LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
sickleofvalar
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:24 pm
I really like the Sauron culture in the way that it is so versatile. You can utilize the archery, swarm, overpower, etc. provided by the Sauron culture. I constantly make different kinds of Sauron based decks. Rohan is a fairly simple culture and can be great for beginners. I love the fact that they can really get juiced up when they have their mounts. Here’s the deck:

Ring Bearer: Frodo, Protected by Many
Ring: The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles

Sites:
(Fellowship of the Ring)
1 Shire Lookout Point
2 Trollshaw Forest
3 Rivendell Terrace
4 Mithril Mine
5 The Bridge of Khazad-dum
6 Lothlorien Woods
7 Anduin Wilderland
8 Shores of Nen Hithoel
9 Emyn Muil

Free Peoples:

Companions
Gandalf, Leader of Men (starting)
Eowyn, Daughter of Eomund (starting)
Gamling, Warrior of Rohan x2
Hama, Doorward of Theoden x2
Theoden, Lord of the Mark x3

Possessions
Gandalf’s Cart
Herugrim x3
Long Spear x2
Rider’s Spear x3
Riddermark Javelin x4
Sword of Rohan x2
Rider’s Mount x3
Horse of Rohan x2
Brego

Shadow:

Minions
Orc Swordsman x3
Mordor Brute x4
Advance Marauder
Mordor Fiend x4
Advance Regular x3

Events and Conditions
Mordor’s Strength x3
Orc Bowmen x4

Possessions
Orc Scimitar x4
Vile Blade x4

Strategy
Free Peoples: Okay, if it isn’t obvious, this deck is possession based. You start the game by using the text of site 1 by playing Gandalf’s Cart. You stack what ever possession you get in hand on there to free up you hand for next turn; this will help you rifle through your deck. The companions work best when you play possessions on them. Playing a possession on them will key healing, drawing cards, and strength boosts.

Shadow: This is just your average beatdown deck. Mordor Fiend is going to be very helpful (despite the fact its on the x-list...) because your minions are roaming almost the entire game. He throws a monkey wrench into twilight choke decks by adding twilight when only he’s out. Mordor Brute blocks archery when you have possessions in play, Orc Swordsman gets serious strength boosts when paired with an Orc Scimitar, and Advance Regular makes all of these wonderful guys fierce! Mordor’s Strength helps you get rid of tough companions while Orc Bowmen pound away at your opponent’s vitality.

There it is! Give me your thoughts! Smile
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
unlimited_08
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:25 pm
Umm... there’s not much to say except WOW! I’m wondering if u really play with this? ya for some tips please use an eomer and a better theoden and try the rare gandalf from ROTK(i dont know wat he’s called) I have a Rohan deck I’m gunna post when I stop feeling lazy! Wink (probably never!) and it’s a cheap KILL ALL MINIONS fellowship. check it out and tell me what u think! Ill probably post it tomorrow.
sickleofvalar
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:32 pm
Thanks! And yes, I really do play with this deck! Very Happy I got that theoden in there for healing purposes. I’ll definetely review your deck, if and when you get it up. Cool

The reason I’ve got that particular Gandalf in my deck it so that I’ll have him in my starting fellowship; this will activate site 1’s text.

--Please use the edit feature. ~Phazanzar--
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats