LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:49 pm
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
I love to draw, and lately I’ve been drawing...you guessed it...Lord Of The Rings characters. It’s been Gondor lately, but that may soon change. If you click on the pictures, you will be taken to a larger version of them.

I’m not really too happy with this one...

And this one is a work in progress. The first person who can tell me who it is will get a GP . I will post another picture of this drawing when I do a little more (probably later tonight or tomorrow).

Feel free to browse my album on that site. There isn’t any more LotR (yet), but I’ve got a couple of Star Wars and a few other drawing there. Or...don’t look at them. It’s your life! Laughing
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:06 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hmm...I know you’re drawing Gondor, but that last picture looks an awful lot like Gandalf.

Nice work, I love your Faramir.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:12 pm
LOL, it does look a bit like Gandalf, doesn’t it? Maybe I’ll draw him next. Think I was thinking of drawing one of the ladies next, as I haven’t done any of them yet. I’m a bit afraid of trying Arwen, as her beauty is just so perfect. It would be a challenge! I was thinking of Eowyn or Galadriel. There are just so many!

Thanks for the compliment CG, you made my day. Very Happy

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:23 pm
Wow. Those are great drawing, especially Denethor. Thumbs Up

As for the unidentified drawing, I’ll go out on a limb and say... Theoden?
I had to put something here.
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:26 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Wow. Shocked

Those are excellent!

And I’m guessing Boromir.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:30 pm
AD, you got it! It’s Boromir. 21-22 GP

I’ve done a bit more:

And thanks for the compliments, much appreciated. Very Happy

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:29 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Heh. I was going to say Gandalf too, and though I can now see Boromir a little more clearly, I think my first guess would STILL be Gandalf! Razz

Those are fantastic. I admire those who can draw so well, because I couldn’t to save my life. I draw great stick figures, though. They look just like the real thing!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:38 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Ever took any drawing courses, or is it just sheer skill?
I don't like YOU.
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:50 pm
I haven’t taken any art classes (besides my high school art classes a loooong time ago Laughing ). When I was a kid, my mother drew me a picture of a horse that I thought was so beautiful. It made me want to draw as well as her. So I practiced and practiced. I still don’t think I’m very good. I look at artists’ pictures and wish that I could draw like them! That makes me practice more.

Thanks so much for the generous compliments. I’ve done a bit more of Boromir, but I don’t think I’ll finish him tonight. I’m thinking of putting Minas Tirith to the right of him.

It’s weird, but my friends and family don’t recognise who I’m drawing until I’ve put their hair on them. They insist that it doesn’t look like the person at all, then when I draw the hair, they say, "Oh yeah, it is him!" Laughing

Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:54 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Research a bit on muscles and proportions, would do wonders for your drawings. Right now, it’s the only thing I see that makes them not excellent, some horse legs are stiff, sometimes they’re smaller than the front ones, some faces, like Obi-Wan, have a larger side, etc. Work on that, and it’ll improve your abilities even further.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion