LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
michael knight
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:22 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Fellowship

Bilbo, BOTB w/ Ring of Rings

Frodo, Frenzied Fighter (start)
Pippin, HOSI (Start)
Smeagol, Poor Creature (start)
4 Birthday Present
4 No Visitors
3 Make Haste
4 Home and Hearth
3 Community Living
1 Uruviel, Woodland Maid
1 Alatar, Final Envoy
1 Radagast, Tender of Beasts
1 Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor
1 Gaffer, Master Gardener
1 Mithril Coat, Dwarf Mail
1 Phial of Galadriel
1 Salt from the Shire
3 Everything but my bones
1 Tolman Cotton
1 Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish
1 Sam, Great Elf Warrior

Shadow

4 Last Days
4 Bold easterling
4 Corageous Easterling
4 Easterling Scout
1 Bill Ferny, Agent of Saruman
1 Grima, Footman of Saruman
4 Crazed Hillman
1 Swarming Hillman
4 Rampaging Easterling
4 Warrior of Dunland
4 Column of Easterlings

Sites

Fortress of Orthanc (0) (you should never have too many companions out)
Fanghorn Glade (0) ( they might have posessions, we don’t)
East Road (0) (another low cost site)
Pelennor Fields (1) (ambush is good times)
Pelennor Flat (1) (anothe way to cycle some cards)
Osgiliath Reclaimed (2) (burden protection)
North Undeep (3) (archery is bad, mmkay)
Caves of Aglarond (3) (burden protection)
Green Dragon Inn (3) (get Sam)

Strategy:

This is a shadow kill deck, plain and simple. You will almost never be able to run with this fellowship because you are not planning to actually resolve many skirmishes. Bid high enough to go first and drop green dragon to get Sam, GEW to protect you early. You idea is to dump all of your shadow with smeagol and set up your fellowship ASAP. Then pull all the shadow back with Last Days later on.
The fellowship is abit complicated. First, we need followers and birthday present out with Home and hearth. we play pippin to heal frodo once and trigger home and hearth to remove burdens. We need to birthday present 3 no visitors and one make haste. in the manuver we transfer 4 follwers to Frodo, one of which is the gaffer to heal him again. another is daddy 2foot, to pick up a fourth no visitors. we then make haste pippin, leaving frodo, bilbo and smeagol to fight. Anyone else out there is irrelevant once we get set up. They can, and should, be killed off soon to keep the TW down as much as possible. We dump cards to smeagol to cycle. if he dies then he dies. No big deal. resolve frodo first, and use no visitors to cancel. Do bilbo next, exert frodo to have him replace bilbo, and then no visitors again. repeat for any fierce skirmishes. 4 No visitors and 4 followers on frodo equals four cancelled skirmishes. The other hobbits are simply to trigger home and hearth in case you get too many burdens. Cannon fooder at it’s finest. Everything but my bones is in there to remove extra events from the discard pile to ensure that you can pull what you need each turn.
Shadow uses minion who can be discarded in the skirmish to play other minions. This disard action triggers last days, so you get a two for one. Most of the minions are TW cost 2 or less, meaning that you can pull every minion in the deck out for relatively low twilight and swarm repeatedly. The swarm will occur in the fierce skirmish, as each minion you play from the discard pile will be fierce.
I know that condition removal kills both sides of this deck, and that is an unavoidable design flaw. The fellowship is very shaky early, so being able to pull sam at one to take some shots is key. smeagol can help, but don’t rely on that too much. Every shadow card you have can be discarded and played again except last days. always keep one in play, and one in hand.
One Man Can Make A Difference
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:26 pm
Interesting deck.And we can only grieve of what could be if condition removal wasn’t around.But i like this kind of decks that don’t weigh every card and situation that yould happen.You could play smart and still emerge victorious.Fun. Wink
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:23 pm
That’s a cool Free Peoples side - very inventive. A bit risky though, since it is combo-intensive.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
michael knight
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:25 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Many of my decks are combo-intensive. I messed around with the Rapid-reload/demoralized thing and got it to work really well. I also have a killer Erland combo deck that is a lot of fun. I plan to post a ton of my stuff in the next week or so. Hopefully people will find it interesting.
One Man Can Make A Difference
TheJord
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:55 am
I realise this is an old article but I had to point out that Last Days doesnt let you play minions from your discard pile, it just says you can play one. This always means from hand. Minions look good otherwise; not really a fan of the Hobbits myself though.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
BAH PEOPLE STOP BUMPING UP ANCIENT THINGS! yeah I know you had a reason but this is just SO PEEVING!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:20 pm
Well...since its bumped Mr. Green WHY ON EARTH IS ALATAR IN THERE?!?!?!

He does nothing. NOTHING! He’s pointless. At least do something worthwhile with the followers.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Pywils
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:22 pm
your freeps made me laugh of just thinking someone who managed a troll swarm and you cancel everyone’s skrimises. I was wondering though why Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish, and why Tolman Cotton?

is there a reason all the followers have to go to frdo?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard