LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
solis
Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:16 pm
The deck is usually running to site 9 rather then corrupting(but its very much possible)

sith path: the healing elvs site and as many underground sites as possible(avoid forest sites and try to go for plains/rivers sites if possible as the forest nazguls are nasty)

Freepz:

Ringbearer/One Ring
Galadriel, BoW
The One Ring(grass-ring^^)

2 Starting:
Arwen QoEaM
Glorfindel

4 Other Companions:
2 Cirdan
1 Gil-Galad
1 Elrond, Witness to History

7 Possessions/Artifacts(uffh, elven possesions)
1 Elven sword(played on cirdan so he can overwhelm those 4str minions)
1 Hadafang(elronds sword in my opinion)
1 Gwemegil
1 Asfaloth, elven steed
1 Nenya RoA
1 Vilya RoA
1 Aiglos

3 Conditions
2 Shadow beteween
1 Glimpse of faith

18 Events(Now we recon the elf deck:P)
4 Forearmed
4 Supporting Fire
2 Attunement(it can be really good actually! if you get to reveal 3-4 cards you can double ure strength of a companion...)
4 Alliance Reforged
2 Seclusion(it is way better then Company of archers as it is in manuever instead of archery)
2 Farewell to lorien

Shadz:

24 Minions:
4 Isengard Underling
4 Mocking Goblin
4 Watchful orc
4 Hill Orc
2 Porter troll
2 Frenzied Orc
2 Entrapping orc
2 Beastly Olog-hai

9 Events/Conditions:
4 Bound to its fate
4 Goblin hordes
1 Undisciplined

Total: 33/33

Okey the freepz is pretty simple, just try to get a companion on your starting hand(if not redraw and hope for it) just play your fellowship cards as you pull them and try to use a good amount of skimirsh events(always start regroup-phase with 1 skirmish-event on hand if possible, i prefer losing a skirmish rather then using it:P) and you can almost always double move if you cleared the table!(if there is a few exhausted minions use gilgalad(that is if you got him in play) and move again)
But dont exceed 5 companions limit cause then nasty things happens and cirdan etc dies(normally:P) just discard the last companion or if your not skirmishing nazguls kill of glorfindel(he is lousy anyways:P) THIS DECK RUNS! remember that. i usually wins with only gladriel left or maybe a gilgalad as well:) the rest has usually died on teh way. corruption=autoloss, just single move and hope for better shadow hands then the opponent.

The shadow is kind of tricky to play. if ure corrupting pull underlings and porter trolls with goblin hordes and if your playing beatdown pull hill orcs and porter trolls/olog-hai(good against teh elven rings)
try to drop at least 1 underling per site and play neckerbrickers when you added a few burdens and then get it back with watchful orcs:)) If your fighting 6+ fellowships pull Hill orcs and Frenzied Orcs it is just nasty to see all those companions exert as our hill orc wins and even overwhelms the opponents.. I have also thought of abiding evil in the deck(must be good with underling as well hehe) but I usually mostly play with corruption.. and remember if your going for beatdown try to have the comps under 5 resistance anyways and pull that undisciplined from your discard pile with the underling.. Smile this shadow CANT beat this freepz.. because you cant add one single burden *sigh* just run like hell with your free people:) if you can stop him its propobly at site 2 or at site 4. if you cant youll just have to skip the sanctuary at site 6(unless you bidded and won so you could start..)

NEVER bid more then 1 with this deck, you cant remove burdens and neckerbrickers is a pain in the ass...

thats all for today, feedback is pleased:)
If you lose well at least know why.
dexterngo
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:50 pm
Joined: 20 Jul 2005 Posts: 60 Location: Manila, Philippines
you can take out 1 watchful orc then put in 1 barrage.

barrage is a great card Twisted Evil
Do or do not, there is no try
hblika
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:08 pm
solis wrote:
1 Elven sword(played on cirdan so he can overwhelm those 4str minions)

Uhm... There's a lot of strength 4 minions where you play? Wink

But seriously, I like the Elven Sword a lot. I use it instead of the trusty Hobbit Sword in all my decks using Galadriel as the Ring-bearer. The +1 strength is nice, but beeing able to dump your hand for additional strength bonuses is just golden. Smile
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:06 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
i would add naria for ciridan more exertions ='s less minion striegnth

~Josiah
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
solis
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:37 pm
About the str4 minions; its a common number after one exterion it seems like:P

about the ring; i barly exert him more then once per site which is if needed healed with shadow between.

Guys just prox and try, you cant lose with it. I thought forest gulz, morcs, lurkerdeck(was nasty thou), moria archery, nazgul corruption, enduring nazgul swarm and that nasty orc discarding events to add burdens(I had a hell of a problem with that deck! had to discard all of my events all the time=cirdan wins rest lose half win half! but i justs stopped at the sancs and run to site 9 as usual:P)

These decks where all as well buildt as we could(used prox for missing cards)
If you lose well at least know why.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded