LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:55 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
he was playing someone with a talent for not beeing seen which is on the standard and expanded x list.

put 2 and 2 together and you get 4.(unless he was playing some other format)

Oh, I see. You were just confusing me by lumping the Open comment onto the same paragraph that discussed his second game (which gave no indication of an Open format deck Wink).

Anyways...

AC vs. AC’s Little Bro

I was using my Hobbits + Gandalf / Gollum + Nazgul + Sauron Corruption & Beatdown (see my article in my sig). He was using Rohan Archery / Southron Threats.

My Shadow got off to a great start - he bid 1, was forced to add 1 with Pelennor Flat, and then Stinker won his skirmish against an unprepared fellowship, and then I used Heavy Burden to add a 4th burden. 4 burdens at site 2! Very Happy

My Freeps burned Smeagol to set up my Shadow, but at the expense of the Freeps. I was getting beat up, but I managed to hold on long enough.

At site 5, I had used some cool combos to get 8 burdens, and with several copies of Led Astray I was able to play Gollum, Skulker, Sauron, The Lord of the Rings, and Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul. Enquea spotted 5 burdens to kill Eowyn and Eomer (triggering lots of threats), and then Sauron cleaned up the rest. End of game! Mr. Green
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:10 pm
Elvents + Enduring Nazzie Corruption vs. Noble Leaders + Orc beatdown.

I got four burdens with keening wail, courtyard parapet, and a few other cards. Then, in one site, I added 10 burdens! Enquea, TotO with BNaP, three Sense of Obligation, and Ulaire Toldea, Messenger of Morgul. I use Keening wail, one burden, enquea is now three burdens, sense is another three, and fierce, toldea and sense add three more.

Game over. Very Happy
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:13 pm
Opponent: Maxidoodle-Ninja Gollum/Gandalf Followers.

My deck of choice: Elvents/Bill Ferny.

Long story short, Ferny gets the job done. Cool
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:40 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
PorterTroll wrote:
Opponent: Maxidoodle-Ninja Gollum/Gandalf Followers.

My deck of choice: Elvents/Bill Ferny.

Long story short, Ferny gets the job done. Cool

Very Happy
I should make a Ferny deck.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:30 pm
It’s so much fun watching you opponents face after they’ve spent nearly 40 twilight makin’ an unbeatable ent fellowship, then just using 6 twilight to play ferny, a pavise, a poleaxe, and a few events to kill their weakest link. Frodo. Very Happy Insta-win. Very Happy
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:58 pm
I played against myself, testing my Noble Leaders / Morcs against my 3 Hunters / Moria. The Morcs beat up the hunters early, and by site 5 I pulled off a 10 minions swarm of Nazgul and Wraith Orcs. Frodo couldn’t handle them! Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheShyzle
Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:45 pm
I wish my little bro would play LOTR. Crying or Very sad
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
ingold55
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:16 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i used my super gandalf / crude form of my balrog corruption. against a rainbow fellowship /rainbow minion. and my brothers elves / uruks. i made it but only by a little bit. took a bit of stratagizing, but i made it. my Gandalf deck is undergoing modifications. Laughing
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:49 pm
My Gondor Wraiths/Roaming Sauron Uruks vs his multicultural archery/sauron discarding

I was using that one frodo that doesn’t let your opponent discard cards from your hand or draw deck, so i was pretty much free to run the entire way. I pulled off a decent swarm of my roaming comrades at site 5, followed by a more devestating one at sites 6 and 7. Site 7 was when i finally got a chance to use all the tokens on rank and file Twisted Evil . all i needed was one uruk on frodo and it was game over. Very Happy
Hazael
Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:39 am
Aww I just had an awesome game! Hazael vs. Smallman

Hazael with Eowyn Wound Fellowship & a new Strategic Wound Archery

Smallman with Rainbow Archery Fellowship & Uruk-hai anti-Eowyn Wound

His Uruk-hai had my Eowyn completely usless and eventually killed around site 6 or so. I was at a crawl the entire game just barely holding on.

My Southron/Gollum Strategic Wound found itself with a horrible setup but a great start. Unfortunately my most valuable card didn’t show up till site 4-5 when my hard earned wounds were already healed. Eventually it came through and showed it’s potential.

He had to double move to site 9 with 2 threats, 13 wounds, and no minions.
He had many healing abilities, but my shadow prevented him from using them.
Site 9 I gave him 3 threats and 4 archery wounds.
I killed him with 1 threat to spare.

This new shadow will be in an article next month for sure.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion