LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:35 am
Hey All,

I’m a LotR fan and a bit disappointed by the apparent close of Decipher’s website. I like the little community you have going here and the online games with SdA. I use a program called LackeyCCG to play LotR with my friends and we’re enjoying it a lot.

However, now with the website down, there is a problem with missing card images. I think new blood--new players--will keep the game alive even if Decipher has abandoned it. The problem is that new players will be unable to download the card images. I’m working on updating the Lackey LotR plugin with a copy of every card image, but the project would be beneficial to SdA users as well: an online archive of LotR cards! I was hoping that the community would collectively be able to supply the missing cards.

I downloaded all I could from Decipher’s website before it disappeared, and I am lacking several cards from T&D, and about a dozen promos. Here is a link to the exact list:

http://lackeyccg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=258

If any of you have these from Decipher’s website would you be willing to email them to me? Or, if you have the physical card, would you be willing to scan it in? Please let me know! I’d love to keep the game running!

Thanks!
Last edited by Kralik on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:46 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I’d love to help, but I doubt I have any of the cards you’re looking for; our store stopped carrying LotR, and I only got around to making one order from Cobra before he closed.
I’ll check, though.

Good luck!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
You can find images of ALL cards at Trade Cards Online.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:36 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hey, that works! Nice link, Dain! GP
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Kralik
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:56 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
You can find images of ALL cards at Trade Cards Online.

Very nice! I wonder if you could set up SdA to grab its images from there... it would be tedious to have a new player have to download them by hand.

Unfortunately, they are also missing the T&D and promotional images I’m looking for... I have a feeling that Decipher never posted them Sad
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:23 pm
Who cares about images? There isn’t a single card that keys off of pictures.

Isn’t LotR for PLAYING? Not staring at pics...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Kralik
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:27 pm
The visual aspect of the game is very appealing to me... I wouldn’t enjoy playing at all if all I had was a bunch of text boxes with each card’s game text. With good pictures, playing online is almost as good as playing in person...
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:36 pm
Don’t take any offense to NB he just likes to whine alot and hijack peoples threads to boost his PPD Shocked .
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:48 pm
Um...not.

I’m serious. The game isn’t about the pictures. Otherwise, I’d never play MtG. Razz
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NappyKorn
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:24 am
NBarden wrote:
Um...not.

I’m serious. The game isn’t about the pictures. Otherwise, I’d never play MtG. Razz

Kralik never said it was about pictures, he simple asked people to help him get the images for his game software. In my opinion playing the game online is more interesting and apealing if you have the option to see the actual card image. I get your point about the card image not being a neccessity but it makes it more appealing. I was also being serious, you do tend to get on here and whine or just rude to everybody who posts and you love to hijack peoples threads especially in the deck section. Almost eveytime some posts a deck you either bad mouth it or simple post your own deck under it. People ask for some suggestion in the deck clinic not for you to tear their deck apart and rebuild it for them. You are so absessed with being the lead spammer or whatnot that you get rude with people. I will not post again to this thread unless it is on topic.

BTW Kralik you can ask a mod to clean this thread up for you if you wish. They will more than glady delete the posts made by me and NB if you ask and when they get the time. Very Happy
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion