LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Which LOTR TCG tournament format is the best?

Standard  
21%
  [ 13 ]  21%

Expanded  
36%
  [ 22 ]  36%

Open  
33%
  [ 20 ]  33%

Block  
8%
  [ 5 ]  8%

Total Votes : 60
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:20 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
horrible, just horrible. all my precious possessions....

i love stampeded with all my heart
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
SnowBalrog
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:22 pm
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Just a little nit-picking, but The Shire Countryside is a Shire condition, not a site. Thanks for putting this list up! It’s a real help. And Expanded rocks.. my Nazgul deck is just that much deadlier. Twisted Evil
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:32 pm
Nice catch, SB. It now says Shire, instead of Site.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
SnowBalrog wrote:
Just a little nit-picking, but The Shire Countryside is a Shire condition, not a site. Thanks for putting this list up! It’s a real help. And Expanded rocks.. my Nazgul deck is just that much deadlier. Twisted Evil

I juts liek open why was shire countryside x listed? that doesn’t make sense.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:17 pm
Because it was broken when combined with the Erland, Dale Councilor and A Light in His Mind.
All cards do what they say.
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:11 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Why does Erland, Dale Counselorhelp?
After all both the Shire cards are conditions.
I am assuming there is some awesome Gandalf event that helps somehow.
I see that you could both remove a burden and heal which is pretty good but not great.
a Gp to whoever explains it.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:17 pm
When you have 3 cards in your hand, exert Erland to grab an event like Servant of the Secret Fire. Use SotSF to make a minion strength -3, and then you can remove a burden with A Light in His Mind, which then heals 4 companions with The Shire Countryside x4. Make sure you heal Erland. Then, exert Erland again to grab SotSF, and repeat the cycle.

The end result is that all your companions are healed, and every minion is strength 0.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:17 pm
Erland helps only when used with A Light in his mind. You can exert him to take back a Gandalf Skirmish event (usually Servant of the Secret fire before rotation) and continuously gain and lose initiative. Since A Light in His Mind is not a hobbit, it triggers each time you lose initiative. In this way you can lose initiative multiple times a turn (especially if you are playing with Gandalf, Manager of Wizards and play your cards right) remove all burdens and heal all your companions and overwhelm every minion once you get the loop set up.

The Shire Countryside was the key card in the deck that allowed Erland to be healed.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:24 pm
And you would also use The One Ring, Answer to All Riddles to ensure that you have a burden each time you lose initiative.
All cards do what they say.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:27 pm
I see. whoah that could be good

you would have to get down to 4 cars though
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions