LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

60%
  [ 3 ]  60%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

40%
  [ 2 ]  40%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:50 pm
See the thing you’re missing is if I switch out llanowars for elves and bops for sprawls, I’m setting myself up to take absurd amounts of damage. Without being able to clock when I have to (sprawl) and using the DS ability even two or threee times will hurt with the neccessary mana base of duals. Plus, if I name black as my sprawl color on turn three, play elves of DS as well, from where am I getting the double red?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:24 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I never said to take out the Birds! They SHOULD stay, of course! THEY are what’s gonna supply Elves of Deep Shadow most of the time, WHILE making sure you have triple black by turn three AND double red by turn four(see, I know they’re hurtful, but they’re your only hope of playing Gravepact followed by Rakdos).
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:10 pm
Also, if Goryo’s Vengeance is in and mana speed is not quite exactly a problem, Loaming Shaman can save you some lands, at a smaller cost, while giving you some beef. Also, you COULD add the mana to cast it BEFORE attacking with rakdos, thus having a blocker, and having already recicled you mana. If you DON’T play a land before attacking, or at least save a black one, then you’re good to go with a lot of mana to come, and Goryo’s Vengeance will be ready to rumble anytime you need it to.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:04 am
Um.. loaming shaman is a bad card. Seriously, you don’t want to topdeck land almost ever- thats what makes fetchlands and landsearch so strong- you get land out of your deck. you don’t want land in your deck after the first few turns unless you absolutely need it. I could definately see vengeance as a good tool against putrefy decks, but loaming shaman... no.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:59 am
Yes, I also think Life from the Loam and Summer Bloom is a way better way of doing the same thing (which is: not running out of mana), I just sggested it in case an opponent destroy some of your key lands (you don’t exactly have to put them all back in your deck), but Loaming Shaman would be great in the Surging Earth deck, though. And how did it come with the Elves of Deep Shadow in place of Llanowars? Any good? I’m interested in knowing if gravepact was made playable, this would most definitely make the deck Tournament Material, even if it’s just for smaller ones, which I believe would be a great achievement.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:16 pm
Summer bloom, no way; it’s way too reliant on having the actual lands in your hand, meaning you need life from the loam. Having a two card combo means I need a lot of extra room in the deck... a lot of room I don’t have.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:48 pm
You’re right about the deck space... But i still INSIST on the Deep Shadows, I’m pretty sure they WILL make it possible to Gravepact on turn 3, and then "Rakdos" on turn 4. Oh, and if you don’t mind, since I’m a little budget-low right now, and regionals are on their way, I was wondering if I could copy this deck, I’ll try to cut it and make it to the nationals, even if barely, which would buy me some time to acquire my needed cards to build Milling Deep, or 3rd Degree Burn.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:00 pm
Um... no problem at all. If you need help with more development, I can, or I can help come up with a budget deck based on what you have. If you give me a list of tier one cards you have and a goal or two, I’ll see what I can do.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:26 pm
Thanks a lot, Grail! I’ll hold on to doing that for now, as a frined of mine is coming visit me from California, and he’s gonna bring me a couple of sealed booster boxes, but since he’s arriving on June 20th and the Regionals are on June 24th, I decided that it’s best to skip this one, or I’d have to compromise my budget a lot on short notice (about U$ 200,00 to U$ 300,00, at least, for building my 3rd Degree Burn).
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:17 pm
If he’s coming the 20th, here’s what you want to do. Have booster cracking party. I’ll be out of school by then, and summer will be pretty fresh- so I’ll have time to help you.

Just give me a list of the rares you have and I’ll see what I can do. It’ll be fun!

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest