LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Gillian
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:52 am
You started topic about tournament at 8th of march, at 10th of march were applied 11 players, now is 16th of march. How long would we wait for 12th player?

We can make tournament with 11 players. I can make sugestion how we would do that.
gil-estel
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:07 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
I agree...let’s start the thing!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Gillian
Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:12 am
What I have in mind are 3 preliminary rounds, and quarter final.
Ap you make random draw for first 3 preliminary rounds.

Scoring in preliminary rouds would be:

4 points for 2:0 win
3 points for 2:1 win
2 points gets player who is free in that round(if it is a unpair number of players)
1 point for 1:2 loss
0 points for 0:2 loss

Best 8 players play in quarter final by sistem:
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Semi final we ca chose randomly, but in semi final can’t play 1 vs 2.

If there are two players with same score after 3 preliminary rounds, first we look if they were played one against other, then we look their opposition score.
If there are three players with same score, then we look opposition score.

My sugestion for formats in first 3 round is:
round 1 Standard
round 2 Fellowship block
round 3 preeshadows editions
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:33 pm
Not a big fan of the points system, but you are yet another person who wants at least one round of FotR block, so... the second round will be FotR Block. *awaits applause from NB* Razz

I’d still like to get a 12th contestant. It will make eliminations much easier than having to stick by a points system. And its time for the matchups for Round 1, decided randomly by drawing names out of a hat.

MR. Lurtzy vs. NBarden

gil-estel vs. NappyKorn

Glorfindel vs. TheJord

Anonymous Prodigy vs. Kralik

haweyespf vs. Pippin

Celebrimbor vs. Gillian

Remember, the deck format is Standard: no cards from sets 1-6, no X-listed cards, no more than 1 copy of R-listed cards, post-Shadows sites only, and no more than 3 sites with the same Shadow number.

The elimination format is best-of-3, meaning that the first person to win 2 games in the series advances to the next round. Game reports are to be made here.

Let the games begin! Very Happy
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:57 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
macheteman
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:14 pm
i’d like to join in, i may have to work a few things out, but i’ll let you know when i find out if i can do it!
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Kralik
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:26 pm
macheteman wrote:
i’d like to join in, i may have to work a few things out, but i’ll let you know when i find out if i can do it!

Maybe you should take my place, macheteman. I don’t have any Standard decks nor the time to make any just now. Confused
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
gil-estel
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:31 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
dude...you’re pressing on to start the tournement and you then call it off? Too bad!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Kralik
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:51 pm
Quoting myself from page 4... Razz

Kralik wrote:
I’d be up for a game in FotR, TT, RotK, or Movie Block... I’d just have to fiddle with SdA a bit to figure it all out and find someone who could host or use Hamachi.

I was waiting for the details to be worked out, as some had suggested running FotR block first. If there will be a problem with standings unless I play every format, then I’ll gracefully bow out now so another can take my place. Homage
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:15 pm
You could always run RotK block and switch in post-Shadows sites, which would be Standard-legal. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:44 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
~!@#$%^&*()_+ I’m up against the master? Aw, I’m screwed. Crying or Very sad
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion