LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

50%
  [ 5 ]  50%

40%
  [ 4 ]  40%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I thought it was good you might want four goblin spear you know a killer combo you should have mentioned is a spear and a sword on the balrog it works because of the swords text and is a really sweet combo to add burdens and kill companions.

Liked the article you get a 4

wait it isn’t leeting me vote any ideas?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:20 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
i thought i mentioned that goblin spear/ balrog’s sword combo? i guess i will look it over.

yah, i know what you mean about Gollum and Wraith minions corrupting better, but i wanted to throw a new corruption deck out there, because Gollum and Wraith are getting kind of old.

as i said at the top of the article, bobtheorc, i don’t have any shadow sites. Sad so i had to make do with what i had.

P.S. i think you have to post before you can vote.
Last edited by ingold55 on Sun May 21, 2006 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in totalThere is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:54 pm
Great article, ingold55. I liked the Goblin Spear trick. I normally stay away from Moria and use Gollum and Wraith but this is definitely a powerful decklist. I give it a solid 4.
I had to put something here.
syndrome
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:42 am
Relics is restricted.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
sperzdechly
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:10 am
Not in a block tournaments Smile There X-list and R-list don’t apply.
AdultLink
Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:21 pm
The main think I think that could improve your article Ingold55 is knowledge of the shadows site path, as most players will be playing with it. Another thing is that I don’t think there is enough punch in the deck to corrupt. I know that the Balrog is your main strategy for corrupting, but I think you need change the deck to add in ’sides’ to help with the process. I just don’t think the spear and 4 Must Do Without Hope is Enough.
I would recommend adding in Gollum, most any version will do, but the one that is a lurker would benefit your deck. To add twilight with him you could add in Led Astray, and Look At Him. You could also use Not Yet Vanquished to add extra burdens during fiernce skirmishes, and the many other kinds of Gollum burden-adders.
right now I think the article is between a 3 and a 4. I have not yet voted. Hope this is helpful for you.

P.S. I loved the touch of putting the cards that might hurt in... I think that’s really cool.
Last edited by AdultLink on Thu May 25, 2006 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in totalHaves/Wants
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:02 am
I’ve got to agree with AL here. Gollum would be a cool addition instead of the Moria Orcs.

I wish I could vote 3.5, but since I can’t I’ll give you a 4 since this is a unique deck idea.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
donimator
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:34 pm
A neat idea. Concept decks are always fun and can throw an opponent off enough to get some surprising results. I think this deck still needs some tweaking and would love to hear some feedback on it being playtested.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
ingold55
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:46 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
thanks for the tips AL. Very Happy i will look into getting some shadow sites, and see how it goes from there. Confused i will look into Gollum, and would like to know about some of the cards that are good for corruption? because i don’t have any. Laughing

i am going to be playing my friends this summer, and i will use this deck at least once. so i will post how it goes. Smile
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
machine
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:28 pm
Joined: 30 May 2006 Posts: 5 Location: Traralgon, Victoria, Oz
for a corrupting moria, have you considered lost to the goblins?

(ring bearer has to exert or take a wound).
i’d use this with a moria swarm but as many archers as possible.
there’s two main ways i see to use this:
just keep swarming and shooting, using lost to teh goblins when you can (and most people will use ring bearer as a pin cushion a bit)
or use sneaks to stack the bottom of your draw deck, just about deck yourself (holding on to 4 lost to the goblins) and use it at the end. harder to pull off but lots of fun when you do.

also, you could mention durins bane. it’s a free unique condition that you can discard to make the balrog +3.

cards that would give you trouble = boromir, lord of gondor (can’t be overwhelmed unless strength is tripled)... him with armor (only one wound per skirmish) can really piss you off when you’re sending big, damage bonused minions against the freeps! lol.

nice article though. it really is worthwhile looking into sites.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest