LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I realized, gee I have 10-15 minutes of extra time. Then I said na, and did it the next day in my spare time Razz
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:26 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
Though amazingly, SoP wasn’t on that list! Razz

Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Not that I have much room to talk, of course.

No you don’t, numbah 3.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:07 pm
I’m now missing only m64’s, though he seems to be missing from the boards at the moment.

So all that remains is for me to wait a few hours on some of my comments, and we’ll go ahead with the voting.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:09 am
He’s been on several times in the last couple days, he posted arguments about the wikie dying and asked for gp to get his sig. He mustnt have time for this or something.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:19 am
Okay, names are now up for the last round if you want to glance over them. I’m not going to wait anymore for menace64, but if in future rounds he wants to join up again, I’m sure that would be fine.

But now for some hardly ordinary weather cards. Vote for your favourite 3 in order, as always.

EDIT: Voting ends Monday 25th when we’ll start with our first Free Peoples cards (yes, I said ’cards’). Wink

Hobbiton Lad
1 No Ordinary Storm (V) Isengard
Event
Manuever: Spot Saruman (or exert an Isengard minion) to make the Free Peoples player exert X companions where X is the number of weather conditions you can spot.
"So Gandalf... you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails -- where then will you go?"
1 V 130

lem0nhead
1 No Ordinary Storm Isengard (V)
Condition
Plays on a site.
Each time you play a weather card at this site you may make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -1 (or -2 if the current site is a mountain) until the regroup phase.
"’So Gandalf... You tried to lead them over Caradhras. and if that fails - where then will you go?’"
1 V 130

sickofpalantirs
Condition
Weather
To play, spot Saruman (or 2 Weather cards.) Plays on a site.
When the fellowship moves from this site, you may discard this condition to wound each unbound companion.
"So Gandalf...you try to lead them over caradhras, and if that fails--where will you go?"
1 V 130

Shieldmaiden
Condition
Plays to your support area.
Skirmish: Exert an Isengard minion to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -1 for each weather condition you can spot.
"So Gandalf... you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails, where then will you go?"
1 V 130

NBarden
Condition
Weather.
To play, exert Saruman twice. Plays on the fellowship’s current site.
Each time you play a weather condition, you may make an unbound companion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
Each time the Free People’s player plays a card, you may exert a companion.
Discard this condition when the fellowship moves from this site.
So Gandalf...you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails - where then will you go?
1 V 130

Anvar
Event
Weather.
Shadow:
Reveal 2 weather cards from hand to play Saruman from your draw deck or discard pile, or discard X Weather cards from hand and exert Saruman to exert X companions.
"’This is the work of Saruman!’"
1 V 130

Author’s Note: this is to smooth over issues about not having Saruman in play every site, something weather decks really need. It also gives an outlet for discarding weather cards that you can’t use eg. Saruman’s Chill against no hobbits, giving the deck some much needed cycling capabilities.

DainIronfoot
Condition
Spell. Weather. To play, exert an Isengard minion (or spot Saruman). Plays to your support area.
When you play this condition, spot a race. Each time you play another weather card, you may exert a companion or ally of that race.
“‘He does not love Elves and Dwarves, and that drift was laid to cut off our escape.’”
1 V 130

elf lvr
Condition
Weather.
Each time you play another weather card, you may exert an Isengard Wizard (or spot 2 Isengard Wizards) to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion.
"’So Gandalf... you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails - where then will you go?’"
1 V 130

Author’s Note: This card is meant to make new wizard strategies viable with old weather strategies. Saruman’s Snows + A Few Wizards + Throne of Isengard = deadly!

AgentDrake
Condition
Weather.
To play, spot another weather condition (or Saruman). Plays to your support area.
Shadow: Discard this condition to add 2.
Regroup: Spot an Isengard minion and discard a weather condition to exert a companion.
"’If the Mountain defeats you, will you risk the more dangerous road?’"
1 V 130

LeoKula
Condition
Shadow: Play a weather condition to place an Isengard token on this card.
Maneuver: Transfer this condition from your support area to the fellowship’s current site. When the fellowship moves from this site, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion for each token here.
"’So Gandalf... you try to lead the over Caradhras. And if that fails - where then will you go?’"
1 V 130

AnxiousChieftain
Condition
Weather. To play, exert an Isengard minion. Plays on a site.
While the fellowship is at this site, each time you play a weather card, you may exert a companion.
Regroup: Spot 3 weather conditions and discard this condition to discard an exhausted companion. The Free Peoples player may make the move limit -1 (to a minimum of 1) until the end of the turn to prevent this.
"’Gandalf, we must turn back!’"
1 V 130

Author’s Note: I tried to make the card mimic the fact that the more the weather got worse (each time a weather is played, someone gets exerted), the harder it is for the Free Peoples player to press on (discard exhausted companions or make the move limit -1).

CarpeGuitarrem
Condition
Shadow: Exert a minion to play a weather card stacked here as if from hand.
Shadow: Remove 1 to stack a weather card from hand here.
Regroup: Spot X cards stacked here to take X Isengard cards into hand from your discard pile (limit 3). Discard this condition.
"It’s Saruman!"
1 V 130
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:11 am
Thranduil wrote:

Event
Manuever: Spot Saruman (or exert an Isengard minion) to make the Free Peoples player exert X companions where X is the number of weather conditions you can spot.
"So Gandalf... you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails -- where then will you go?"
1 V 130

Probably OP but good.

1 No Ordinary Storm Isengard (V)
Condition
Plays on a site.
Each time you play a weather card at this site you may make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -1 (or -2 if the current site is a mountain) until the regroup phase.
"’So Gandalf... You tried to lead them over Caradhras. and if that fails - where then will you go?’"
1 V 130

Balanced and ok.

Condition
Weather
To play, spot Saruman (or 2 weather cards.) Plays on a site.
When the fellowship moves from this site, you may discard this condition to wound each unbound companion.
"So Gandalf...you try to lead them over caradhras, and if that fails--where will you go?"
1 V 130

Its non unique. A couple of these a site and your dead, OP.

Condition
Skirmish: Exert an Isengard minion to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -1 for each weather condition you can spot.
"So Gandalf... you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails, where then will you go?"
1 V 130

Argh! More or less unlimited strength minus a LOT. OP by a mile.

Condition
Weather.
To play, exert Saruman twice. Plays on the fellowship’s current site.
Each time you play a weather condition, you may make an unbound companion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
Each time the Free People’s player plays a card, you may exert a companion.
Discard this condition when the fellowship moves from this site.
So Gandalf...you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails - where then will you go?
1 V 130

Exert a companion if the free peoples plays a card is nasty as heck on top of an already good ability.

Event
Weather.
Shadow:
Reveal 2 weather cards from hand to play Saruman from your draw deck or discard pile, or discard X Weather cards from hand and exert Saruman to exert X companions.
"’This is the work of Saruman!’"
1 V 130

Could have been phrased as 2 seperate shadow abilities. Its cool though.

Condition
Spell. Weather. To play, exert an Isengard minion (or spot Saruman). Plays to your support area.
When you play this condition, spot a race. Each time you play another weather card, you may exert a companion or ally of that race.
“‘He does not love Elves and Dwarves, and that drift was laid to cut off our escape.’”
1 V 130

OP unless against a rainbow fellowship. Mono cultures get pwnd by this.

Condition
Weather.
Each time you play another weather card, you may exert an Isengard Wizard (or spot 2 Isengard Wizards) to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion.
"’So Gandalf... you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails - where then will you go?’"
1 V 130

Did i miss another isengard wizard??? Apart from that finally a balanced and useful card as long as you have to exert the wizard! Yay!

Condition
Weather.
To play, spot another weather condition (or Saruman). Plays to your support area.
Shadow: Discard this condition to add 2.
Regroup: Spot an Isengard minion and discard a weather condition to exert a companion.
"’If the Mountain defeats you, will you risk the more dangerous road?’"
1 V 130

Almost balanced but i think the regroup is tending towards OP, too targeted and strong. Would have benefited from freeps choice or exert a minion to do it.

Condition
Shadow: Play a weather condition to place an Isengard token on this card.
Maneuver: Transfer this condition from your support area to the fellowship’s current site. When the fellowship moves from this site, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion for each token here.
"’So Gandalf... you try to lead the over Caradhras. And if that fails - where then will you go?’"
1 V 130

Sweetness a card i actually like! The longer it stays out the more powerful it becomes but risks being discarded. Balanced.

Condition
Weather. To play, exert an Isengard minion. Plays on a site.
While the fellowship is at this site, each time you play a weather card, you may exert a companion.
Regroup: Spot 3 weather conditions and discard this condition to discard an exhausted companion. The Free Peoples player may make the move limit -1 (to a minimum of 1) until the end of the turn to prevent this.
"’Gandalf, we must turn back!’"
1 V 130

Awesome. Balanced. My only concern is again it cant be unique so a couple at this site is nasty. Hey ho.

Condition
Shadow: Exert a minion to play a weather card stacked here as if from hand.
Shadow: Remove 1 to stack a weather card from hand here.
Regroup: Spot X cards stacked here to take X Isengard cards into hand from your discard pile (limit 3). Discard this condition.
"It’s Saruman!"
1 V 130

LOL i know where the lore is from but it looks silly written down. Was really good until i thought of the recursion this could create.

Tough round though as most of the cards not only made a weather deck viable they made it broken! The exertings going on there are mental, most fellowships would be exhausted in a turn or two!!!
Last edited by lem0nhead on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:17 am; edited 2 times in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:15 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Did i miss another isengard wizard???

Alatar, Pallando and Radagast Deceived.

Just a point: in this round, I encouraged high power levels on that basis that weather strategies are so terrible already.

Also, lem0n, are you going to vote? Very Happy

EDIT: Thanks! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:19 am
Gees Thran give me chance to assess my decision! Its done now Very Happy

And im not bothered how bad the weather tactic was now its insane! No other cards exert each compaion or all companion or x companion each turn! Argh!

Edit: What your saying is a liscence for people to make broken cards. tsk tsk!!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:22 am
From someone who as at least seen a weather deck being made, the main issue with them is that every weather card you put into your deck is a minion you can’t. Which means that it’s extremely tough to reliably play your weather cards, which is why I didn’t think all this insane exerting is broken.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:24 am
Why would you want a minion when card says wound each companion moving from this site and its non unique!!! Sorry but ull never convince me they are balanced.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards