LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

30%
  [ 3 ]  30%

30%
  [ 3 ]  30%

40%
  [ 4 ]  40%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
fingolfin
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:37 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
--- description ---
Hobbits were a pretty mediocre culture compared to others... until The Hunters!
--- end description ---

Hunters Hobbits with their Fabulous Followers

Throughout the entire 14 sets that have come out, they have made hobbits a pretty Mediocre compared to The Men, Elves, Dwarfs, and Trees. With weak Strength, bad pumps, until Hunters.

In Hunters they introduced the new line-up of the four hobbits plus cards like Little Golden Flower and the new, more effective followers.

I will give some examples.

Little Golden Flower
I would say that besides Hobbit sword this is one of the best Hobbit cards to ever come out. Because with a follower, a weapon, and unwounded (easy to come by with Hobbits) the hobbit would be pretty much a formidable foe. The extra vitality is also good with everyone knows.

Frodo, weary from the journey
This Frodo, with Little Golden Flower, unwounded, hobbit sword, skirmishing a strength 8 minion he would be strength 8, not including everyone
Knows. But it puts you hard-pressed to find another ring-bearer

Community living
It makes it easy to the good followers out of your deck which is useful for getting those life-saving followers out of the clog.

Hobbiton farmer, lover of pipeweed
As with the other hunters Shire follower he adds strength and on top of that resistance. For hobbits the toughest challenge was always getting overwhelmed, and worse than that two of them getting overwhelmed by a Fierce minion.

Hobbiton brewer maker of fine ales
Non-weapon +2 pumps are always good. This follower also is good to play on 1 vitality companions who are about to take a wound a DIE, and you would not want that to happen, would you?

Merry the tall one
When I have played with hobbits before. The biggest problem was being overwhelmed. But with the new Merry, as a last ditch effort you can exert the ring-bearer. Which is a lot better than dieing?

Pippin the short one
Not that good against non-hunters decks. But when they get more popular it will be a definite must.

No visitors
As with the hunters cards very useful in sticky situations. Because with Daddy Twofoot Next Door Neighbor you would be able to play it again and again.

Relaxation
Good card, especially with those Wraith cards that can add 3 burdens and to just keep to the aid burdens by the followers.

Sam, innocent traveller
The terrible thing about the Sam is 1 he is ring-bound and illegible for the Everyone knows bonuses, 2 he cannot start out as the ring-bearer 3 his special abilities are not that special for Shire. But Decipher is reviving the “Trilogy Sam” and is good to boost up other Hobbits for the every one knows bonuses.

Second Breakfast
I think that it is rivaling Power according to his stature but it is useful for the situations against a swarm deck with low vitality minions.

With these together this would be about what the deck would look like
Cards 34
Hunters Hobbits and Faith on Followers
Ring-Bearer: Sam Bearer of Great Need
Starting Fellowship:
Merry, the Tall One
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Frodo, Weary From the Journey
Rosie Cotton, Barmaid

Companions
Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish

Followers
Daddy Twofoot Next Door Neighbor
Hobbiton Brewer Maker of fine ales
Hobbiton Farmer Lover of Pipeweed

Possessions
Hobbit Sword x4
Sting Bane of the Eight Legs x1

Conditions
EveryOne Knows x4
Escape x2
Little Golden Flower x2

Events
So Fair So Desperate x4
Community living x3
No Visitors x4
Sorry About EveryThing x3
Power According to his Stature x4

This Deck revolves around making the newer cards more effective, and is not focusing on a specific thing. Which Sort of makes everything blurry. So if this deck was Focused, It would kill

In conclusion the Hunter hobbits have their own disadvantages over men, elves, dwarfs and trees. But their unique advantages are worth considering. (And not that expensive either)
Last edited by fingolfin on Tue May 16, 2006 11:37 am; edited 6 times in totalSoldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Gagnut
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:07 am
Hey, great article, I love hobbits. Applause
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
sperzdechly
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:14 am
You picked up a nice topic. Shire followers have the biggest potential among followers of other cultures. I could be interesting article, but you didn’t make it. You should work on writting, because you’ve got a talent.

Few suggestion:
1. This is strategy article contest, you should write about some strategy. You’ve just mentioned few cards and discussed them.
2. Watch for spelling mistakes, especially in cards titles.
3. Keep the form of the article. Is should be consistent, clear and easy to look through, when looking for specific thing, cards, etc.
4. When you discuss a card try to write something more than its explanation. Point out a usage of this card, maybe some combo, its value in the deck, some alternative if exist, etc.
5. Is good to show a deck using strategy presented in article. I’d love to see some FP deck based on Hunter Hobbits. Maybe you could add it to your article?
6. Your conclusion shlould be something more detailed, specific, more connected to the topic.
7. Hobbits have never been a pretty bad culture! They always have something for them, in every expansion. Pipeweeds, discarding, low pool strategy, strong Sam, GEW, Sudden Fury, excellent Bilbo, ARB, great burden removal and resistance based cards and now finally followers.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:19 am
I agree with sperzdechly. I for one really like the new Sam - he’s got great resistance, and yet he can still be a back-up Ring-bearer, and his ability is very cool.

Also, I can’t believe you only had one sentence for No Visitors. This card is probably the best new Shire card, especially when used with Daddy Twofoot.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:16 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I agree with AC.
Hobbits have been very good and shadows hobbits with G for Grand ect. are awesome! Dancing It would be nice if you had posted a deck for this and had some strategy in which posting a deck list would have helped. And finally watch your spelling and grammar. Think
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
fingolfin wrote:
Hunters Hobbits with their Fabulous Followers

Throughout the entire 14 sets that have come out, they have made hobbits a pretty bad culture, weak, bad pumps, until Hunters.

In Hunters they introduced the new line-up of the four hobbits plus cards like Little Golden Flower and the new, more effective followers.

I will give some examples.

Little Golden Flower
I would say that besides Hobbit sword this is one of the best Hobbit cards to ever come out. Because with a follower, a weapon, and unwounded(easy to come by with Hobbits) the hobbit would be pretty much a formidable foe. The extra vitality is also good with everyone knows.

Frodo, weary from the journey
With the new hunters coming out and making the Hunter minions more popular, this Frodo would make a great ring bearer, as with hobbit sword, follower and a good resistance he would be strength 10, not including everyone
knows.

Community living
It makes it easy to the good followers out of your deck

Hobbiton farmer, lover of pipeweeds
as with the other hunters Shire follower he adds strength and on top of that resistance. For hobbits the toughest challenge was always getting overwhelmed, and worse than that two of them getting

Hobbiton brewer maker of ales
Non-weapon +2 pumps are always good. This follower also is good to play on 1 vitality companions.

Merry the tall one
When I have played with hobbits before. The biggest problem was being overwhelmed. But with the new Merry and Pippin, as a last ditch effort you can add a threat. Which is a lot better than dieing.

Pippin the short one
not that good against non-hunters decks. But when they get more popular it will be a definite must.

No visitors
as with the hunters cards very useful in sticky situations.

Relaxation
Good card, especially with those Wraith cards that can add 3 burdens and to just keep to the aid burdens.

Sam, innocent traveler
The terrible thing about the Sam is 1 he is ring-bound and illegible for the Everyone knows bonuses, 2 he cannot start out as the ring-bearer 3 his special abilities are not that special for Shire I am disappointed at this Sam since all the other Shire companions improved.

Second Breakfast
I think that it is rivaling Power according to his stature but it is useful for the situations against a swarm deck with low vitality minions.

In conclusion the Hunter hobbits have their advantages over men, elves, dwarfs and trees. But their unique advantages are worth considering.(and not that expensive)

Ok I will comment on some fo the things you said first
HOBBITS WERE NEvER WEAK THAT IS A RETARDED THING TO SAY HAVE YOU NOT PLAYED MY HOBBIT DECK IT KILLS!!!! SAM CAN BE 15 STRENGTH WITHOUT HARDLY ANY EFFORT AND WHAT ABOUT SUDDEN FURY ?1@3$%^&*what were you thinking in saying something like that(sorry for ranting)

I agrre with little golden flower I can’t wait ot get that card(hopefully i will!)
Frodo is Ringbound so everyone knows wouldn’t work on him.

I will wait ot rate ito see if you add any of the things sperzdechly or AC said but right now you would get a 2 maybe a 3 if i was in a good mood
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:12 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i agree with the above.

you had it going good, but it wasn’t long enough, and there wasn’t a deck list or strategy.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
fingolfin
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 am
Thanks for the input. With all those mistakes, Brick wall I cannot believe that got through me. And my comment about weak Hobbits was relative to all the other Cultures.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
fingolfin
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:35 am
Well, it seems that I have permanately scarred this Article. So, Would you consider getting a Hunters Hobbit Deck? Please Reply
Last edited by fingolfin on Sun May 21, 2006 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in totalSoldier: why'd you do that captain?

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
ingold55
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:07 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
what do you mean gating?
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest