LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
The thing with hunter is the name fits so well with a lot of cards, Regardless of what the keyword actually does.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

2Legolas, Friend of Gimli Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Archer. Legolas gains hunter 1 for each wound on Gimli.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make a minion skirmishing Gimli strength -1 (or -2 if that minion is an Orc).
”Often he took Gimli with him when he went abroad in the land, and the others wondered at this change.’”
maybe orc or uruk...

2Legolas, Elf of Mirkwood Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
Each time Legolas wins a skirmish, you may draw a card or take an Elven event from your discard pile into hand.
”Legolas had loosed his bow. There was a hideous yell, and the leaping shape thudded to the ground….”
cool!

1White Knife of Legolas Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Legolas. He gains hunter 1. This possession may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to exert a minion Legolas is skirmishing (or wound that minion if it is an Orc or an Uruk-hai).
”Legolas had a bow and a quiver, and at his belt a long white knife.”

cut the hunter bonus, make it give a straightaway strength bonus.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:23 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
I keep seeing all these cards with "hunter". Seriously, do you guys actually think it’s a good mechanic? Or just use it because "it’s new"? ’cause I HATE the GUTS of it... I expected more from D, they messed up a lot with keywords and mechanichs.

I hate it - my least favourite LOTR mechanic (except perhaps site control). Bleh! Boring and overpowered. Which is why I don’t use it.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2Legolas, Friend of Gimli Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer. Legolas gains hunter 1 for each wound on Gimli.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make a minion skirmishing Gimli strength -1 (or -2 if that minion is an Orc).
”Often he took Gimli with him when he went abroad in the land, and the others wondered at this change.’”

Presumably Gimli has a very similar exertion ability? But there is something to be said for EL’s point. Perhaps a spotting requirement (eg. a hunter or 2) to guard the power level?

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2Legolas, Elf of Mirkwood Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.
Each time Legolas wins a skirmish, you may draw a card or take an Elven event from your discard pile into hand.
”Legolas had loosed his bow. There was a hideous yell, and the leaping shape thudded to the ground….”

Personally, I think he’s overpowered with Hunter 1 (being effectively a 2/7/3/6 archer companion with a decent ability) so would remove it. Or possibly get rid of archer.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1White Knife of Legolas Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Legolas. He gains hunter 1. This possession may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to exert a minion Legolas is skirmishing (or wound that minion if it is an Orc or an Uruk-hai).
”Legolas had a bow and a quiver, and at his belt a long white knife.”

No problems, but it really means that the hunter bonus on the guy before is unnecessary.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:23 pm
Thanks for the reviews, guys! Thumbs Up

And much to Felipe and Thranduil’s chagrin, we have yet another hunter: Razz

3Gildor, Inglorion Elven
Companion • Elf
Muster. While Gildor is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -1.
Each time Gildor wins a skirmish, you may reinforce an Elven token.
“’I am Gildor,’ answered their leader….”

1Long Ago Departed Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot an Elven Elf to remove a threat (and remove a burden if you can spot 5 or more burdens).
Regroup: If you can spot no more than 4 Elven companions, discard this condition to reconcile your hand and remove 3.
”’…we too are now only tarrying here a while, ere we return over the Great Sea.’”

0 Elven Counsel Elven
Event • Response
If a Shadow player reconciles, spot 2 Elven Elves to reveal a Shadow player’s hand. Exert a companion for each minion revealed. If no minions are revealed, add a burden and discard your hand.
”’Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes.’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:10 pm; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:17 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Thanks for the reviews, guys! Thumbs Up

And much to Felipe and Thranduil’s chagrin, we have yet another hunter: Razz

I also agree its a dull mechanic. Nothing wrong with the cards you mentioned AP, but the idea as a whole is pants. Violent hurl could just have easily said or damage +1 if 3 or more vitality etc.. Anything really. It didnt have to be hunter. Just make a different spotting requirement. Hunter was uneccessary and tedious. And ultimately besides the three hunters and the uruks, giving any one else hunter is stupid. Thats why D should have come up with something better.

3Gildor, Inglorion Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 7
Hunter 1. While Gildor is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -1.

See? Why the heck would some elf at rivendel be a hunter? It doesnt fit. But besides that this guy is too hard so id actually remove the hunter anyway. A 2 cost 8/3/6 is way too strong with a neat ability like he has.

1Long Ago Departed Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot an Elven Elf to remove a burden or a threat.
Regroup: If you can spot no more than 4 Elven companions, discard this condition to reconcile your hand and remove 3.
”’…we too are now only tarrying here a while, ere we return over the Great Sea.’”

Cool but seeing as you can discard it and play it again id be wary of such easy burden removal. Maybe change it to just threats to balance?

0 Elven Counsel Elven
Event • Regroup
Spot 2 Elven Elves to reveal a Shadow player’s hand. Exert a companion or add a burden for each minion revealed.

Really good for deciding the double move so i like the painful balance but you get away scott free if they have no minions as you would definately choose to move again then and there was no downside. Maybe exert a companion for each minion. Then add a burden or 2 if there are no minions. Something like that?

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:37 pm
I edited all of ’em. Thumbs Up Any better?
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:43 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4Gildor, Inglorion Elven
Companion • Elf

Doesn’t quite work with this title - D’s version is called Gildor Inglorion, Of the House of Finwe, meaning that yours is a separate person. Needs a subtitle. Also, why would you want a 3 cost Elf in your starting fellowship? Who could you include? I’d make it after spotting say 2 Elves, and then maybe -2. Otherwise solid.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1Long Ago Departed Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot an Elven Elf to remove a threat (and remove a burden if you can spot 5 or more burdens).

Better to say ’If you cannot spot 5 Elven companions...’ Perhaps should cost 2 or require exerting an Elf, especially with that ability that triggers when you play it.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
0 Elven Counsel Elven
Event • Regroup
Spot 2 Elven Elves to reveal a Shadow player’s hand. Exert a companion for each minion revealed. If no minions are revealed, add a burden and discard your hand.

Not good enough - they wouldn’t have reconciled yet, so you have no idea what they’re going to have next site! As a ’Fellowship/Maneuver ability event it could work a lot better, but I don’t think it needs any downside at all - look at the equivalent Gandalf card.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anvar
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:50 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

4Gildor, Inglorion Elven
Companion • Elf

This guy seems a little weak (compare to Aragorn, Thorongil). I would stick with the cost and stats from the original card ie. cost 2, str 6 vit 3 res 6.

Then give him Hunter 1 and the reinforcing ability.

That’s my opinion, for what it’s worth,
Anvar
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

4Gildor, Inglorion Elven
Companion • Elf
cut cost to 3. and the hunter bonus makes NO sense whatsoever. captain would be better if u use it in this set

1Long Ago Departed Elven
Condition • Support Area
cool!

0 Elven Counsel Elven
Event • Regroup
Spot 2 Elven Elves to reveal a Shadow player’s hand. Exert a companion for each minion revealed. If no minions are revealed, add a burden and discard your hand.

I am missing any usefulness in this card. make one of them positive
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:10 pm
Edited. Thanks, guys. Smile
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:09 pm
0 Friendship Renewed Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an Elven token here for each Dwarf you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove an Elven token from here to make a minion skirmishing a Dwarf strength -1.
”’It is long indeed since we saw one of Durin’s folk in Caras Galadhon. But today we have broken our long law.’”

4Glorfindel, Ranger of Rivendell Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Hunter 1. Ranger.
While you can spot Aragorn, Glorfindel is damage +1.
Fellowship: Exert Glorfindel and discard an Elven card from hand to play an Elven possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
”’This is Glorfindel, who dwells in the house of Elrond….’”

2Asfaloth, Steed of Glorfindel Elven
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
While skirmishing an unmounted minion, bearer gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: If bearer is Glorfindel, exert him twice and add a burden to cancel a skirmish involving another companion.
”…their great steeds were no match in speed for the white elf-horse of Glorfindel.”

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards