LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
26%
  [ 4 ]  26%

60%
  [ 9 ]  60%

13%
  [ 2 ]  13%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 15
Cobra
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:27 pm
I don’t get it either. But unlike Sickofpalantirs, I would love an explanation. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:11 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I don’t see why you would use the Sent Back strategy. Solo Smeagol is so much better. With the Sent Back you would be adding 4 twilight for Gandalf plus the 1 twilight when you move. SO if you play 4 Gandalfs you will have added 20 twilight for something that is not that helpful. I think solo Smeagol is probably the best way to use Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets
As Phazanzar has shown with his deck.
ingold55
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:10 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
hey it is an option! Smile i was being creative when i came up with it. Wink

it is a stratagy you would not use manly, unless you were messing around, and wanted to try something different . Smile
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:18 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it doesn’t seem like something that is that good actually I think its pathetic,
but at least you were taking intiative in thinking up something.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:18 am
This is a well-written article, but it seemed like you were mostly just stating the obvious. Also, I disagree with most of your Ring choices.

By the way, I still don’t understand how the Sent Back / Gandalf strategy would work with Solo Smeagol. Anyone care to explain?
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Cobra
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:23 pm
I think it’s a way to break the "rule" that Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets can only be used with Ring-bound companions. You can play him with an unbound fellowship too, as long as you provide a continuous supply of "sacrifice" caompanions. Using Gandalf and Radagast with Sent Back prevents you from being crushed by the Rule of 9 -- the Wizards can satisfy Smeagol’s anti-unbound-companion text for all eight moves, while only taking up two slots in your fellowship.

Of course, it’s extremely inefficient in every other way -- deck space, consistency, twilight costs... Laughing Pretty clever idea now that I think about it, but not useful except as a gag.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:34 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
This is a well-written article, but it seemed like you were mostly just stating the obvious. Also, I disagree with most of your Ring choices.

By the way, I still don’t understand how the Sent Back / Gandalf strategy would work with Solo Smeagol. Anyone care to explain?

I know that I did tend to state the obvious but as I have said before this is an overview not a full explanation and such.

I would like to have your feedback on what rings you thought where wrong.
Although I still think Answer to all Riddles is the best for Boromir Laughing .

Also I want everyone to understand that the Sent Back strategy was not in my article.
Thanks.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
fingolfin
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:22 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Excellently written article. Now I know a lot more about alternate ringbearers.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
ingold55
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:12 pm
Cobra wrote:
I think it’s a way to break the "rule" that Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets can only be used with Ring-bound companions. You can play him with an unbound fellowship too, as long as you provide a continuous supply of "sacrifice" caompanions. Using Gandalf and Radagast with Sent Back prevents you from being crushed by the Rule of 9 -- the Wizards can satisfy Smeagol’s anti-unbound-companion text for all eight moves, while only taking up two slots in your fellowship.

Of course, it’s extremely inefficient in every other way -- deck space, consistency, twilight costs... Laughing Pretty clever idea now that I think about it, but not useful except as a gag.

if i had smeagol i would try it. but you are right, it isn’t the best stratagy.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

ingold55
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:18 pm
bobtheorc wrote:

Also I want everyone to understand that the Sent Back strategy was not in my article.
Thanks.

he is correct. it is my stratagy not his. anybody who doesn’t understand the concept of the sent back staratagy, just look at the first page and see if you understand it. if not post it and i will try to explain it better.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest