LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AdultLink
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:33 pm
Don’t know if it’s important to your strategy, but some copies of the card Hard Choice would beef up the healing strategy.
Haves/Wants
Hazael
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:46 pm
I thought about hard choice.. but I decided that the healing would be nice if I could control it more with a possesion (which can be played whenever)

As for the Gandalf possesions, I’m interested if it helps the strategy.
I need to keep the number of cards down to like 34-36.
Any ideas off the top of your head?
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
syndrome
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:48 am
Extended is the only way to play. There’s no way I’m not using great cards... like the entire Moria sets...

Hazael: Add a strategem section explaining what the strat is... I’m not piecing it together, too tired........
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Hazael
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:30 am
Yeah, I tryed my best to turn my fantasy open format strategy into an extended format deck.

The shadow for this deck is a challenge for me to create. It will have an extremely high ratio of shadow cards in my deck after site 3. The only shadow deck I have to go with this is my controlled archery/enduring southrons. The minion to event/possesion ratio in that deck will have to be like 2:3 to handle the handle cloggedge.

All I know is...
Whatever minion deck I put in is going to be one bad-@$$ deck.
Up All Night Productions
joseph_c_chua
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:53 am
Sorry to bring bad news, but Thror’s Map has already suffered from an errata, and its text now reads:
Fellowship or Regroup: Exert 2 Hobbits and discard Thror’s Map to play the fellowship’s next site (replacing opponent’s site if necessary).

I’ve highlighted the portions that were added/changed.

A good replacement for Thror’s Map would be Smeagol and Follow Smeagol or One Good Turn Deserves Another. Play Dammed Gate Stream as your first site, and then use it to get Follow Smeagol or One Good Turn Deserves Another from your draw deck. Also, Smeagol would be a good addition for a choke deck since he has lots of cards that reduce twilight.
Hazael
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:41 pm
Speak to the hand Whoever made that rule I just want to.... Think
BEAT HIM ON THE HEAD WITH A RUBBER MALLET TIL HE PASSES OUT!!!

sigh*
I’ll think about it over the weekend and post the new deck design on Sunday. Some of my friends and I are getting lost for the weekend to survive in the woods. (no tents allowed) Anxious

As for smeagle... I might think about it, but I see some hobbit cards that may help too.
Up All Night Productions
syndrome
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:09 pm
Habits of Home only removes what you’ve spent already (not what you’ll add for moving) ... so we still get the 6+2+site for moving (at sites 7-9) and even with pony and no stranger it’s still 6+2 (they minus from site number, not region twilight). All in all I think adding Habits (at a cost of 4 per) is a total waste... as you’ll have 3 left in the pool (just for them) + w/e else you used that turn. :/

So yea, smeagol’s better at choking Razz. Safe passage costs (0) (replaces x4 habits) and you can minipulate site with still far ahead if ya need to make the next site a forest to use it. Plus it’s only 6+1+site (usually 0-1).

Oh, and I’ call knights (for my new fellowship) Very Happy so don’t even go there.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
ingold55
Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:26 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
like the way you made the first part hezeal. it really gives a good overview of the deck. Smile
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:09 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
[quote="Hazael"] Speak to the hand Whoever made that rule I just want to.... Think
BEAT HIM ON THE HEAD WITH A RUBBER MALLET TIL HE PASSES OUT!!![quote]

i have that urge sometime liked the deck.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Hazael
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:24 am
OK OK
Maybe now it is extended legal Shame on you
I put in that Sam because I need to keep my burdens down lol.
And Smeagol because he has some sweet conditions and events.
come away goes great with aragorn, king in exile.

Phazanzar,
I knew that about Habits of Home, and safe passage does the same thing.

joseph_c_chua,
Thank you!

Thanks for the help guys, and thanks for the great compliments.

:::I just realized that that sam is x-listed lol:::
Last edited by Hazael on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded