LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:01 pm
This is a deck that is a compiliation of cards from myself and Phazanzar (though most are mine). I played this deck against him twice (solo-smeagol/mOrcs; RBRs/Isen Regroup Orcs) and won both times.

Free Peoples:
Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation x1
The One Ring, Such A Weight to Carry; The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles
Huorn x2

Companions:
Quickbeam, Bregalad x2
Ent Avenger x3
Ent Horde x1
Host of Fangorn x1

Possession/Artifacts:
Glamdring x1
Gandalf’s Staff x1
Narya x1

Conditions:
Ent Draught x2
Salve x1
Unknown Perils x2

Events:
Have Patience x3
Fireworks x4
Under the Living Earth x3
Into Dark Tunnels x2
Long I fell x2
Roused x4
Intimidate x2

Strategy: I use SaWTC whenever I use this deck, but if Phaz ever uses it, He’ll probably use ATAR. If you have ATAR, you can use your Ent Draughts on your Ents, and use their amazing vitality to kill minions. Otherwise I give one to Gandalf and the other to a Host or Horde of Ents. Gandalf will be able to absorb a lot. Having 7-8 base vitality each game, and I have yet to have an Ent die. But they have all been exhausted. (Hence why it’s called the "Amazing Entish Pincussion" deck). I can absorb archery, directed wounds, you name it. This fellowship survives. Some cards here dont work all the time (mostly Gandalf-related ones) so I can discard them whenever I move to avoid the terrorizing burden additions. The freeps discarding penalty also helps out the Shadow side as I always am able to cycle my hand each turn. Which leads me to my Uruk-Hai Swarm Deck.

Shadow:

Minions:
Uruk Crossbowman x1
Uruk Stalker x1
Uruk Fighter x2
Orthanc Warrior x3
Uruk Savage x4
Uruk-Hai Berserker x2
Uruk Warrior x2
Uruk Captain x1
Uruk Foot Soldier x1
Uruk Regular x4
Grima, Wormtongue x2
Uruk Soldier x4
Uruk Rager x2

Possessions:
Broad-Bladed Sword x3

Events:
Abandoning Reason for Madness x3

One phrase sums up this shadow side. It has never lost. I have never lost a game with this shadow side. Not how easy it is to get all these cards? Do you have $5.95? Take out Grima. Do you have $3.95? If you take out the splashed Grima, less than 4 dollars to an undefeated deck of mine. The only person in the area that I play that can beat this deck easily is...well my own deck. Very Happy
Last edited by Guest on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pipsqueak
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:52 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Like i said, i never really liked the Gandalf RB, but it looks like you can pull it off...
I also like the Uruks. Pretty strong
Long live the southern bros. Homage
syndrome
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:24 am
We tested this against my couple decks of mine... and it won both times. I think the deck works so good not because the gandalf deck is *that great* but that the cycling allows you to set up some crazy swarms.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoa you used a Uruk savage I have never seen that before :shock:

I’m not experienced with uruks but with the ents it seems like a corruption deck could do tit in pretty easily.
but I could be wrong.
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:09 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
whoa you used a Uruk savage I have never seen that before Shocked

Eh. It’s a cheap minion. I only used a bunch of left-over uruks that I could fine. I’m sure I could find some cheaper, and better.

The META where I live is centered around Strategic Wounds, Swarming, and Beatdown. No corruption, save my Twilight Nazgul Deck.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:48 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I liked the deck.

Just curious by what site did you normally win and do you think this deck would work against Knights and also Dwarfs with Gondor men?
The Dwarfs with Gondor deck is the one posted by sickofpalantirs.
THanks
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
sickleofvalar
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:31 pm
Wow! This is a ridiculously cheap deck to create. I have almost every card in the list and I can easily purchase the rest! I didn’t ever consider using abandoning reason for madness until now; I see how valuble it can be in a swarm deck like this.
Do you think we could all please stop making posts in code? Its more efficient to just have the plain article instead of having to turn the coding into a webpage through notebook. Smile
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:20 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
sickleofvalar wrote:
Wow! This is a ridiculously cheap deck to create. I have almost every card in the list and I can easily purchase the rest! I didn’t ever consider using abandoning reason for madness until now; I see how valuble it can be in a swarm deck like this.
Do you think we could all please stop making posts in code? Its more efficient to just have the plain article instead of having to turn the coding into a webpage through notebook. Smile

Ya it is cheap.
What is the code that people post in?
I can read it if I quote it but it would be nice not to have to do that.
Is there anything I can change to make it easier to view?
Thanks
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:50 pm
bobtheorc wrote:
I liked the deck.

Thank you.
bobtheorc wrote:

Just curious by what site did you normally win and do you think this deck would work against Knights and also Dwarfs with Gondor men?

The minion side I have owned for a while and almost always either 5 (when Uruks are no longer roaming, cuz I cant really play much untill then and have held onto a couple of Regulars then) or 7-8, that always gives a good second wave. No one around here plays Knights (except me) or any good dwarves (except me).
The only possible weaknesses to this deck (Dwarves, Knights, Nazgul) I play with exclusively. Very Happy

sickleofvalar wrote:

Do you think we could all please stop making posts in code? Its more efficient to just have the plain article instead of having to turn the coding into a webpage through notebook.

Sorry, but the code is always there. Whenever you type the name of a card, the code kicks in and creates a hyperlink to the CC image and description of that card.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 am
Wow, how in the world do you keep the burdens off your Ring-bearer? He only has 5 resistance, and the only burden removal card you have is Narya. Plus, if you get a bad hand you will have to add 3 burdens, and if it happens twice you’ll be a dead man.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard