LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
vccf999
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:20 am
hi guys, i am vincent from malaysia & i have a few questions for a few cards, hope can get answer from experts like you guys here Very Happy

1. Birthday Present - I am a bit confuse when i read the articles where the player can keep take back the shire card they want every turn, but the card itself said "Choose 2 shire event card with DIFFERENT card title....let the shadow player choose 1 & take into hand...".

2. Can I just return merry, swortain / pippin, Wearer of black & silver during game play even though there are no roaming minion / rohan possesion in the discard pile?

3. I am thinking of 1 combo involving glimpse of fate/Robin Smallburrow, Shirrif Cock-Robin to reduce strength of minions during pre-skirmish. My question is, is there any other methods to improve this combo so that i can use it every time & take back the cards that i discarded?

thanks for read my question & i do really really appreciate anyone that could help me. thanks Homage Homage Homage

p.s: o, btw, may i know is there any webstore that i can buy cards, singles / common / uncommon setsw? i know cobra here is the best, but now it was closed Sad i am looking for few cards to buy ( i dont have better cards for trade, & ebay not always have good cards for sale Sad ) pls let me know if you guys know any. thanks again & wish you guys have a nice day...
menace64
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:34 am
vccf999 wrote:
hi guys, i am vincent from malaysia & i have a few questions for a few cards, hope can get answer from experts like you guys here Very Happy

Well, I’ll give it my best shot!

vccf999 wrote:
1. Birthday Present - I am a bit confuse when i read the articles where the player can keep take back the shire card they want every turn, but the card itself said "Choose 2 shire event card with DIFFERENT card title....let the shadow player choose 1 & take into hand...".

Well, surely there are two different cards you want. And your opponent wont always know which card you’re wanting more.

vccf999 wrote:
2. Can I just return merry, swortain / pippin, Wearer of black & silver during game play even though there are no roaming minion / rohan possesion in the discard pile?

Absolutely! That’s why they’re so awesome. Notice that returning them to your hand is the cost. So you can do that and then get no benefit. They make really good archery targets, don’t they?

vccf999 wrote:
3. I am thinking of 1 combo involving glimpse of fate/Robin Smallburrow, Shirrif Cock-Robin to reduce strength of minions during pre-skirmish. My question is, is there any other methods to improve this combo so that i can use it every time & take back the cards that i discarded?

So you’re looking for cards to take things back into hand from your discard pile? Well, Birthday Present is pretty good. I can’t really think of any other cards off the top of my head, though. I’m sure there’s something.

vccf999 wrote:
p.s: o, btw, may i know is there any webstore that i can buy cards, singles / common / uncommon setsw? i know cobra here is the best, but now it was closed Sad i am looking for few cards to buy ( i dont have better cards for trade, & ebay not always have good cards for sale Sad ) pls let me know if you guys know any. thanks again & wish you guys have a nice day...

Hill’s Wholesale Gaming is pretty good. I know DA Card World used to be awesome, but I can’t say if they’re still in business or not. Just do a few google searches and something’ll turn up.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
vccf999
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:41 am
thanks for the quick reply Very Happy

menace64, you said my opponent wont always know which card i wanting more, which means i just pick 2 cards, face down & let my opponet choose? or do i have to reveal them to my opponet? is it the same senario with the card "saved from the Fire" ?
menace64
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:50 am
You have to let him see what the two cards are, but if you have your "game face" on, he might not know which card will help you more.

Saved From the Fire is a little different. You get to choose the 3 cards to play. All the opponents can do is sit back and cry as you set yourself up for a swift victory.

Hope that helped.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
vccf999
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:09 am
thanks menace64, i understand now... Very Happy
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:39 am
Birthday Present is one of those cards that I think could’ve gone either way. The official ruling is:

If the Free Peoples player has only 1 event (or up to 4 copies of the same event, but no other Shire events) in his or her discard pile, that event is taken into hand.

So given those conditions, the articles are right in saying you can take the Shire card you want back. Pretty neat!

And Decipher not updating properly as usual, Merrick Hale has kindly stickied some ruling documents here. The Hunters rulebook is especially important in explaining how followers work, in case you need it.
vccf999
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:04 am
thanks a lot for you guys professional explanations Homage Homage Homage

right now i am trying to come out the a shire/elven deck revolving the robin/glimpse strength reduce combo. if i manage to repeat the lost/gain initiative process, i guess it will fun to play Very Happy
NBarden
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:41 am
1. Yeah its different card.

2. Yes, you can. You can always pay the cost of a card, even if you don’t get any effect.

3. NO!!!! You stole my deck. Hardy Garrison, Glimpse of Fate, A Light In His Mind, and Brooding on Tomorrow, combined with Madril, Faramir’s Aide and Gandalf, Powerful Guide is fun. I also like Erland, Dale Counselor, because you can exert him twice to lose initiative twice.

I have a deck around this, but I have to get off soon, I’ll post it later.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
vccf999
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:04 am
haha dont worry NBarden, i dont dare to steal any one deck idea, but it is fun to do something before skirmish, right Very Happy

But i do curious, can the Hall of our father / glimpse of fate this combo working too? I mean, switch card at the start of maneuver phase, is it consider lose initiative or not? if this works, which means, with robin smallburrow/hall of our father/glimpse of fate combo i can do -4 strength twice to the minions; & perhaps as you said could other things, i.e: wound minion twice, discard condition twice & etc...Very Happy

o, maybe add in woodhall elves for double move, and repeat the actions.. Twisted Evil
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:32 pm
Hope Comes and Gandalf, Manager of Wizards are also good cards with wich to gain/lose hand size.

And it’s a really cool idea to combo Birthday Present and A Light In His Mind.

The new Gil-Galad can also return events from your discard pile to hand during maneuver, after adding a few threats, of course.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions