LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
What do you think about the Troll's Keyward + Warg combo?

Broken!  
54%
  [ 6 ]  54%

Balanced!  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

I've never played against it or used it.  
18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

Total Votes : 11
macheteman
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:18 am
the voice of truth has spoken...
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:20 am
...and it hath said that the Orc Troll Swarm is broken beyond all belief.
I had to put something here.
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:32 am
IMHO the Troll Swarm deck is no worse than yor Beloved Men archery AP. MM managed to beat you early in the game using his Troll Swarm just like you have managed to crush several people early (site 4 and 5) with your Men archery. The only difference is Troll Swarm can setup great using 2 cards: Keyward + Warg and your Men archery sets up just a easy with Mouth/Pavise and since the Mouth can pull the Pavise to get all your howdah and such ready to clobber the opponent. If you believe Troll Swarm is broken then I suggest you stop playing your Men archery deck. I just think both are good decks and you have to think to beat either one or survive long enough to let your shadow breakdown the freeps each is paired with.

-EDIT-Not to mention Troll Swarm does have to get a good hand to work properly anyway if you don’t have enough Trolls in hand then the whole thing is going to fall apart anyway. Just like the Men archery you and a single minion to get things setup the thing rest relies on your luck with your draws and hand. Men archery sets up with Mouth (a single card) which can get the other card need for the setup then you need to be able to pull precision targeting and evelated fire and some other archers (4 cards for say: 1. Precision Targeting 2. Elevated Fire 3. Archery of Harad 4. Any other Men archery). That can net you a ton of Arrows, 3 arrows from Howdah (that Mouth pulls) +1 from Precision Targeting, +3 from Elevated fire, +2 from the archers form a total of 9 arrows on 3 comps which can easliy kill 3 comps. Troll Swarm setups up with 1 minion (which can’t get his needed possession) then you have to have a warg in hand and for the same scenerio as the Men archery 4 trolls in hand. So that will get you an extra 16 twilight which can in a good situation (trolls not roaming and the cheapest Trolls costing 6) can only get 2 Trolls on the table. Trolls Keyward might beat a companion and the Trolls might win their skirmishes but in the end it might kill 3 companions as well which is exactly what Men archery does. So if you want mm to stop playing Troll Swarm then maybe you should hang up your Men archery deck both are OP but not Broken IMO. Not to mention you can run pumps to beat the Trolls and Keyward to keep them from wounding and Killing you where Men archery is much hard to prevent, since the best way to prevent it was Eleven Armaments and that got errated.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Lurkerburger
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:05 pm
Crying or Very sad i tought that it was BEKORN!!!! but i guess i was wrong.
O.o
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:42 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

*sigh*

When will people stop misusing this much-abused word?

Broken=unbeatable, usually an infinite combo; i.e., Fruit Loops
Overpowered=very hard to beat, powerful, not well-costed, unfairly powerful; i.e., Troll Swarm with Wargs
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:33 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

*sigh*

When will people stop misusing this much-abused word?

Broken=unbeatable, usually an infinite combo; i.e., Fruit Loops
Overpowered=very hard to beat, powerful, not well-costed, unfairly powerful; i.e., Troll Swarm with Wargs

Thank you CG, finally someone that sees it for what it is "NOT BROKEN". Just for the record I never said Men archery was broken, just putting it in the same league as Troll Swarm with wargs very OP and hard to defend. Was just staing that if AP wants to ban Troll Swarm he needs to do the same with Men archery they are both very powerful at what they do.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Apopatos
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:57 pm
I can hardly say the troll-keyward-warg combo as broken since I have beaten it many times. Powerful yes, but broken no. We could begin a new quarrel about broken decks and cards like we used to do before the errata but I’m tired of such things. I believe such things belong to the past Cool
One thing is for sure. Some decks have great problem against archery some doesn’t. The same for the trolls. As far as I have seen only uruk-hai don’t have such a strong combo and thus they don’t have a single card in the x-list.
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:17 pm
Archery is not broken. How on earth is archery broken?

I guess the words "Broken" and "Overpowered" are used interchangeably.

Frenzy was broken. Gamling’s horn is broken. Troll’s Keyward, insanely overpowered, but I’m not sure it could be considered broken.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:37 pm
NBarden wrote:
Archery is not broken. How on earth is archery broken?

I guess the words "Broken" and "Overpowered" are used interchangeably.

Frenzy was broken. Gamling’s horn is broken. Troll’s Keyward, insanely overpowered, but I’m not sure it could be considered broken.

You must not be able to read: I NEVER SAID Men ARCHERY WAS BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe people will see that
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:03 pm
Sorry. Geez, don’t bite.

How is it overpowered? How on EARTH is it overpowered?

Its actually a hit and miss kind of deck. Against the right deck, its awesome, but against a different deck, it bombs bad.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion