LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:23 am
I vote that the three non-leader companions exert to prevent it. With this site, we’ll get to heal 7 wounds anyway, and that’ll stop Erkenbrand from taking a wound or exerting. Rorin or someone can mop him up.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:26 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I can take him down, or, even better, if someone can exert one of those unwounded minions without being assigned to them, I can take down two minions and let Dain or whoever take him.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:09 am
Silvarin could be one of the exerted companions.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:57 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Hmmm...looks like we have a split decision. I’ll have to cast a deciding vote, I suppose.

But first: Drake, are you saying you can take down the Champion in skirmish, or beforehand?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:52 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
In a skrimish, though I suppose I could figure a way to have him assign to Erkenbrand then take him down before that skirmish.

...Actually, yeah, that might work pretty well.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:25 pm
That’s another option I was curious if anyone would think of. Wink

I say to go for it. You can certainly write Erkenbrand into it then too, which would make a LOT of sense for Ectheow’s section. Thumbs Up

NOBODY will exert to prevent the skirmish. Instead, sounds like Ectheow will kill the Champion off before that skirmish actually begins.

Still figuring out what Rorin will handle. We’ll see what’s left of the enemy when I get to it tonight or tomorrow.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:18 pm
Or during the skirmish with a direct wounding event.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:20 pm
ok, a couple of questions:

first, did the text of Ryle’s bow take effect?

second, is the text of Ryle’s bow overpowered? because i can reduce the twilight be one and make it exert instead of wound.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:33 am
macheteman wrote:
ok, a couple of questions:

first, did the text of Ryle’s bow take effect?

Ah, yes. Forgot about that.

I suppose it does. Who would you like to wound?

macheteman wrote:
second, is the text of Ryle’s bow overpowered? because i can reduce the twilight be one and make it exert instead of wound.

That might be better, yes. Either way, you still get to use it.

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:30 am
Okay, with my section now posted, there are three minions remaining (all wounded or exhausted by this point). Ryle, Durail, Ectheow have not taken any action in the battle yet. Curubethion hasn’t either, but I’ll probably just use him to mop up if there’s anything left at the end, as I’d rather mm, ingold, and Drake have a chance to kill as they please. For the three of you, remember this: Curubethion IS there to kill anything left over, so if you’d rather create a skirmish event that doesn’t help win skirmishes (but instead heals or removes burdens/threats or discards enemy possessions or whatever), it might not be such a terrible idea. Entirely up to you all, of course, and if you don’t hurry, you might HAVE to do something like that, as there may be no minions left by the time you get to it! Razz

Or maybe there will. Mwaha. Twisted Evil

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing