.
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
menace64
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:14 am
Tell you what, If I was in charge of naming the second book, it would have been "The Shadow of Sauron". I like that.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
macheteman
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:42 pm
actually, i’m pretty sure he didn’t want to name the 3rd book Return of the king. but maybe i’m wrong.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:53 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I thought he wanted it to be The War of the Ring.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:13 am
The only name Tolkien was pleased with was The Fellowship of the Ring. He didn’t like The Return of the King, according to the DVD documentaries because "The title tells you what happens."

I guess Tolkien wouldn’t have liked Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, then. Smile
All cards do what they say.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:07 am
I hope Tolkien wouldn’t like Star Trek PERIOD.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:56 am
bibfortuna25 wrote:

I guess Tolkien wouldn’t have liked Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, then. Smile

Hehehe thats class. But i agree with Nb i hope he wouldnt on general principles!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Sam-Wise
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:39 pm
macheteman wrote:
i have some sort of three in one edition with fellowship two towers and return of the king in one book.

I have the same kind.
My Greatest friend is Jesus Christ.
He's the source of all power.

X+3=8-2. {X=3}. I love little algebra problems!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion