LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
sickleofvalar
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:23 pm
Hey, it’s Sickleofvalar with another crazy deck idea. I’m taking an idea that’s already been posted on here and modifying it (sorry dude, whoever you are...) Here it is:

*-starting fellowship

Ringbearer: Frodo, Protected by Many
Ring: The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles

Free Peoples
Companions
Eomer, Third Marshal of the Riddermark*
Elite Rider*
Elite Rider x3
Hrethel, Rider of Rohan
Theoden, Tall and Proud

Conditions
Armory x3

Possessions
Riddermark Javelin x4
Rohirrim Javelin x4
Rohirrim Bow x4
Brego
Rider’s Mount x3
Rohirrim Mount x4
Armor x4

Shadow
Minions
Orc Chieftain x4
Mordor Brute x4
Mordor Fiend x4
Advance Marauder
Orc Swordsman x3
Advance Regular x3

Conditions
Orc Bowmen x4

Possessions
Orc Scimitar x4
Vile Blade x4
Banner of the Eye x3

Strategies
Free Peoples
It doesn’t really matter who you get out in your fellowship, just get someone out there! This is Rohirrim archery and as most people know, to add to the archery total you must discard your ranged weapon. In order to get these ranged weapons back into hand, you must play Armory. Armory does have its drawbacks though. Armory has to be discarded when you use its text and is unfortunately a unique card. For this reason, I have placed in this deck twelve ranged weapons to keep the archery going. Eomer, Elite Rider and Hrethel get strength bonuses from skirmishing wounded minions.
Giving your companions mounts is a must if you want to get the maximum benefits from this deck.

Shadow
This is just your average beatdown deck. Mordor Fiend is going to be very helpful (despite the fact its on the x-list...) because your minions are roaming almost the entire game. He throws a monkey wrench into twilight choke decks by adding twilight when only he’s out. Orc Chieftan also helps add some extra twilight when you play weapons. Mordor Brute blocks archery when you have possessions in play, Orc Swordsman gets serious strength boosts when paired with an Orc Scimitar, and Advance Regular makes all of these wonderful guys fierce!

Give me your thoughts!
Last edited by sickleofvalar on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:13 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
well why don’t you use sword rack?
I’m not very experienced with mordor orcs so nothing there.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sickleofvalar
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:33 am
Yeah, I considered that after posting the deck, it completely slipped my mind. Very Happy Thanks.
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
sickleofvalar
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:05 pm
Is there anything else that anybody would change? What is somebody’s overall opinion of this deck?
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:18 pm
I don’t think your Free Peoples side is strong enough. The highest strength that your companions can reach is 8 (although a bit more with TMoR and the Elite Rider’s text). Any deck that has any protection against archery will rip this deck apart - in fact, even decks without archery protection will work fairly well, since their aren’t many cards included that add to the archery total.

There are a couple cool Rohan archery decks in the deck bible. I suggest trying them out. Cool
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
SnowBalrog
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:19 pm
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
You’d probably want Merry and his sword to help out, and with all the wounds and exertions and stuff, Eowyn LoI would be a welcome addition. Symbelmyne would be very helpful too. Honestly, I don’t think the bow is worth it, and I’ve never seen it played in a Rohan archery deck. And Definately add Sword Rack. Hope it helps!
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open