LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:52 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Haleth looks good.

Freda is nice, I guess.

And I’m about 95% certain that "Garulf" means "the werewolf." Laughing
*Maybe* add a cost to Garulf’s ability, like "Exert bearer to...." Like it, though.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Haleth, Young Warrior Rohan
Ally • Home 3 [TTT] & 4 [TTT] • Man
Strength: 4
Vitality: 2
Villager. Archer.
To play, spot 2 Rohan Men (or Aragorn and a Rohan Man).
Archery: Exert Haleth and spot 3 Free Peoples archers to wound a minion; Haleth does not add to the fellowship archery total.
“‘The men are saying we will not live out the night. They say that it is hopeless.’”
works for me. maybe just, or aragorn.

1Freda, Child of the Westfold Rohan
Ally • Home 3 [TTT] • Man
Strength: 1
Vitality: 1
Villager.
At the start of each turn, heal a villager.
“‘I don’t want to go, mama....’”

She’s the little girl you see seperated (with his brother)
am I the only one who noticed that? cool.

1Garulf Rohan
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert X minions, where X is the number of villagers you can spot.
“‘Father says Éothain must not ride Garulf....’”

coolio
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:48 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Haleth, Young Warrior Rohan
Ally • Home 3 [TTT] & 4 [TTT] • Man
Villager. Archer.
To play, spot 2 Rohan Men (or Aragorn and a Rohan Man).
Archery: Exert Haleth and spot 3 Free Peoples archers to wound a minion; Haleth does not add to the fellowship archery total.
“‘The men are saying we will not live out the night. They say that it is hopeless.’”

With ally healing he is very good but i think he’s fine. Villagers are pants so they need something good.

1Freda, Child of the Westfold Rohan
Ally • Home 3 [TTT] • Man
Strength: 1
Vitality: 1
Villager.
At the start of each turn, heal a villager.
“‘I don’t want to go, mama....’”

Yeah i think this is cool.

1Garulf Rohan
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert X minions, where X is the number of villagers you can spot.
“‘Father says Éothain must not ride Garulf....’”

Sweeeeet.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:57 am
Garulf is powerful. I won’t say it’s too powerful, but I will suggest giving it "Bearer must be a villager." Not only does it add flavor, it helps rein in a potentially abusable card.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:10 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I tweaked Garulf as recommended (and also added a small strength boost, since the potential bearers are so limited now), and also made a couple small changes to Freda that she probably should have had all along.

I promise that future villagers will not have such in-your-face abilities, but be a bit more subtle as most of the old-school villagers were. However, I simply can’t resist a couple more "fighting" villagers before we get there, bringing back two of my old favorites. Enjoy!

2Aldor, Veteran Warrior Rohan
Ally • Home 3 [TTT] & 6 [TTT] • Man
Strength: 3
Villager. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
Archery: Exert Aldor and spot a Free Peoples archer and another villager to wound a minion twice. If that minion is killed, make the fellowship archery total -1.
“‘Hold!’”

Obviously pairs VERY nicely with his archery understudy, Haleth. There’s a price to be paid, though, as his ability comes with an archery drawback. Is it enough to keep him balanced, though?

1Sigewulf, Valiant Defender Rohan
Ally • Home 4 [TTT] • Man
Villager. To play, spot 2 Rohan Men (or a Rohan villager).
Maneuver: Exert Sigewulf to make him valiant and allow him to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase.
Sigewulf was one of many volunteers whose bravery made up for his lack of battle experience.

A speed bump that doesn’t add to the Rule of 9! Nifty, eh? Smile And hey, as a short-term valiant Man, you have a few options with him before he (probably) dies.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:43 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I tweaked Garulf as recommended (and also added a small strength boost, since the potential bearers are so limited now), and also made a couple small changes to Freda that she probably should have had all along.

I promise that future villagers will not have such in-your-face abilities, but be a bit more subtle as most of the old-school villagers were. However, I simply can’t resist a couple more "fighting" villagers before we get there, bringing back two of my old favorites. Enjoy!

Archery: Exert Aldor and spot a Free Peoples archer and another villager to wound a minion twice. If that minion is killed, make the fellowship archery total -1.
“‘Hold!’”

I like him in an Eowyn style wounding deck.

Obviously pairs VERY nicely with his archery understudy, Haleth. There’s a price to be paid, though, as his ability comes with an archery drawback. Is it enough to keep him balanced, though?

Maneuver: Exert Sigewulf to make him valiant and allow him to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase.
Sigewulf was one of many volunteers whose bravery made up for his lack of battle experience.

Mr T numbah 2! Seriously, though, don’t you think that running Thrarin, Dwarven Speed-Bump and Sigewulf may be a little bit to easy to take pressure of the RB?[b]

A speed bump that doesn’t add to the Rule of 9! Nifty, eh? Smile And hey, as a short-term [b]valiant
Man, you have a few options with him before he (probably) dies.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:54 pm
NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Mr T numbah 2! Seriously, though, don’t you think that running Thrarin, Dwarven Speed-Bump and Sigewulf may be a little bit to easy to take pressure of the RB?

I’d considered that, but I decided long ago that some of Big D’s too-easily-splashable cards shouldn’t always affect how I design my own. However, I think this one is okay regardless. It’s impossible to get without either 2 Rohan companions or several Rohan allies, whereas Thrarin could be tossed into any ol’ fellowship (especially those of the solo RB or Aragorn WTG variety). This guy CAN work that way, but the work you have to do to get him in there doesn’t really seem worth it to me.

So, more than likely, you’re going to have several companions out shielding the RB anyway. If someone wants to toss in Thrarin AND this guy too, then so be it. But as we all know, Rohan adds plenty of twilight, so I doubt it would make or break the game to have 2 speed bump allies anyway.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

“‘Hold!’”
I think should have Freda’s discard text.

ditto here.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:43 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

“‘Hold!’”

Thats not really a downside is it though as you have a net +1 archery still.

Will he have the howler monkey photo? Razz Seems ok cos if he does fight he’ll die. Still good protection for frodo how about in region 1 or 2?

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:13 am
A valid point SoP makes about the discard text. I chose to leave it off Aldor and Sigewulf, since they also lacked it back in the day, even at a time when most villagers had such text.

However, today’s DO have it. As promised, these are more "standard" villagers, with an emphasis on making your Rohan companions better rather than really doing things directly. They’re also both based off existing villagers (with subtitles and lores inspired by the originals), but soon we’ll get to some all-new guys and gals. For now, though, enjoy! Smile

1Léod, Humble Rancher Rohan
Villager.
Discard Léod if an opponent controls any site 4.
Maneuver: Exert Léod to play a Rohan mount on your Rohan character from your hand or draw deck; that mount’s twilight cost is -1.
A simple herdsman well-known for raising fine horses, Léod was one of the better-known and respected defenders during the desperate stand at Helm’s Deep.

1Weland, Rohirrim Smith Rohan
Discard Weland if an opponent controls any site 4.
Maneuver: Exert Weland to play a Rohan possession (except a mount) on your valiant character from your discard pile.
A skilled and respected blacksmith, Weland was able to restore many of the worn and broken weapons brought to Helm’s Deep back into effective fighting instruments.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards