LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
michael knight
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:10 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Fellowship

Frodo, TIred Traveller w/ Such a Weight to Carry

Faramir, Son of Denethor (starting)
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (starting)
SMeagol, Always Helps (starting)
1 Faramir’s Sword
3 Gondorian Blade
3 Ranger’s Bow
2 Hobbit Sword
3 Hardy Garrison
2 Hope Is Kindled
2 Nine Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom
3 Great Heart
3 Shadowplay
3 Ancient Roads
2 Don’t Look at them
1 Mablung, Soldier of Gondor
2 Ranger of Ithilien
2 Madril, Faramir’s Aide

Shadow

2 Bent on Discovery
2 The Ring Draws them
2 Hatred Stirred
3 Sense of Obligation
1 Echo of hooves
1 Minas Morgul Answers
1 Dark Powers Strengthen
4 Fell Beast
4 Between Nazgul and Prey
1 Nertea, Messenger od Dol Guldur
2 Lemenya, Black Enemy
2 Cantea, Thrall of the One
2 Nelya, thrall of the One
2 Nelya, 3 of 9
2 Toldea, Black Shadow
4 Enquea, Thrall of the One

Strategy

Fellowship

Use the rangers with ancient roads to make the minions roaming, then kill them by wounding them. Shadowplay exerts the minions making them easier to kill. Great heart is awesome to play on pippin. assign him to skirmish an exhausted minion, then play great heart to kill that minion. Then you return him to your hand to wound another minion twice, discarding great heart as the same time. Smeagol is in there to take care of any multi vitality minions and any nazgul easily. A good trick is to resolve smeagol first, and wound his minion with don’t look at them. If you can plan it so that you have 6 cards in hand to start the skirmish. That takesyou down to 3 cards, tirggering hardy garrison to send out another wound. Then return pippin to your hand to give two more wounds and regain initiative. Then drop 3 more cards to don’t look at them, for another wound and trigger hardy garrison again. You lose all your cards except for pippin, but everything on the Nazgul side you you need you can get back, so feel free to dump your shadow cards in a pinch. You will need to pull don’t look at them with dammed gate stream probably, and pul a ranger with green dragon. You can bid high because you should be able to handle most of the ocrruption decks out their, and you really want to control the site path early. After you get set up you can run like the wind.

Shadow

Use Enquea to burden your into submission. Bent on Discovery exerts your minions and gives you a card per turn. The ring draws them gives you the twilight to go for the kill mid to late game, and everything else is support for Enquea. Lenya pull the Fell Beast’s back out, toldea pulls the between nazgul and prey back, nertea pulls all 3 of those minions out, Nelya swaps sites and the other nelya gives twilight in the skirmish phase. Hatred stirred can get anything you need and put it back in your deck. You will end up dumping many shadow cards during your fellowship time, hence the multiple recusion possibilities. Once you get going you can add 10 burdens or more at one site, so don’t get frustrated if they roll into 7 or even 8 with only a couple burdens. As long as you still have access to Enquea, a fell beast, and a couple of Between Nazgul and prey you can do some good stuff. One last thing to remember, don’t play too many Sense of obligation at one time, or else they might not help you at all.
One Man Can Make A Difference
Hazael
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:17 pm
I love that Pippin - Hardy Garriso­n - Madril combo Cool
but Dont Look At The­m works well with it too.
Gives you options. Smile

I have a ranger deck similar to this one, but I leave it completely up to wounds. I have no way of making my rangers stronger
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
michael knight
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:31 pm
Yeah, I don’t neccessarily like having the swords, but I have a beseiger deck that used to pound this deck until I added the swords. I just couldn’t wound those guys enough. I kept getting overwhelmed. Coat of mail might be better for what I need, but at the time I was trying to make the fellowship stanard. Now it dosen’t matter, so I might change somethings up.
Hazael
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:51 pm
There is another good combo for a deck like this...
Aragorn, guide and protector - New Errand - hardy garrison
Then I throw a very handy aragorn’s bow in with it.
Up All Night Productions
michael knight
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:10 pm
That is pretty good. I am already exerting enough with no way to heal other than at 3 and 6, so I would have to change it up a bunch to add that in there, but it is a good idea. The best thing is that Aragorn just says each time a FP event, so it gives you a lot of flexibility.
Hazael
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:24 pm
Ah, but now you put in 2-3 Banner of Westernesse and each time you win a skirmish.... phazanzar and tOO hate this.... you get to:

wound a minion for using an event (Aragorn, guide and protector)
wound a minion for losing initiative (Hardy Garrison)
wound a minion twice for taking pippin into your hand and gain initiative
wound a minion for winning the skirmish (New Errand)
heal a Gondor companion for winning a skirmish (Banner of westernesse)
discard two cards to wound a minion (madril)
wound a minion for losing initiative again (Hardy Garrison)
heal a Gondor companion for winning another skirmish (Banner of Westernesse)

and you come out better than when you moved. Pippin loses all his exertions/archery wounds and lets you gain initiative.

Thats why I only have 2 ranger’s bows in my RR wounding deck. Rarely do I end up needing to use them. Shadowplays/Faramir’s bow/Aragorn’s bow/gondor bowmen make them exhausted before the skirmish even comes.
Up All Night Productions
michael knight
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:51 pm
Yeah, that is a good little combo. I will have to work out where I can work that in here. Once Hunters comes out I can put the new frodo in here and drop the hobbit pumps, if I do that and drop the swords then I can add the cards in there to pull that off. I shoul dbe able to come up with 8 or 9 spots to play with.
sickleofvalar
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:52 pm
I suggest putting in Frodo, Hope of the Free Peoples to get rid of the threats that Smeagol generates.
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
michael knight
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:16 pm
Another fantastic idea. Looks like I have a little it of work to do. Thanks for the help!
sickleofvalar
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:20 pm
Not a problem! Very Happy
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard