LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:07 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
It seems to me that a deck centered around the two Wizards should be possible--and potentially very powerful--but I just can’t seem to get one to work. Any tips?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:08 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Trust Me as You Once Did x4 (I think that’s the one that beefs up gandy signets)
Plus the common Legolas and Gimli from Towers.

And then, of course, glamdring, herb bag, etc etc etc.

And maybe a couple tricks like Final Count/Axe is Notched for Legolas and Gimli.

It sorta wanders off into dwarf/elf territory, though, if you’re not careful.

And for a shadow that follows the theme, use Saruman and his staff, Istari Decieved, and 4x A Shadow Rises.

That’s the first thing that comes to mind, anyway.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:27 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
well, i dont know, it would be nice to start both of them, but if i had to choose one id take gandalf, you could start Gandalf and Radagast with Gandalf as the Ring-Bearer, but then youd have to bring in another person to keep gandalf from corruption, probably jarnsmad, hmm, maybe an expanded spell based thing with Gandalf’s Staff and Radagst’s Herb Bag... maybe a run deck yeah...
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:22 pm
AgentDrake wrote:

And for a shadow that follows the theme, use Saruman and his staff, Istari Decieved, and 4x A Shadow Rises.

That’s the first thing that comes to mind, anyway.

Hey Dain if you want to take this advice I can send you a decklist of the cards that are in my Decieved Conditions/Wizards deck. You played against it once I believe. If you liked it and want the complete decklist for that shadow I can email or PM it to you, or if you just want me to spam your thread and get some people started on how that would belong if the deck clinic section I can just post it here Shocked . Anyway let me know if it interests you at all.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:41 am
Gandy RB/Radagast always seemed like a great idea, but I never could get it to work.

I’m thinking that they’re best in a Rohan Riding like the Wind run deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:21 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
What about a Frodo/Sam and Gandalf/Radagast hybrid?

Frodo, Weary From The Journey (w/ The One Ring, The Ring of Doom)

Sam, Steadfast Friend (starting)
Gandalf, Leader of Men (starting)

Radagast, The Brown x3

Gandalf’s Staff
Radagast’s Staff
Glamdring, Lightning Brand
Shadowfax, Greatest of the Mearas
Radagast’s Herb Bag
Sting, Weapon of Heritage
Hobbit Sword

A Promise x4
Measure of Comfort x4
G for Grand x4
A Light In His Mind

Servant of the Secret Fire x4
Prolonged Struggle x2
Mysterious Wizard x2
Sworn Companion x2

35 cards total, which is actually pretty small for me. Razz The focus is getting your guys up to high resistance numbers to make sure your G for Grands are triggered at all times. Between those and your A Promises, Frodo and Sam will each be a very respectable 11 strength, so you shouldn’t have to worry about them being overwhelmed, and between that and the swords and pumps, they’ll probably actually win more often than not. Gandalf will be 11 too, and Radagast can be all the way to 12; with their possessions/artifacts, they get up to 13 or 14 each (depending on who gets what). Again, that should be plenty (especially with the pumps) to win more often than not.

With this version of Glamdring (and the Herb Bag if necessary), Gandalf should be killing a lot of minions off whenever you play a Servant of the Secret Fire during his skirmish, helping set up Radagast’s double and triple moving.

Any suggestions? I was actually looking for a way to get just Gandalf and Radagast, but like NB said, I don’t know that that’s feasible.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:09 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Well, actually...

I have no idea if this would work, but:

Gandy RB with Resistance Ring
Radagast

4x Ease the Burden
Glamdring (whichever one removes burdens. Foe-Hammer, I think?) x2
Radagast’s Satff x2 (maybe 3 even, because drawing cards is fun)
Radagast’s Herb Bag xwhatever
Gandy’s staff x (whatever)
Watch and Wait x2
Strange Meeting x4
Pallando x2 or 3
Alatar x 2 or 3
Behold the White Rider x 2 or 3
The Terror of his Coming x4
Deep in thought x2
Sent Back x4
Radagast x3 (plus the one in the starting fellowship)

Actually, I doubt it would work, but maybe you could tweak it into something useful.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:55 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
What about a Frodo/Sam and Gandalf/Radagast hybrid?

I built a Gandy/Frodo/Sam deck, and it was pretty cool. Radagast would be cool to work in as well. It was a high resistance deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:26 pm
Pure Gandalf/Radagast seems like an artificial limitation. As in, it’d be sacrificing deck strength for the theme and not the other way around. With only one other companion you’d need to set up heavy burden removal, which in turn hurts the running aspect.

Anyway, how about repeatedly replaying Radagast during a turn with Sent Back to bump up the move limit each time? Minion removal can be handled by Out of the High Airs or Bearer of Great Secrets if you’re feeling masochistic. Then depending on how important pure Gandalf/Radagast is to you, you can throw in chump companions, Hobbits to cancel skirmishes, whatever to survive the skirmish phase. Could be fun!
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:43 pm
How about maybe running a frodo bearer and a good Gandalf as your starting fellowship then use saved from the fire to grab another gandalf, Radagast and a sent back. Just make a smaller deck and run saved from the fire x4 to help ensure you get a saved from the fire pretty quickly. When you burn your Starting Gandalf you can grab the 3 formentioned cards then with Sent Back you can replay the 2nd Gandalf (maybe Gandalf returned so you can get a possession on him. Then maybe use Gandalf’s Hat to remove the twilight for left over twilight for the doubles. Just add in some pumps and some burden remove (so Gandalf’s hat won’t corrupt you to fast). Anyway just a thought. Might give it a try myself Very Happy
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion