LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NappyKorn
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:03 pm
What are the sets worth now a days: Here is a list of the sets and any help is appreciated.

Fellowship of the Ring
Mines of Moria
Realm of the Elf-Lords
The Two Towers
Battle of Helms Deep
Ents of Fangorn
Return of the King
Siege of Gondor
Reflections
Mount Doom
Shadows
Black Rider
Bloodlines
Expanded Middle Earth
The Hunters
The Wraith Collection
Rise of Saruman
Treachery & Deceit
Age’s End

Keep in mind that I’m looking for the prices of each complete set (no foils included). Just curious to see how people value the sets today. Looking for all the feedback I can get so even if someone else has posted how they value the sets please leave your input as well.

Thanks,

NK
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
menace64
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:59 pm
Prices from Ebay.

Fellowship of the Ring - $79.99
Mines of Moria - $19.99
Realms of the Elf-lords - $24.98
The Two Towers - $59.99
Battle of Helm’s Deep - $29.98
Ents of Fangorn - $24.99
Siege of Gondor - $49.99
Reflections - $39.99
Mount Doom - $29.99
Shadows - $49.98
Black Rider - 49.98
Bloodlines - $249.99
Expanded Middle-earth Set - $37.00
Treachery & Deceit - $159.98
Age’s End - $27.99
Weta Collection - $14.98

Couldn’t find complete sets for Return of the King, The Hunters, or Rise of Saruman, but here are a few different things to look at:

Return of the King Booster Box - $16.98
Return of the King FOIL Set - $249.99
The Hunters Uncommon Set - $19.98
The Hunters, 2 Starter Decks - $22.98
Rise of Saruman Common Set - $1.49
Rise of Saruman Uncommon Set - $4.98
Rise of Saruman, 2 Starter Decks - $19.50
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NappyKorn
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 am

Thanks M64, but those prices really don’t help much as seeing that from that list Bloodlines is more valuable than T&D and that is just plain insane to believe Shocked . I was hoping for more of individuals prices rather than what they are selling for on ebay. I’m more interested in knowing what this community thinks of them rather than retailers at the moment.

Anyone out there that reads this just give your opinion on this matter reguardless of what online stores and local sellers have the prices at as I am just interested in the general communities answers. Remember there are no wrong and right answers just your own personal value of the sets Thumbs Up. You don’t even have to list a price for each set just the ones you want to.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:26 am
Sent the PM before I saw your post. Embarassed Here’s what I can see myself paying for them--NOT what I think is the going market value. I realize "because you think AtAR foil is worth $20 does not make it so," and I wouldn’t offer $20 worth of cards to a trader if the fair value is $40, but if it’s just me and a card dispensing machine, it’s what I can see myself forking over. Wink

Fellowship of the Ring - $60 (first set, fun block, like the cards)
Mines of Moria - $20 (expansions from the first two blocks aren’t so good...)
Realm of the Elf-Lords - $20
The Two Towers - $40 (don’t like Towers block)
Battle of Helms Deep - $20 (as a player I would never buy a complete set of this)
Ents of Fangorn - $20
Return of the King - $50
Siege of Gondor - $30 (extra amount because there’s good stuff in there)
Reflections - $30 (R’s are cheap and I’m not interested in all the R+’s...)
Mount Doom - $30 (another fun set)
Shadows - $40 (not really interested in Shadows cards...)
Black Rider - $30
Bloodlines - $30
Expanded Middle Earth - retail
The Hunters - $100+ (most valuable set to me)
The Wraith Collection - retail
Rise of Saruman - $80 (and down once the hype is over)
Treachery & Deceit - $80 (ditto)
Age’s End - retail

Hope that helps any. I’d imagine prices can only go up from there. Laughing
NappyKorn
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:48 am
Thanks ES that is exactly what I was looking for. Even though I tend to disagree on a few of your prices you actually did exactly what was needed. You posted how you feel the sets are worth to you. To heck with what the Online stores say Laughing . People will only pay what they feel they are worth reguardless of what the stores sell them for. If the stores are asking too much then they won’t get buyers Thumbs Up

Anyay Personally I think ROS is worth at least the same if not more than The Hunters set simply because (for what I’ve heard) that set was in shorter print than the others. GP for your input, it was exactly what I was looking for and you dcided to be brave and give your values despite that fact others can disagree with you, but hey that is your feeling on it and other have their own.

Thanks again.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:46 am
Elessar’s Socks wrote:

Fellowship of the Ring - $60
Mines of Moria - $20
Realm of the Elf-Lords - $30
The Two Towers - $35
Battle of Helms Deep - $20
Ents of Fangorn - $20
Return of the King - $65
Siege of Gondor - $60
Reflections - $25
Mount Doom - $40
Shadows - $40
Black Rider - $30
Bloodlines - $30
Expanded Middle Earth - dunno
The Hunters - $150
The Wraith Collection - dunno
Rise of Saruman - $100
Treachery & Deceit - $120
Age’s End - $30

I’m not saying thats what id pay but thats what i think theyre worth, if i saw them at that price for sale i would think the seller was being accurate.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:15 am
NappyKorn wrote:
Anyay Personally I think ROS is worth at least the same if not more than The Hunters set simply because (for what I’ve heard) that set was in shorter print than the others.

Ah, I didn’t realize that. There are a few chase cards in RoS and T&D I like (Servant of Sauron, High King of the Noldor) but as a player I ranked Hunters higher because... well, it looks really fun. Laughing So I guess RoS would go to a collector and given the choice I’d take Hunters!
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:35 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Wow, from the looks of it, I’ve got roughly £500 sitting in my closet, and that’s not even counting my foils. Shocked Oh so tempting...must...resist... selling...E-bay... Laughing

Nah, I’m not selling my cards. Wink

In fact, I just got an e-mail telling me that a few promos are on their way to me. Yes, I’m addicted!
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:55 pm
Prices are currently going for that cheap??? I remember the days when the complete fellowship block was worth, approx. $500.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
TheHobbit13
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:40 pm
Celebrimbor wrote:
Prices are currently going for that cheap??? I remember the days when the complete fellowship block was worth, approx. $500.

well LOTR Is dead prity much so i guess thats why Think
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion