LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
syndrome
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:17 am
I haven’t played you since you got the witchkings bud...
Last edited by syndrome on Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:38 am; edited 1 time in totalhttp://myspace/delicatesituation
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:32 am
Well, I’m still more than 50/50 against you with me Twilight Nazzies...
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:17 am
Phazanzar wrote:
AC: Safe Passage is a godsend!!

Against Hazael:
I moved to 8, exerted... left with enough twilight for like 1 minion+equip. I moved again, he got 6 for the region, 3 for the site, and 1 for smeagol, and i got to exert and he was left with 6 for site 9. Seeings how i had killed his minion, he wasn’t able to do much Very Happy

Hmm.... I may be reading your post wrong, but I think you may be misusing Safe Passage. You remove the twilight with Safe Passage before you add twilight for moving.

I don’t know if this is how you use it or not. Smile
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
syndrome
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:45 am
Yeah, it seems I was (checked the CRD for clarification) Sad

N e who:
I tried this deck paired with the ninja gollum deck, and it performed well, although the record won’t show it Sad I’ll have to get used to it I guess.

Game 1: This deck vs Lilboy, he using his elves and goblin swarms. I did good with my gollum, but at the cost of severely hindering my smeagol which he promptly mutilated. I lost at site 5 I believe.

Game 2: Me vs Hazael vs Lilboy. Never use this deck vs more than one person. Period. Well, I guess if you only play against your "assigned" target, you’ll be ok... I didn’t and ended up decking out at site 6. I was in the lead though and the gollum side was playing quite strong Very Happy

I’m considering moving the gollum side to play with my rangers... though I guess any side you pair it with will suffer... but smeagol is just way to touchy. Sad

I’ll try out more games though and maybe switch decks and try it out.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Cobra
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:18 am
Hm, that’s a good point about pairing Ninja Gollum with Solo Smeagol, I never thought of that. There’s some interesting potential there with cards like Incited, but on the other hand, if you discard your hand with They Stole It and then don’t draw FP events, you’re doomed...

Maybe try a fellowship with the opposite concept -- set up strong in the early game, and then just coast through the rest. (Gollum takes care of everything as long as your fellowship can stay alive!) Maybe Rangers with a big starting fellowship, or Noble Leaders for the card-pulling...
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Hazael
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:27 am
lol...

You forgot about game 1-1/2.
Lets just say moria + dunland = overwhelmed by site 3.

but i think that was your rangers that we did that to.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
syndrome
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:39 pm
Yea that was rangers... hence why I didn’t mention it for the solo smeagol/ninja gollum deck. Makes sense, huh?
http://myspace/delicatesituation
UlaireEnquea2
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:45 am
From my experience with Solo Smeagol:

1) Ring: Ring of Rings is actually the best, IMO. It lets you take archery from Evil Men (which will wreck you with well timed Howdah and the 3 cost guy who will shoot 2 archery at you). If you’re not in an archery meta, then ATAR is much better than the green ring. You’ll never have to worry about wrath/whirling strike (they can’t get twilight from Ambush since you don’t assign, and they shouldn’t have twilight left over for it).

2) If you want to get down to 33 or so a side, I’d recommend ditching a Not Listening; 4 just seems to clog me down. Also, consider dropping a Clever Hobbits (2 always seemed good for me, as the only place you want to play that is at site 9). If you need to stay at 35 a pop for your shadow, put in Naked Waste if you have the Bloodlines cards; an extra +6 from discard by throwing away Shadow or FP cards is always good, I heard.

3) Incited works exceptionally well with the Solo Smeagol combination. You just have to know the game in order to determine what to pull back (i.e. to pull a Nasty, or Not Listening against corruption, or pathfinding for Caras at site 9). It requires some finesse, but you sound like you can easily pull it off. Good luck Smile
michael knight
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:56 am
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
I stole your idea Cobra of using Saved from the fire to burn smeagol to get gollum set up. The starting fellowship is Gimli RB, Dain Ironfoot, Gandalf Leader of Men, and Smeagol. The fellowship is dwarves with Gandalf support and of course Gollum shadow. Since Gollum gets set up super early your fellowship really dosen’t have to last that long. And it isn’t like Dwarves die early anyway...
One Man Can Make A Difference
AdultLink
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:15 am
As far as the Red Wrath thing goes... I’ve found against the solo smeagol, since there is so little stinking twilight to use, that it is really hard to even get out a southron and use 5 twilight for a Red Wrath before region 3... and that is only if you dont’ get exausted by a smeagol wounding card. You’re never going to get any help from AMBUSH because the freeps player will never assign minions... My friend uses ATAR and I think it works best too.
Haves/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard