LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:44 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Ring

Isildur Bearer Of Heirlooms and The One Ring SAWTC Free peoples: 37
Denethor Steward of the city (starting fellowship)
Ingold (starting fellowship)
Elendil High-King of Gondor
Imrahil prince of Dol Amroth
Garrison of Gondor
Aragorn Captain of Gondor
Boromir Hero of Osgiliath
Faramir Defender of Osgiliath

3 Knight’s Spear
2 Gondorian Blade
4 Knights Mount
1 Aragorn’s Bow
1 Ranger’s sword blade of Aragorn
3 Gondor Bow
1 Faramir’s bow
1 Gondor Still Stands
1 Stewards Legacy
1 Strong and Old
2 City Wall
2 Fourth Level
3 Citadel of the Stars
2 Banners Blowing
2 War Must Be
2 Men of Numenor
1 Great Gate
Shadow: 37
3 Castamir of Umbar
4 Corsair Marauder
3 Corsair Gunners
2 Corsair Brute
3 Corsair Boatswain
2 Corsair Ruffian
2 Black Numenorean
1 Haradrim Marksman
1 Desert Villain
1 Troop Of Haradrim
1 Ships of Great Draught
2 Corsair War Galley
2 Black Sails of Umbar
1 Corsair Ballista
3 Raider Halberd
1 Field of the Fallen
2 On the March
3 War Towers,1 Red Wrath
1 Stampeded

At first Glance this looks like a basic knight deck but if you look again there are a few differences: first the Lack of Alcarin and Turgon I found that without the fifth levels necessary for Alcarin’s and Turgon’s ability to work and with first levels being pathetic overall that it was better to start Denethor, Steward of the City to remove twilight and Knight of Dol Amroth then Alcarin and Turgon.
Second, all the possessions.I have found in my area the only deck with good possession removal is (drum roll please) THIS ONE (it’s the only corsair) so with all the possesions my companions can reach huge strengths and beat the relatively simple Uruk-hai(also big in my area) strategy(winning skirmishes a lot thereby killing by attrition) quite easily. Any minion they can’t beat with simple strength . . . well that is what the archery and fortifications are for( the fortifications can also be used to kill a minion Isildur is skirmishing. Gondor Bow is super on Elendil not only Making him strength + 1 but with the ability he can kill most minions he can’t beat strength wise easily. Gondor Still Stands takes out the trash for a double move while Boromir and Houses of Healing supplies healing. Stewards Legacy if I use a fortifications exerting ability or a Gondor Bow can be triggered quite often.
Now for the minion side. Not much deviation from you classic corsair minus more ships of Great Draught and raider halberd (I’ve found I don’t need them as much as a Black Sails of Umbar and can exert my Castamirs just fine without Raider Halberd )
Advice would be nice,
Sickofpalantirs
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:32 am; edited 2 times in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fingolfin
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:55 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Slightly different, in my opinion makes this deck less effective. But unique
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
fingolfin wrote:
Slightly different, in my opinion makes this deck less effective. But unique

why do you think it si less effective?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:37 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I have played this deck and can vouch that it is good.
I think it that its main weakness is Denethor, Steward of the City.
If you can add threats that could be devetasting.
Anyway i know sickofpalatirs wants feedback so please post people.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:31 pm
I don’t have much time, but my advice is this: slim down your deck. Over 40 cards is very large for a deck that doesn’t draw any cards outside of the regroup phase.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
joseph_c_chua
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:29 pm
No sixth levels?
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:19 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
joseph_c_chua wrote:
No sixth levels?

I don’t know why although he does seem to have enough fortifications.
Also I am not an expert on the Raider culture but it would be nice if someone would comment on his minion side.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
AdultLink
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:47 pm
I agree, Denethor’s a big risk, and he’s not even a Knight to boot. My starting Fellowship would be Alcarin with Ingold. Stick in the Sixth Level and use them during regroup with Ingold. He can then heal himself twice the next turn with one of those fort’s that you just played. And with a base strength of 8 Alcarin’s just as good as Denethor. He trades healing for twilight removal, and without many other cards to heal, that can be important.

Shadow side my advice is: Slim down (freeps too), and I don’t see the reason for the Mumak Commander with the War Mumak, as great as he is... Take out a lot of the non-corsair cards, and you don’t need Stampeded with Marauder... it just isn’t worth it. I recommend getting out the Halberds and putting in a couple more Corsair Ballistas. The extra archery wound is great with initiative... which is pretty easy with the War Galley. You might even consider putting in another Red Wrath or Fierce in Despair. Hmmm. I can’t write anything more now, but those are my initial suggestions.
Haves/Wants
hblika
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Your poll should have asked "How strong can Elendil get when you don’t draw him until site 8?". You realy need to add multiple copies of your main companions. And as pointed out in previous posts, with a deck as large as yours, you can’t rely on getting your key cards when you need them.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:00 am
joseph_c_chua wrote:
No sixth levels?

i find I always have enough fortifications
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard