LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:50 pm
Hey I need a quick comprehensive look at what people play here on CC.

Nbarden said mostly dwarves. What are the other most commonly played decks here? My SDA inactivity will be the death of me yet.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:52 pm
Dwarves mostly.

There are some initiative loser decks, as well as Gandy men running out there, but Dwarves are most popular. As for shadow sides, Forestguls are still popular, I’ve been seeing a LOT of beatdown, but not as much Archery/Grind.

BTW, up for a game?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:27 pm
Haven’t used SDA before, and it’s been years since I’ve built a deck let alone played. What decks are strong while still being fun? Dwarves don’t sound particularly fun. Years ago I played gandalf/ents, and either moria or nazgul decks. Since I stopped playing I just kept collecting, hoping to get back into it someday. Tell me about this SDA.
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:37 pm
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Dwarves are powerful, but I don’t have fun playing them, so I don’t play them. I can see why other people love dwarves, though.

I love my Gandalf RB/Monster Minions deck, so much fun! I also play Gondor Choke/Raider Archery, Hunter Elves/Battlefield Uruks, Healing IB Rangers/Corsair Swarm (this one’s loads of fun, and standard too). Very Happy
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:00 pm
I just downloaded SDA 1.3
Every time I click to add frodo, the program crashes. wtf d'oh!

Is there a website for this program, updates, or patches?
Does it use card images? I notice the images folder only has a few in it.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:42 pm
I never had that crash problem...try deleting the entire program, and re-downloading it. If that doesn’t help, I wouldn’t know what to do.

SDA connects directly to Decipher/fanhq sites to download the images. The downloaded images are placed in the images folder.

World Wide Ladder: http://lotr.winnieinternet.com/

EDIT: thinking about your crashing problem. try installing .net frameworks from microsoft.com:

.net frameworks

Thanks for helping, y’all
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:55 pm
d'oh!
My bad. The frodo cards are selected seperately from the rest, so when I double-clicked on it I got an error message.

Now I just have to remember everything about the game...

Gawd just think, I was at ComicCon in 2003 teaching 70,000 people how to play this game. Those were the good times...

Amazing what can be forgotten in 5 years.

Quote:
SDA connects directly to Decipher/fanhq sites to download the images. The downloaded images are placed in the images folder.

What are the odds of Decipher deleting or moving their images?
Does anyone have a complete SDA image folder that I can cut and paste into mine?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:01 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
http://lackeyccg.com/lotr/

That’s a Lackey program, it’s got all the images, no longer linked to Decipher’s site.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:45 am
That’s helpful (I must say the lackey interface doesn’t thrill me though).
Kralik
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:09 am
Hobbit_Pizza wrote:
That’s helpful (I must say the lackey interface doesn’t thrill me though).

It’s fairly utilitarian, though the author is working on a skins feature for the next version.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion