LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:16 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
On this topic post what you have gotten in booster packs, booster display boxes and Starter decks. It good that you got good cards or bad cards.
For example: One of my friends recently bought the Theoden Starter at Wal-Mart for $3. As his rares he got Legolas, Dauntless Hunter, Desert Lord, and Saruman’s Staff, Wizard’s Device worth a total of $7.
Also my brother opened a ROTK pack and got a Foil Ancient Blade,
a Sam, Resolute Halfling and a FOIL Anduril Flame of the West!!
So he got 2 foils and 2 rares.

So in conclusion just post stuff like that. Also it would be cool if people would also post the rares that they got in booster boxes to give an idea of
what is possible to get in a box.

Thanks and please post
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Pipsqueak
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:27 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
I ordered an entire Reflections booster box (24 packs), and i only got one alternate ring-bearer. Fortunately, it was Gimli. Unfortunately, i like Gondor better.
Long live the southern bros. Homage
ingold55
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:21 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i ordered reflections, and got alot of R+’s.
then i bought a RotK at Wal-Mart, and got boht andurils and noble leaders. and many other great Cards!
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:28 pm
I bought a Reflections Booster Pack.

I got, a Host of Moria and a Ring of Fury. as my Reflections cards. Also, Lurtz’s Sword, Uruk Vanguard, and like 2 other rares. all for 3 bucks!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:56 am
Probably my favorite pack story is when I bought a booster box of ROTK. I had opened 35 packs, but hadn’t gotten any Noble Leaders (the one card that I REALLY REALLY wanted). Right before I opened my last pack, I said to myself, "I hope I get Noble Leaders in this pack... in fact, I hope I get Noble Leaders Foil!". I opened the pack, and staring me in the face was a foil Noble Leaders, along with a foil common and another rare. I was so happy! Cool
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
SnowBalrog
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:08 am
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
When Shadows came out, the first thing I purchased was an Aragorn starter deck... the rares were Sting, WoH; Aragorn, Strider; and the Ring of Rings. It’s pretty rare (no pun intended) for me to get something I can actually use in starter rares!
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:54 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Probably my favorite pack story is when I bought a booster box of ROTK. I had opened 35 packs, but hadn’t gotten any Noble Leaders (the one card that I REALLY REALLY wanted). Right before I opened my last pack, I said to myself, "I hope I get Noble Leaders in this pack... in fact, I hope I get Noble Leaders Foil!". I opened the pack, and staring me in the face was a foil Noble Leaders, along with a foil common and another rare. I was so happy! 8)
\

decipher seems to mess up their packs every time you get a foil rare you get another rare
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:56 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Probably my favorite pack story is when I bought a booster box of ROTK. I had opened 35 packs, but hadn’t gotten any Noble Leaders (the one card that I REALLY REALLY wanted). Right before I opened my last pack, I said to myself, "I hope I get Noble Leaders in this pack... in fact, I hope I get Noble Leaders Foil!". I opened the pack, and staring me in the face was a foil Noble Leaders, along with a foil common and another rare. I was so happy! Cool

decipher seems to mess up their packs every time you get a foil rare you get another rare

With pre-WOTR block packs, every foil takes the place of a common. So, whenever you get a foil rare, you’ll get a normal rare too since the foil took the place of one of the commons.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:36 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Thats pretty cool AC.
Also I once bought a two towers pack for $4 and got as my rare *drum roll please* Men of Harad one of the Worst rares ever!
Then I bought a Theoden starter for that same price and got
The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles and Eowyn, Sister-Daughter of Theoden. Talk about a big difference Laughing
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
syndrome
Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:34 pm
I purchase mostly singles.
http://myspace/delicatesituation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion