LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
syndrome
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:14 am
Small update, but I figured I myswell update my deck to fit the 35 cards in the ninja gollum deck that I’m hoping to buy (Cobra’s).

Ringbearer:
Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets bearing The One Ring, Answer to all riddles

Solo Smeagol Deck[35]:
Conditions[13]:
x4 there’s another way
x4 poor wretch
x3 Don’t Look at Them
x2 Safe Passage
Events[22]:
x4 Still far ahead
x4 not listening
x4 nasty
x4 power according to his stature
x3 where shall we go
x3 clever hobbits

Strength:
Poor Wretch + there’s another way let your smeagol get to base strength of 11 (if you get all out, which should happen if you cycle with your don’t look at them and where shall we go). Then, you can use your x4 Nasty to pump your smeagol up when needed, either to win strengthwise or save your lil ringbearers life.

Wounding:
Power according to his stature, where shall we go, and don’t look at them are all for wounding. PATHS works best against minions with small vitality, or when used with multiple copies of the card. Just be weary of your burdens Razz

Be careful with where shall we go and don’t look at them too... discard smart.

Healing / Burden Removal:
Check out not listening. self explanatory.

Twilight Control:
Safe Passage - use still far ahead to control the site path so you can use safe passage to it’s fullest.

Grand-Finale:
X nasty + (clever hobbits - Y conditions) = Smeagol’s strength +2 (if ring is worn) + XZ(Gollum cards you can spot) +3Y (and dam+Y) = fun.

The biggest smeagol you can have w/ this deck is 93 strength, dam+12... or something like that.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:59 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I liked the deck. It also fleshed out for me how good solo Smeagol can be.
I was just wondering if you could explain why you used The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles.
syndrome
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:03 pm
I need the extra vitality. Mostly to prevent death from archery wounds. Yes, sawtc lets you take these as burdens... but how can you tell if they’re going to use... say whirling strike? or red wrath?

Then... you have your burdens to worry about. If you have to throw on sawtc everytime an archer is in play, you’re genna lose some precious burden-capacity. Then, take into account that I use PATHS which adds burdens... I’d rather have the extra vit.

I might switch to the new hunters ring when it’s out though Very Happy
Last edited by syndrome on Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in totalhttp://myspace/delicatesituation
Cobra
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:59 pm
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles does have its downsides... Since wearing the Ring is a skirmish action, you’re vulnerable to Cavern Entrance, and you still have to predict when your opponent will play a card like Red Wrath.

Just wanted to raise those issues -- I do think ATAR is the best choice though. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
syndrome
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:45 pm
Nice points Cobra, but I still think ATAR > SAWTC for the red wrath deal... w/ ATAR you have a little bit more vitality to spare.

My sites (running with ninja gollum remember):
Emyn Muil (0) - mountain (works with slippery), and the ability is useful if I need gollum to be fierce (and don’t have hidden even from her out). Also works w/ safe passage (though I’d hate to walk over this site w/ smeagol Sad)

Crags of Emyn Muil (0) - Mountain, good for slowing opponent’s fellowship.

Anduin Banks (0) - river (works with both slippery and sp) good ability for going against bigger fellowships.

Slopes of Orodruin (1) - Mountain. ability is ok if you’re in a crunch...

West Gate of Moria (2) - Underground (works with slippery), good ability for your smeagol.

Mere of Dead Faces (2) - easy to understand why i like it Very Happy

Caras Galadhon (2) - for site 9 if you’re winning (use still far ahead to play)

North Undeep (3) - River, nice protection for your smeagol.

Dammed Gate-stream (3) - good site 1 or 3 card.

Cater to how you need to play, of course. If your winning, try to put 2 rivers at site 7 and 8 for your safe passage, and caras galadhon for site 9. (use still far ahead to play these...)

If you’re losing the race, play mountains/rivers with the best abilities to help your gollum.
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:34 pm
Phaz, you know who uses Red Wrath and Whirling Strike (ahem Hazael, Lil’ Boy) so use the ATAR ring against them, the against the other guys like Big Boy and "Kimmy" Wink and friends, use SAWtC. As against me, dont use any, dont even play me, it’s not worth the humiliation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:40 pm
Cool deck, but does Safe Passage help much? The only way I can see Safe Passage being useful is for a double-move, since the only other way you add twilight (besides single-moving, but Safe Passage doesn’t remove that twilight) is with a few 1-cost conditions.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickleofvalar
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:42 pm
I think that the point of the deck is to choke the twilight pool as much as possible. It certainly wouldn’t hurt to throw in Safe Passage.
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
syndrome
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:59 pm
AC: Safe Passage is a godsend!!

Against Hazael:
I moved to 8, exerted... left with enough twilight for like 1 minion+equip. I moved again, he got 6 for the region, 3 for the site, and 1 for smeagol, and i got to exert and he was left with 6 for site 9. Seeings how i had killed his minion, he wasn’t able to do much Very Happy

theOmnipotentOne wrote:
Phaz, you know who uses Red Wrath and Whirling Strike (ahem Hazael, Lil’ Boy) so use the ATAR ring against them, the against the other guys like Big Boy and "Kimmy" Wink and friends, use SAWtC. As against me, dont use any, dont even play me, it’s not worth the humiliation.
I believe we’re 50/50 as of late... no?
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:08 am
theOmnipotentOne wrote:
I believe we’re 50/50 as of late... no?[/quote]

Not since I got the new Witchkings...
I am about 10-1.
at least 3 wins against you...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard