LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
ingold55
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:56 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i added the shadow side just so you know.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
joseph_c_chua
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:12 pm
Just some comments:
For the shadow-
- you have 5 Balrogs, which is against the rule, so take one out
- add Relics of Moria (R-listed) so you can replay the Balrog’s toys
- add Foul Things so you can replay the Balrog
- add the Whip of Many Thongs, Weapon of Flame and Shadow; it makes a good combination with The Balrog, Terror of Flame and Shadow
- I don’t think your shadow can add burdens well enough, so take out Must Do Without Hope, Goblin Spear, and Goblin Spearman (I doubt if he will win most of his skirmishes)
- add some Goblin Armory and more Goblin Scavengers for twilight generation

For the FP-
- the ringbearer does not add to the deck count, so that means you only have 40 cards in your draw deck
- Frodo seems too vulnerable, especially with only 2 other companions. What about adding G for Grand (just a suggestion)?
- Brand doesn’t seem to do much for the deck, since the only Gandalf men you have are allies, and they can’t fight much. A good replacement for Brand would be Dasron, Merchant from Dorwinion (so that you can further recycle your events) with some token-containing Gandalf conditions and Alatar

I hope I helped!
ingold55
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:04 pm
thanks for the ideas. i will check into relics of moria.
sorry about the balrog thing. Laughing
goblin spearman is in there for a archery fire draw to keep it away from your balrog.

i like all your ideas for my bad guys. thanks! Very Happy

i will look into G for Grand. i don’t like the companion switch out thing with brand. i use him to get rid of swarm decks.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

BearerOfWisdom
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:13 pm
If you really want to have fun I can tell you of a repeating Balrog deck where all you need is seven twilight. You can also play Watcher in The Water (this stuns players). Quite fun. As far as your fellowship, it is far to vulnerable. I know you have some swarm protection but with the reduced cost minions out there you need to have better Ring protection.
I tend to use Gandalf alot. There isn't any other character in the game as useful or powerful. I also focus on decks that work together free people and minion.
ingold55
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:22 pm
i am really wanting to know about this balrog stratagy befor i order cards. so please post your deck! Smile

BearerOfWisdom
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:52 pm
I put a posting for the Repeat Balrog deck. I don’t have the listing specific to card numbers and sets but can post that if need be. I did put the titles of the cards necessary but it is a base strategy that I posted not an actual deck list. The rest of the deck is ’use your imagination’ so it is more fun to build that way. I gave some suggestions though. Have fun with it!! Later
I tend to use Gandalf alot. There isn't any other character in the game as useful or powerful. I also focus on decks that work together free people and minion.
BearerOfWisdom
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:54 pm
Hey I posted it on the contest forum.. check it out, It is titled Repeating Balrog.
ingold55
Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:01 pm
will do! Very Happy

bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:47 pm
theOmnipotentOne wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
To avoid the Balrog, you’d play a replacement site that didn’t let your opponent play the Balrog at reduced cost. You can never "skip" a site.
There is only 1 site five. If I know what I’m talking about.

Yes, there is only one site 5 in fellowship block, but this deck can’t be played on fellowship block sites.
ingold55
Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:50 pm
why not?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded