LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
What version of Legolas do you think is the best?

Legolas, Greenleaf  
40%
  [ 8 ]  40%

Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Legolas, Son of Thranduil  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Legolas, Dauntless Hunter  
10%
  [ 2 ]  10%

Legolas, Elven Comrade  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Legolas, Archer of Mirkwood  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Legolas, Fearless Marksman  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Legolas, Nimble Warrior  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Legolas, Elven Stalwart  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Legolas, Companion of the Ring  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Legolas, Woodland Emissary  
15%
  [ 3 ]  15%

Legolas, Of the Grey Company  
10%
  [ 2 ]  10%

Legolas, Fleet-footed Hunter  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm  
20%
  [ 4 ]  20%

Legolas, Skeptical Guide  
5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

Total Votes : 20
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:57 pm
Taking a page from AP here. Razz Figured maybe we could post one of these every week to get some discussion going. Even though the poll says "best," that’s really of a catch-all term. Feel free to discuss your favorites, the ones you think are under/overrated, cool combos, and the like!
menace64
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:13 am
My first response to this question is always Greenleaf, but I voted Of the Woodland Realm. Not only does OtWR get a hunter bonus (which is better than any non-hunter companion, no matter what), but he can generate a bunch more arrows under the right circumstances.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:12 pm
I like OtWR as well. Although Of the Grey Company is good in the right deck, and combos well with either companion Rumil.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:35 am
I thought OtWR was a bit underwhelming myself because his ability depends on what your opponent is playing. Is his hunter keyword (not necessarily the strength bonus) what makes him good?

Random category awards:

The one that isn’t quite so bad but never got the chance to shine: Prince of Mirkwood. Heh, tough competing against Greenleaf. Strength 9 in a Nazgul-heavy meta (especially with Relentless Charge floating around) might’ve made him worthy of consideration until... say, Glorfindel was released? Unfortunately there are so many strong Elves to choose from nowadays that he’s looking antiquated again.

The one I’m surprised I don’t see more often: Son of Thranduil. Seems he’d make a nice splash when paired with Forestguls. Or is Rumil/Orophin/hunter Legolas stealing all his thunder?

The one that looks woefully underpowered: Companion of the Ring. Even at strength 8 he clocks in below other Elven companions or loses out in abilities. Oh right, and he’s not an archer (at least FfH is a hunter). Gah!

The one that might look great but isn’t: Skeptical Guide. Two threats apiece just can’t compete with Aragorn’s Bow RL, Rumil, Orophin, etc. (However at one threat built-in without exertions he’d be crazily overpowered, IMO.)

And in terms of ones I like but aren’t quite sure how to use: Fearless Marksman and Woodland Emissary. I think Fearless Marksman was popular in Slaked Thirsts decks for directed wounds with minimal upkeep; anything new post-Shadows? Woodland Emissary seems made for a Elven/Rohan deck with Eowyn LoI as the other start, but I don’t hear too much about him.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:01 am
Greenleaf everytime.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Kralik
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:13 am
Legolas, Woodland Emissary would work well with Rumil, Silvan Elf.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:54 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Greenleaf FTW! I mean, how can you not love him? Exert him to wound a minion, use A Grey Ship to heal him...that’s a directed archery wound!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:51 pm
He’s also a nice combo with Take up the Bow, because he is an archer, but still doesn’t add to the fellowship archery total anyways, so its a net loss of only 1 arrow vs 2.

Son of Thranduil is nice, I’m surprised he didn’t get much use either. I have a couple Spanish copies I won from CC’s giveaway a year ago and I found that him + the forest Orophin (Brother to Haldir, I think), was great if you ran Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood. Chock full of forests, 3 arrows pouring in at the start, and then nab 4 Lorien Swordsmen and an Arwen, QoEaM with 4 Elven Bows and Legolas’ Bow. I didn’t need anything else, 8 arrows was usually enough to stop anything (although 4x Feathered came in pretty helpful on occasion, like vs Shelob. Twisted Evil).
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
gil-estel
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:07 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Greenleaf is cool, as is Dauntless Hunter. Archer of Mirkwood has a nice addition. Heal everytime he wins...can be cool, together with Gimli from BoHD and Lend us your Aid -exert gimli twice to make him and each elf str. +3- more fun then competitive but cool nonetheless. Son of Thandruil is mentioned. Woodland Emissary is nice with another exertion. With his bow and a few nocked is nice. Grey Company is nice, but there are much better, guaranteed extra archery cards. Well it comes down to preference and with what the opponent comes...Wisest of words, I know;)
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:02 pm
Ah, Greenleaf finally got some votes. Laughing Shoulder to Shoulder lives!! ...In our hearts. *LOL*

Yep, one of the only two starter decks I’ve ever bought was the BoHD one with Archer of Mirkwood. Not the best $10 I ever spent in hindsight (those Southrons went nowhere), but I got a kick out of the Gimli/Legolas tag team.

The free directed exertion from Woodland Emissary is great. One less Nocked to draw, exertion and threat from Rumil/Orophin, etc. And he can make Rumil gain archer before archery is totaled! Just all-around useful especially before all the bows come out and everything is properly set up.

Forgot about Lady of the Golden Wood. Exclamation Who knew watching the movie that Galadriel as a whole was so overpowered. I will diminish, and go into the X-list, and remain Galadriel... until the next set, bwahaha!!1

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion