LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Trading Forum
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:27 pm
Seasoned Leader is also a piece of cake to find (selling for as low as $0.75 right now on eBay, though the usual price seems around $2-$3)... Goblin Armory, not so much. The out-of-stock prices for the Armory tend to range from $3-$4, though, so price-wise the gap isn’t nearly as high.

But if supply is a consideration in these trades, I think, bunnydaman, that you should be able to get far more out of your Armory.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:08 pm
Well...hawkeyespf, you’re looking at it from a collector’s perspective. Also, in that case, why don’t we assume then that Seasoned Leader is more valuable than Strength of Kings? Because of the reasons you stated. However, playability is really what drives the cost of LotR cards COMBINED with demand.

From a playability perspective, Seasoned Leader is FAR more playable, being legal in Standard, although not played that much there, its still more playable than Goblin Armory. Because whereas Goblin Armory simply adds twilight (which is necessary), Seasoned Leader can be thrown into any exert to exert Southron archery deck, including Desert Lord, to make for some killer archery/beatdown action in Desert Lord as well as its however, Goblin Armory IS rarer, thus, I don’t think that the price difference is much different. Goblin Armory really only rock FotR anymore, because since ARB’s and wounding decks became popular, swarms have declined in popularity, making Goblin Armory more and more of a non-factor in Expanded. Whereas directed wounding is has always been a powerful strategy since FotR days! Grind/Archery decks are THE shadow side of choice in an expanded environment, and probably number 2 in standard after Forestguls.

However, as you mentioned, supply and demand must be taken into account as well, and its true that Seasoned Leaders are in more supply than Goblin Armories. However, you CAN find FotR boxes for $20, even CC sold them for that much and heck, there’s one on ebay for $0.99 that was listed several days ago. But I’ll still grant you that there is a supply difference, and even grant you that the supply difference makes Goblin Armory worth more than Seasoned Leader. But not by all that much, and I’ve already stated that I’ll throw in some extra cards.

At CC, Seasoned Leaders were going for $4, while Goblin Armories were going for $6. And I’ve had numerous offers for Seasoned Leader. Also, Goblin Armory is not a high priority want of mine, my Moria swarm is more of a fun deck than anything. I’d much rather trade it for Gamling’s Horn, which is considered less valuable than Goblin Armory, because I need Gamling’s Horn bad. Also, bunnydaman needs Seasoned Leader bad.

That being said, I think that my Seasoned Leader + several sweeteners, and I did mean rares by that, for bunnydaman’s Goblin Armory is pretty fair.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
bunnydaman
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:00 pm
Joined: 11 Jun 2007 Posts: 338 Location: 'hillbilliesville'
yeah. i think that would be fair. btw NB, who else do you knoe that has a seasoned leader, becuse i need two...

these are some wants. i dont think any are R, but maybe one or two is... i need these for my deck...:

Unyielding Ranger x2
Rangers Cloak x4
Hardy Garrison

Elite Archer x2
Southron Fanatic x4
Southron Savage x4

[sites]

Imladris
Anduin Banks
Enduin River
Emyn Muil
-"He’s like a spamming assasin." ~lem0nhead about SoP
"Yes, I'm a girl. And no, not like elf lvr."
[idea from FM]
NBarden
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:24 pm
I can get you Hardy Garrison for sure, maybe Anduin Banks and Anduin River, but the sites may not be mint condition.

None of those are rare, though, so is that still okay with you?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:03 pm
DANGIT LEM0N WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR HUNTERS FERNYS?!?!?!

I HATE THIS! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! But he would make my deck perfect. Crying or Very sad

Actually, I really do need him for my deck bad, though I didn’t realize it. I’ll trade a lot for it. But NP, NS is promised to CB, and I want his stuff as much as I want Ferny.

I want all three of your copies. I might even have some Scouring of the Shire.

I wish I’d bought a ATAR FOIL now. It’d be worth it about now. Not for JUST your Fernys, though....
NBarden
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:21 pm
I keep finding more of my wants on your list lem0n.

Here’s what I’ve got so far.

Gothmog, Morgul Leader x 2
Bill Ferny, Agent of Saruman x 3
Ugluk, Ugly Fellow

I’ll trade well...especially since you have an edge. Don’t hesitate to ask for a lot for them, and I’ll remember that you won the edge fair and square.

Although I may want you to use your edge in a later trade...argh...

Here’s what I’m thinking. You like high end cards, right?

1 each of all my EME dudes. Grimbeorn, Dain, Brand included, all in high demand. Complete with a decklist for a fun Brand/Gildor choke with as many cards as I can find that would go with it. You know you’ve always wanted to build one of those. You really know you do.
Noble Leaders
Forced March x 2

And that’s for all the cards I want. Sound fair?

Unless there are other cards you like as well. But personally, I think that if you’re holding those cards as trading material, my trade will leave you ahead of the curve in trading. Especially since EME is THE highest demand set in the game, and you should have offers in by the droves for the Gandalf dudes and Dain.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:05 pm
NBarden wrote:

Actually, I really do need him for my deck bad, though I didn’t realize it. I’ll trade a lot for it. But NP, NS is promised to CB, and I want his stuff as much as I want Ferny.

What stuff do you want from me as much as you want ferny?

I have Fletcher of Harad x2, one foil if you want.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
NBarden
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:09 pm
Your Goblin Hordes and Watchful Orcs, pretty much. 2x Hordes, all your Wathcful Orcs, and your two Fletchers are nice.

See, the Hordes and the Watchful Orcs would finish off my Lackey deck, while Ferny would finish off my Stragglers deck. You both want the card, I want to finish both decks, so first come, first serve.

Here was my offer. Your trade list says you need Balin Avenged, and you said you wanted my EME cards.

Fletcher of harad x 2 (1 foil)
Goblin Hordes x 2 (1 tengwar)
Watchful Orc x 3
Any of my C/U wants.

FOR

Duinhir
Duilin
Gildor Inglorion
Balin Avenged
No Pauses, No Spills
Any of your C/U wants. Will look through what I have.
bunnydaman
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:05 pm
Joined: 11 Jun 2007 Posts: 338 Location: 'hillbilliesville'
i would like to maybe have a rare in too...
-"He’s like a spamming assasin." ~lem0nhead about SoP
"Yes, I'm a girl. And no, not like elf lvr."
[idea from FM]
NBarden
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:10 am
Pick one. And I’ll tell you if I’m willing to part with it.

I’ll tell ya what. I’ll throw in Duilin and a Uruk-Hai Scout. Both EME cards which are in high demand. Which makes...

MY

Seasoned Leader
Duilin
Uruk-Hai Scout
Hardy Garrison

YOUR

Goblin Armory

Deal?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Trading Forum