LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
sickleofvalar
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:59 pm
Ring Bearer: Bilbo, Bearer of Things Burgled
Ring: Answer to All Riddles

Free Peoples:

Companions
Aragorn, Heir of Elendil

Possessions
Armor x3
Athelas x2
Gondorian Blade x3
Flaming Brand x2
Boromir’s Gauntlets x3
Hobbit Sword x3

Events and Conditions
The Saga of Elendil
Swordarm of the White Tower x4
No Stranger to the Shadows x3
Great Shield x3
O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! x3
Consorting with Wizards x3

Strategy: This is a low companion deck with a defender +1 companion; that companion being Aragorn. Basically, you load Bilbo and Aragorn up, and take whatever your opponent can throw at you. I made this deck to counter a little bit of everything. No Stranger to the Shadows lowers the cost to move forward, Boromir’s Gauntlets cancel skirmishes when it’s appropriate, and Flaming Brand (and Athelas too) gives you an edge on Nazgûl. Consorting with Wizards makes Bilbo impervious to wounds while O Elbereth! Gilthoniel! will help out when facing a nasty Nazgûl. Great Shield will help get rid of that unecesarry archery.

Give me your thoughts! Smile
Last edited by sickleofvalar on Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
unlimited_08
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:31 pm
Well then looks like you have the nazgul taken care of but add a couple Stone Trolls and you’ be on your way! But I’m curious why dont you have an Aragorn’s Bow in there too?
sickleofvalar
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:34 pm
My brother wanted to submit his deck very badly. It needs some tuning, but he couldn’t wait. Very Happy

I think that exertions weren’t an option when the deck was created. Since he was defender +1, unecesarry wounds weren’t optional.

--Merrrrrrrrrged. ~Phazanzar--
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
unlimited_08
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:37 pm
again plz add stone trolls!

unlimited_08

~Keep it Real~
sickleofvalar
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:39 pm
thanks for the suggestion! i’ll do that. i’ve been going back and forth between my deck and my brother’s deck and got them mixed up, my bad. Embarassed
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
syndrome
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:18 am
If you play in extended, you can only have 1 no stranger to the shadows.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
ingold55
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:14 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
drop one hobbit sword, and add sting weapon of heiritage. anduril King’s blade is a good one to add in.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickleofvalar
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:53 pm
Why would I put Sting and a hobbit sword in a deck if they both can’t be in play? Neutral Thanks for the suggestion on the Anduril, King’s Blade though! I never thought to throw that in there! Very Happy
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
unlimited_08
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:00 pm
ohh yea I thought that since aragorn has the gandalf signet u should put gandalf’s wisdom in there to make the posessions u play on him cheeper. since after all its supposed to be a cheap deck Wink
ingold55
Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:11 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
the thing is, is that sting is better than the regular hobbit sword. then one more suggestion is throw in armor of the citadel, or coat of mail.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open