LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:23 pm
I know, I know. I just started the Elven culture, and I’m already skipping to another? Well, yes. Razz Truth be told, the Elven culture is quite small in this set, due to their general lack of participation in The Children of Húrin (with the exception of the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, already covered in the 14 Elven cards already posted; and the Elves of Doriath, who have been taken care of as well).

This time, we’re REALLY changing lanes. To kick off the first Shadow card of the set, let’s take a look at the biggest bad guy in all of Arda (literally): Morgoth!

22Morgoth, Melkor Sauron
Minion • Vala
Strength: 26
Vitality: 5
Site Number: 5
Damage +1. Enduring.
Morgoth’s twilight cost is -1 for each burden and threat you can spot.
Maneuver: Discard a Sauron card from hand and exert Morgoth to reinforce a Sauron token.
”’I am the Elder King: Melkor, first and mightiest of all the Valar….’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:17 pm; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:31 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
22Morgoth, Melkor Sauron
Minion • Maia
Damage +1. Enduring.
Morgoth’s twilight cost is -1 for each Free Peoples possession you can spot.
Maneuver: Discard a Sauron card from hand and exert Morgoth to reinforce a Sauron token.

I actually think you could take his cost down to 20, since his cost-reduction text relies entirely on the FP player. It might be even more ideal to keep his cost where it is and come up with a different cost-reducing method, though...one you have at least some control over.

EDIT: I’d also strongly consider making him fierce, even if it’s conditional. Otherwise, I dare say that Sauron outshines him.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:37 pm
I changed the twilight reduction ability, but I’ll leave fierce off since you have the power to exert him with his maneuver text, potentially making him a 34 strength minion.

Thanks for the review! GP
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:40 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
The updated cost reduction text is fine, but I’d then raise his cost back to 22. I’m so difficult, aren’t I? Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

20Morgoth, Melkor Sauron
Minion • Maia
Damage +1. Enduring.

I find it funny that he is in the culture of his apprentice...
I am debating his usefulness...maybe add toil 1 too
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:48 pm
Cost raised to 22. Thumbs Up
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:17 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

22Morgoth, Melkor Sauron
Minion • Maia
Damage +1. Enduring.

Sweeet!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:02 pm
Thanks for the reviews, fellows. Smile And now, it’s time for... another Morgoth!

20Morgoth, Bauglir Sauron
Minion • Vala
Damage +2. Fierce. The twilight cost of each Free Peoples card is +1. The Free Peoples player cannot reconcile. The Free Peoples player cannot transfer followers.
”’But a fool is he who accepts what Morgoth offers. You will take first the price and then withhold the promise….’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:27 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Thanks for the reviews, fellows. Smile And now, it’s time for... another Morgoth!

20Morgoth, Bauglir Sauron
Minion • Maia
Damage +1. Fierce.
Response: If the Free Peoples player reconciles, you may exert Morgoth twice to discard 4 cards at random from his or her hand.
”’But a fool is he who accepts what Morgoth offers. You will take first the price and then withhold the promise….’”

Cool but not an ability id say is in keeping with the lord of darkness, once this guy has popped out. Nasty NPE and could be a killer but i think he should do something different. But he is balanced.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:46 pm
Edited. Thumbs Up

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards