LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Alex
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:02 pm
Uhmm hi guys, please can u help me with these:

My friend have a strange starting fellowship Evil or Very Mad , he have:

Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom(9R+14)

Elladan, Son of Elrond (14R2)
Elrohir, Son of Elrond (14R3)
Legolas, Of the Grey Company (13R18)

First he play Elladan, then he play Elrohir, he says that when he play Elrohir he is Twilight cost -2(because he spot Elladan) and Elladan decrease his Twilight cost because now he spot Elrohir, and because now that Elladan and Elrohir are both Twilight cost -2, he can play any companion with Twilight cost 2(Legolas, of the grey company).

I say, what the f***, but he cannot understand reasons, thats why i put this topic, because the companions in game does not reduce his twightlight, or Am i wrong???, please, correct if i’m wrong.

Thanx Mr. Green
NBarden
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 pm
First of all, this topic should be in the gameplay questions section, not Open LotR Discussion.

Second, he’s wrong, actually. Envision it this way. You have 4 twilight tokens with which to play companions. The RB is free. You play Elladan. His twilight cost is 3. You play Elrohir at twilight cost -2, for a total of 1. You have no more tokens with which to play Legolas.

Each card in the starting fellowship is played one at a time, which means that you have to fully pay a card’s twilight cost before moving on to playing the next companion. They don’t hit the table simultaneously. Make sense?

Third, what on EARTH is he doing running Legolas and the Bros together? Legolas is archery, plain and simple, the bros are elvents, plain and simple. Running them both dillutes both strategies and makes for a mediocre deck. Tell him to go all elvents or all archery, but don’t mix ’em.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:22 pm
*Moved to Gameplay Questions*

And NB is correct. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:44 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
NBarden wrote:

Third, what on EARTH is he doing running Legolas and the Bros together? Legolas is archery, plain and simple, the bros are elvents, plain and simple. Running them both dillutes both strategies and makes for a mediocre deck. Tell him to go all elvents or all archery, but don’t mix ’em.

Event-based Telepathy.
Stuff like Still Needed.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Alex
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:39 pm
Thanx 4 the quick reply guys, i’m sorry for post in Open LotR Discussion, i did it by the way because i was in a computer of my university. (In these computers there are blocked the links that there has the word Game, like gameplay questions, don’t worry i will not do it again).

And about the Elvents and Archery, i totally disagree with Nbarden because an only archery deck is weak.

Orcs survive because they have high vitality, Corsair Marauder and Mumak Rider discard their bows, the wounds can be prevent like Uruk-hais(Force of Uruk-hai with some Uruk friends in Battleground) or Evil men with Pavise(Like Castamir of Umbar with Pavise in Wold Battlefield site, Ouch! or Bill Ferny with pavise and Poleaxe, kill galadriel at site 2), Southrons prevents the archery wounds with a cheap event(High Vantage) and can be used again with Ships of Great Draught.

In Resume there are to many ways to destroy an only archery elf deck, thats why i think that the best way is combine it with some events, at least 6 skirmish events and Aegnor or 4 skirmish events with 4 Spied from Afar, because if i can prevent the wounds i easily overwhelm Galadriel.

thnx again 4 the clarification.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:03 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
No problem. You’re hardly the first person to ask this, and you certainly won’t be the last.

(Darn "Brothers Broken".....)
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
macheteman
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:27 pm
i totally agree with you Alex, combining strategies can make a stronger deck. i wrote my first article about hybrids. and the elf culture is so easy to hybrid with.

however, on the flip side, you have to be careful when you hybridize because you can very easily end up with a deck that doesn’t do anything well.

-mm
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:43 am
[quote="Alex"]And about the Elvents and Archery, i totally disagree with Nbarden because an only archery deck is weak./quote]

Then you absolutely shouldn’t pair it with Elvents, it needs to much deckspace. run Elven Hunters or something.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Gartax
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:44 pm
well if you only put legolas in it is a good thing since it allow one direct wound plus 1 loose archery allowing you to kill without always overhelming
Alex
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:00 pm
Very Happy Sure the elf hunters is strong but have the same weakness(wound prevention) and 4me is easy overhelm a Elrond or Gilgalad if they don’t have skirmish events to survive.(not mention that if you kill one character in this deck threats explotes, ouch, my favorite combination with Slag Mounds site, poor corrupt galadriel Twisted Evil )

I’m not telling run a 50-50 archery-elvent, i’m telling "have events to survive an easy overwhelm".

Ahh...by the way, is just my opinion but, i prefer Elvents instead of archery.
Archery sucks 4me(obviusly no shadow archery, the best shadow in my opinion). Most of the shadow decks lose against elf archery because they don’t put cards to prevent wounds. In all of my shadow decks i put cards like Force of Uruk-hai, Pavise, Easterling Polearm, Hides, because this cards are pretty strong, not only against archery, they r strong against dwarfs, knights, ranger’s bow, denethor, last throwing steward, and they don’t interrupt the goal of the shadow only support them.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions