LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
michael knight
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:25 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Fellowship

Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry

Elladan, Son of Elrond
Elrohir, Son of Elrond
Smeagol, Poor Creature

2 Celeborn, The Wise
2 Galadriel, Sorceress of the Hidden Land
2 Legolas, Companion of the Ring
2 Arwen, Staunch Defender
2 Radagast, THe Brown

3 Kindreds Estranged
4 Still Needed
3 Wells of Deep Memory
2 Glimpse of Fate
2 Ancient Blade
3 Seclusion
2 Hope Comes
2 Long Knives of Legolas
1 Follow Smeagol

Shadow

4 Moving this way
2 A Shadow Rises
2 Nertea, Thrall of the One
2 Otsea, Thrall of the One
2 Lemenya, Servant of the Shadow
4 Lost in the Woods
2 Enquea, 6th of the 9
1 Cantea, Black Assassin
3 Nelya, 3 of 9
1 Flung into the Fray
3 Black Rider
2 Toldea, 8 of 9
1 Cantea, 4 of 9
2 Attea, Black Predator
4 Unending Life

Sites
Buckland Homestead (0)
The Angle (0)
Woody End (0)
Hill of Sight (1)
Caras Galadhon (2)
Hobbiton Market (2)
Trollshaw Forest (3)
Dammed Gate Stream (3)
Old Forest Road (3)

Strategy

Fellowship

Use Gate stream to pull Follow smeagol out ASAP, and then drop forests as much as possible. Use the twins with still needed and glimpse of fate overwhelm minions with lots of vitality, and runs with radagast as much as you can. Use Galadriel to heal up in between sanctuaries, and redraw your still needed every turn with Wells of deep memory, hope comes, and ancient blade. Celeborn lets you get back kindreds estranged, and you can play it from the discard pile if needed. Seclusion kills conditions, and Celeborn can get it back as well. Arwen gets tough with several forests in play, and legolas likes them also. With his long knives, he is a nice addition. The idea is to set up so you always have 4 still needed in hand. With all the drawing, you should not get clogged too much. I chose the grass ring because I want the strength bonus to protect frodo. I don’t need the resistance from ring of rings with 12 to start with. ATAR may be the better choice, but I have not testing it enough to make that call. Glimpse of fate can help frodo out as well, and it is really all I have for him.

Shadow

I call this fake forest Nazgul. No dark approach, no toil WK. (basically because I don’t feel like trading/buying more of them...) Just a bunch of Nazgul with Moving this way and Lost in the woods. The deck has some teeth, but not not many. Bring your poker face when you play this shadow. If people think you have REAL forest Nazgul you should be able to slow them a bit even if you can’t swarm them at all!! A good player won’t get suckered, so be careful.
Play is simple drop as many nazgul as you can, and keep cycling with Moving this way. You want to draw all you fellowship quickly, so you can start recuring your elven events. A shadow rises ensures at least one Nazgul a turn, and Lemenya helps to cycle and kill opponenets conditions. Not great, but hopefully solid enough to set up the fellowship.
One Man Can Make A Difference
sylfam
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:35 pm
wellllll pretty good i guess
bibfortuna25
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:44 pm
Might I suggest using Frodo, Protected by Many as your RB instead? That way he can use his muster to draw a Still Needed back into your hand if you’re double moving.
All cards do what they say.
michael knight
Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:55 am
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
you might suggest that. and I might say that it is a great idea. I was thinking the extra resistance might offset having to guess wrong with the grass ring a couple times, but I think the muster could be very helpful. Good call bib.
One Man Can Make A Difference

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard