LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:06 am
I’m sorry to appear rude, my point wasn’t to simply bad mouth the idea, but to point out that there’s really no reason for a newbie to manually download all the images. Sorry if I came across as rude, and I’ll try not to be in the future.

And this has nothing to do with a PPD count.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Kralik
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:22 am
NBarden wrote:
I’m sorry to appear rude, my point wasn’t to simply bad mouth the idea, but to point out that there’s really no reason for a newbie to manually download all the images. Sorry if I came across as rude, and I’ll try not to be in the future.

And this has nothing to do with a PPD count.

Whoa! No need for anyone to get angry! I took no offense, and I didn’t get the impression NB was being rude. In my opinion, though, you won’t reel newbies in to playing LotR online if they can’t see the pics of the physical cards they are used to using. It’s true that gameplay hinges on the game text, but... most people are more visual than that. I used to play lots of text-based MUD’s online, and enjoyed them immensely. However, they never had nearly the following of graphical MMORPG’s such as EverQuest, WoW, Second Life, etc. (even though they were vastly superior in terms of gameplay) For many people, presentation is key. Playing online already has some disadvantages to playing in person -- why make it any more clunky and less user-friendly than it needs to be? Just a thought.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback so far! If anyone can track down T&D card images that would be great!
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:09 pm
You can download LotR Online and they have all the images in there.

Unfortunately, it requires a tedious screen copying/cropping, etc in order to get them, and they’re not that high quality.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Kralik
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:53 pm
NBarden wrote:
You can download LotR Online and they have all the images in there.

Unfortunately, it requires a tedious screen copying/cropping, etc in order to get them, and they’re not that high quality.

That’s how I got the T&D images we’re missing until I can find them somewhere else. Thanks!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion