LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:46 pm
Frodo Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring
Starting: Aragorn Captain of Gondor
Free Peoples:31
1X Fifth Level
1X Garrison of Gondor
1X Guard of the White Tree
1X Boromir Hero of Osgiliath
2X Dagger Strike
1X Gandalf Leader of the Company
2X Gondor Bowmen
1X Garrison of Osgiliath
1X The Saga of Elendil
1X Heirs of Gondor
2X City Wall
1X Isildur Heir of Elendil
2X Gondor Bow
2X Knight’s Mount
1X Mithril Coat
1X Ranger’s Sword Blade of Aragorn
2X Sword of Gondor
1X Gondorian Blade
2X Flaming Brand
1X Armor of the Citedel
2X Citadel of the Stars

Shadow:32
1X Sauron The Lord of the Rings
2X Olog-Hai of Mordor
4X Great Hill Troll
2X Gate Troll
2X Troll of Udun
2X Gorgorath Troop
1X Gothmog Lieutenant of Morgul
1X Gorgorath Swarm
1X Gorgorath Breaker
1X Gorgorath Ransacker
1X Gorgorath Officer
1X Gorgorath Keeper
1X Gorgorath Pillager
1X Siege Troop
1X Siege Commander
1X Gothmog’s Warg
1X Vile Blade
1X Orc Bowmen
2X Troop Tower
1X Tower Walkway
1X Desperate Defense of the Ring
1X Thin and Stretched
1X Above the Battlement
1X Enheartened Foe
1X Desperate Measures
1X You Bring Great Evil

The strategy for the shadow minions is power. With the Gate Troll while I can spot another troll it is twilight cost -4 and it is strength +1 for each Sauron Minion I can spot. With Tower Walkway all the besiegers are strength +1 for each site I control and with tower walkway all Sauron Orks are strength +1 for each Besieger stacked on a site I control, they just work together. Then there is Thin and Stretched and the Desperate Defense of the Ring, With Thin and Stretched the free peoples basically either adds a burden or jeopardizes the Ring-bearer which can hurt the companions resistance in turn, with Desperate Defense of the Ring you can give the free peoples a headache by making them have to either discard 3 cards from hand or adding a burden, this can discourage a player from using some of their better companions. And the Orc Besiegers are a nice touch.
The free peoples are mainly Gondorian Men and a few other various companions. There aren’t any extremely clever combinations of cards, I have Aragorn which while he has Gondor bow, Knight’s mount, the Saga of Elendil, Ranger’s sword, and flaming brand is strength 13 and vitality 5, while skirmishing an Uruk-Hai strength 15 (Ranger’s Sword) And while skirmishing a Nazgul strength 15 DAMAGE +1 (Flaming brand ) and if he has 2 flaming Brands he is strength 16 and damage +2, with out pump ups. Call me a country bumpkin but that is pretty exiting just thinking about it. As you have probably noticed, this is a knight deck, and also a common variety of knights weapons right? right. To most of you this is probably a so-so deck so I would be happy if you could recommend some cards to me. Smile
[/quote]
Last edited by Gagnut on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in totalI don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
unlimited_08
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:24 pm
yo I would use elendil, the tall and garrison of gondor in there for sure and maby think about using isildur as your ring bearer. I would also for sure take out the elves and maby gandalf? should also use alot more fortification and put in 2 gondor still stands too for repeated use of some of the nice fortifications. and also take out Henneth Annun(its for rangers)

~Unlimited_08~

keep it real!
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:04 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Its okay but you definetly should get rid of Gildor Inglorion this is a gondor deck
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
unlimited_08 wrote:
yo I would use elendil, the tall and garrison of gondor in there for sure and maby think about using isildur as your ring bearer. I would also for sure take out the elves and maby gandalf? should also use alot more fortification and put in 2 gondor still stands too for repeated use of some of the nice fortifications. and also take out Henneth Annun(its for rangers)

~Unlimited_08~

keep it real!

Get rid of all non-Gondor companions(with the posibble exception of Frodo) use more Fourth Level and Citadel of the Stars, and definetly get a Garrison of Gondor and Elendil if possible. Also what Ring do you use?
ingold55
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:28 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Get rid of all non-Gondor companions(with the posibble exception of Frodo) use more Fourth Level and Citadel of the Stars, and definetly get a Garrison of Gondor and Elendil if possible. Also what Ring do you use?

i have to agree, if you still keep a non-gondor companion in, keep gildor. why not through in a gondorian steed? kind of few companions in your starting don’t you think? fourth level works extreemly well, then throw in one or two gondor bow, and one sixth level.
Last edited by ingold55 on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in totalThere is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickleofvalar
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:36 pm
Hey dude, you got too many companions in this deck...

Somthing else too, why in the world would you have Gildor if you have the max number of companions in a deck? Isn’t he like for swarm defense? I don’t see you being swarmed out easily... Something you may want to consider would be putting in Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon in place of Gildor. (this is a knight deck after all)
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
ingold55
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:36 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
even though you want to follow the knight theem, faramir captain of gondor is always good to have because of the extra twilight it takes out. alcaran is a good thing to point out sickleofvalar, he is an almost must in knight decks. Smile
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:54 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Why is Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon always used in knight decks?
His first text is okay but his asignment text is not very good because there are few fortifications than can be transferred in manu Laughing
sickleofvalar
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:01 pm
I saw that there were some fortifications and I immediately considered Alcarin for this deck. When you’ve taken archery or have been exerted/wounded by a shadow event, Alcarin’s text is great! Don’t keep a narrow view Mr. bobtheorc. Smile
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:54 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sickleofvalar wrote:
I saw that there were some fortifications and I immediately considered Alcarin for this deck. When you’ve taken archery or have been exerted/wounded by a shadow event, Alcarin’s text is great! Don’t keep a narrow view Mr. bobtheorc. Smile

But since his text is assignment you would have to move again and leave a minion with a fortification alive or use First and Second Level I have a knight deck and it seems to do just fine without him.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard