LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:02 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
any ideas what I should cut freeps wise?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:10 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AdultLink wrote:
I agree, Denethor’s a big risk, and he’s not even a Knight to boot. My starting Fellowship would be Alcarin with Ingold. Stick in the Sixth Level and use them during regroup with Ingold. He can then heal himself twice the next turn with one of those fort’s that you just played. And with a base strength of 8 Alcarin’s just as good as Denethor. He trades healing for twilight removal, and without many other cards to heal, that can be important.

Shadow side my advice is: Slim down (freeps too), and I don’t see the reason for the Mumak Commander with the War Mumak, as great as he is... Take out a lot of the non-corsair cards, and you don’t need Stampeded with Marauder... it just isn’t worth it. I recommend getting out the Halberds and putting in a couple more Corsair Ballistas. The extra archery wound is great with initiative... which is pretty easy with the War Galley. You might even consider putting in another Red Wrath or Fierce in Despair. Hmmm. I can’t write anything more now, but those are my initial suggestions.

First of all thanks for all the advice I don’t have alcarin nor do I know anyone who does I think i will cut mumak commander should I replace knight fo Dol Amroth wiht Ingold? I like stampeded though because if playing a [Rohan] or [Gondor] deck it can kill a companion in one fell stroke I will consider the corsair ballista but isn’t everybody always saying to put Raider Halberd on castamir and stuff?
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:57 am; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
hblika
Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:37 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
should I replace knight fo Dol Amroth wiht Ingold?

Yeah, you should definately do that. But for that change to have an effect, you should realla have 2-3 Sixth Levels in there as well.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Beyo
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:28 am
Yes..Denethor is great risk but I also play knights with the same starting fellowship and it works fine..key strategy is to increase number of companions as soon as possible and then let Denethor die.
Time in the universe may be eternal..our patience is not
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:02 am
hblika wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
should I replace knight fo Dol Amroth wiht Ingold?

Yeah, you should definately do that. But for that change to have an effect, you should realla have 2-3 Sixth Levels in there as well.

WHY? The deck is not supposed to depend on fortifications.
"DáinIronfoot"
AdultLink
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:09 am
I thought that was the main strength of the deck? Was i mistaken? All you have otherwise are some pumps and posessions. See, Sixth Level is magnificent with Ingold (which I said earlier) and it is also good if your opponent has some pesky condition removal. You don’t even need to play them all at once if you are worried about twilight. You could play one and discard the others, and then in regroup use a man (preferably Ingold) to exert to play the one from discard pile, etc. Also, if you use up your citadel of the stars and kill a minion with it, you will want to be able to replay it if you move on again. Otherwise you have to save one of the ones in hand and wait until the next turn.
Haves/Wants
ingold55
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:55 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Hblika’s ingold and alcaran stratagy is extreemly good, and i also agree that you need more copies of main companions.

since you have all four noble leaders out, why don’t you add noble leaders?
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:23 am
AdultLink wrote:
I thought that was the main strength of the deck? Was i mistaken? All you have otherwise are some pumps and posessions. See, Sixth Level is magnificent with Ingold (which I said earlier) and it is also good if your opponent has some pesky condition removal. You don’t even need to play them all at once if you are worried about twilight. You could play one and discard the others, and then in regroup use a man (preferably Ingold) to exert to play the one from discard pile, etc. Also, if you use up your citadel of the stars and kill a minion with it, you will want to be able to replay it if you move on again. Otherwise you have to save one of the ones in hand and wait until the next turn.

I put Ingold in and I will try to get a sixth level
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard