LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:01 pm
So, my decks all do one of two thinks.

1). Completely and utterly pwn and destroy everything (as theJord knows to his cost).

2). Fall flat on their face and die without a fight (as theJord knows to his advantage).

So, here’s my lates crazy idea I need help on.

FOTR Block Wraith/Moria Archery

Here’s the idea.

Wraiths use Blade Tip and Black Breath to stick wounds on and make ’em stick, then you run full-scale Moria archery to hit the RB. Gates of the Dead City + Otsea + Burden adders means more wounding with Enquea to mop up.

Any ideas on that?

Also, I’m thinking of running a creepy deck inspired by an MtG deck called Mystical Teachings.

The idea is to run a sort of highlander Elven deck with filtering/cycling/seeding your discard pile, combined with Elrond, Witness to History to grab all the tricky Elven toys you could possibly need. My idea is running Gandy with that 1 elf, using Saved from the Fire to roast, Gimli + Calculated Risk/Delving to Cycle and Lost to the Goblins (Moria corruption style) to deckout, then use Elrond + Crazy healing = anything you might possibly need.

Any ideas on making these work?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:04 am
The Wraith/Moria deck will most likely not work unless you have some massive filtering/cycling fellowship since it will require a very large deck to pull it off effectively. Other issues involve the high twilight intensity of the deck. You will need a minimum of 6 twilight to get out two minions (nazgul and an archer) and neither of them will be able to win skirmishes/ make the wounds stick very well. Moria archery can be potent, but only in a deck that is designed to use ONLY moria archery as adding other strats makes the deck too big, costly and unreliable. Yes Black Breath makes wounds stick, but will be even more susceptible to Elven condition removal with the orcs around (Secret Sentinels) and there are simple ways around it. All the free people’s player has to do is assign the Nazgul to a companion they don’t care about, or someone who will win the skirmish and be able to discard the condition at a future site.

The only way this deck would work is if you get Otsea + Blade Tip at site 1 and can win a skirmish with him and keep the Blade tip on Frodo for a good amount of the game. Given the number of outs that the Free People’s player has with skirmish cancelers, strength pumps, archery condition removal in Fellowship block (Aragorn + Sword, Gimli SoG, Legolas + 1 archery, Legolas Greenleaf, Boromir or Aragorn + Flaming Brand, secret Sentinels, Hobbit Stealth, Hobbit Intuition, Gondor Bowmen, Merry FtS + 7 strength companion, Gandalf’s Staff, Servant of the Secret Fire... the list goes on) the odds of this actually working are next to none. Factor in the ring toss to Sam if you do get it to stick or the burden removal that Sam SoH provides, and getting to 5 burdens to trigger Enquea will be difficult if not impossible.

I somewhat toyed with this idea quite a while ago, but it just doesn’t work the way you think it would.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:06 pm
Okay, then I’ll just go typical Sauron/Wraith grind.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:08 pm
FOTR Block Wraith / Moria Archery

Quote:
Wraiths use Blade Tip and Black Breath to stick wounds on and make ’em stick, then you run full-scale archery to hit the RB

Homage

Thank God, my dream deck.

I always meant to build it, but could never could get the recipe right.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:17 pm
Any idea about the psycho Elrond deck?
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:45 pm
CrazyElrond ...

When you say toys do you mean posessions & artifacts?

I have a habit of loading my decks with all my favorite swords, rings, staffs, horses, bows, etc....and they never stand a chance.

Is it possible to load it up with accessories and still be effective? Without them it’s boring, with them it’s cumbersome.

Think
NBarden
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:49 pm
Actually, I meant recursion events. Corruption? Pack that tale that peels burdens and then some Elf Song or some other tales. Archery? Elven Cloaks/Hosts of the Last Alliance. Grind? Host of the Last Alliance. Take up the Bow to trash any mean guys. Pretty much tech against every deck and get it in your discard pile so Elrond can have fun.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:49 am
NBarden wrote:
Okay, then I’ll just go typical Sauron/Wraith grind.
Good idea. Much more synergy there.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:02 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I should know this, but does the "typical" Wraith/Moria grind consist of?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
FortunesRazor
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:46 pm
I always wanted to build Wraith/Isengard using twilight witch-king and enquea on fellbeasts with a good mix of isengard orcs that exert and discard to wound.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion