LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
AdultLink
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:02 pm
Man, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m really biting my fingers about Decipher right now. It seems like if they don’t get Hunters out soon and start working on the next set things aren’t going to be pretty, and I sure as heck would be p o’ed if they went out of business or something. According to their previous ’schedule’ (which is on the ATAR promo card, heh) the next set AFTER hunters The Rise of Saruman is supposed to be out by now! Yikes!
Haves/Wants
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:26 pm
Brad DeFruiter told everyone a day or two ago that Hunters is right around the corner. So, I’d say that in a month or two it’ll be out.

But man, they are way behind schedule...
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Cobra
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:10 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Brad DeFruiter told everyone a day or two ago that Hunters is right around the corner. So, I’d say that in a month or two it’ll be out.

Laughing

Decipher has definitely had some problems... As I understand it, they had a lot invested in some new games (WARS TCG for example) that never took off, so they were forced to shrink the company quite a bit in terms of both people and products. Now they’re basically just focusing on their two best-sellers, Star Trek 2E and *three cheers!* The Lord of the Rings TCG.

In short, they’ve had some bad times to recover from, but I do think they’re recovering. As Brad says, they do expect to to have Hunters printed, packed and shipped soon, and they are already well into development on the following set.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:44 pm
Cobra wrote:

In short, they’ve had some bad times to recover from, but I do think they’re recovering.

I believe that about a year ago, they were saying on the FanHQ forums that Decipher had millions of dollars stolen from them...and that hindered a lot of production.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:39 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hopefully they can get rolling. I’m planning to update my collection with a fresh batch of Hunters cards once it comes out...I was thinking like a starter set and a draft pack plus a couple boosters...
I’m waaaay outdated, except for a bunch of gondor/southron cards I got from eBay lots.
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:16 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Hopefully they can get rolling. I’m planning to update my collection with a fresh batch of Hunters cards once it comes out...I was thinking like a starter set and a draft pack plus a couple boosters...
I’m waaaay outdated, except for a bunch of gondor/southron cards I got from eBay lots.

What is this about Hunters draft packs?
Also I do hope that Decipher can get Hunters off the ground.
I heard that the cards were printed but not packaged yet. That could have been wrong though. Anyway any more info would be nice.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:31 pm
I’m just assuming they’ll release a draft pack. They should, since it’s a new block, right?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:54 pm
They haven’t released draft packs for Return of the King or Shadows, so I don’t think they’ll release one for Hunters. Sad
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:11 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
They haven’t released draft packs for Return of the King or Shadows, so I don’t think they’ll release one for Hunters. Sad

Sad How am I supposed to get all of the cards I really need? Sad
Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:14 pm
Thats what CC is for. Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion