LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Ring-Bearer KO  (Read 10597 times)

December 31, 2010, 04:53:18 PM
Read 10597 times

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
Ring-Bearer KO
« on: December 31, 2010, 04:53:18 PM »
K so I just thought of this idea and I'm wondering how well it would work.

4x The Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul
4x Saruman, Servant of Sauron
4x Ring of Rancor
2x Ring of Asperity
3x The Witch-King's Beast, Fell Creature
4x Black Flail
?That all I have at the moment.  if you come up with nazgul that could be used to hit the RB then that would be helpful.
The point is to tank up the Lord of the Nazgul with Saruman, the rings, and his mount and flail.  That makes him strength 20.  Then if he wins a skirmish you exert the RB then exert him two wound him twice.  Keep that up using his fierce ability and you should be able to kill the RB pretty fast.  The only problem I can see is if playing a tank deck.  So strength buffs/healing would also be appreciated.

December 31, 2010, 05:04:24 PM
Reply #1

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Re: Ring-Bearer KO
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:04:24 PM »
Hm...I like the play. It seems best played typical twilight nazzie style though. Run the Twilight nazzie deck, with Ring of Asperity to hit the RB for 1, then go Saruman, Servant of Sauron to exert and the WK for 2 wounds. Bam, 4 wounds on the RB = the ring going on (unless they have ATAR or RoD). Flat-out kill a RB that's running like, SAWTC or Great Ring, The Binding Ring, etc.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

December 31, 2010, 08:30:52 PM
Reply #2

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 08:30:52 PM »
Actually the idea was wound with Ring of Asperity, exert to wound twice and once with Saruman, for a total of four wounds by the first time.  Then do it again during the fierce skirmish.  Then if the RB has been adding burdens you exert the Witch-King to begin another skirmish phase and exert the RB/main char. of the deck.  Then reconcile and play the Ring of Asperity continuously.  My problem is that I need more cards that allow me to wound/burden the RB.

January 01, 2011, 06:47:04 AM
Reply #3

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:47:04 AM »
His Terrible Servants is necessary in this type of deck imo. Also I would Switch The Witch-king's Beast to Fell Beast. Gollum, DaD or RBU can be helpful too. You can play Enquea, Ringwraith in Twilight too, and maybe some Morgul Brutes.

January 01, 2011, 02:47:19 PM
Reply #5

TheHobbit13

• Information Offline
  • Uruk-hai
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »
Dark Horseman might be a nice add too, since he can usually fight the ring bearer and wreaks havok on most Alternate RBs.

Personally, I would drop two flails (or one and fell creature) and add two Morgul Brutes for more exertions or burden adding.

January 01, 2011, 03:26:02 PM
Reply #7

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »
I don't understand the 4 Ring of Rancor in your list (you can exert the WK once for each win only). I would run a Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow (makes ARBs cry too) and 2 fell beast in the place of 3. 4 Saruman seems a little bit much too, I think you can make it with 3 only, maybe for an Out of Sight and Shot or another Brute. Also you can try The Pale Blade, Sword of Flame or the good old The Pale Blade in the place of the Black Flails (it is very unlikely that the WK loses a skirmish with +2 str from Saruman and +3 from a weapon, so you don't really need to discard possessions imo).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:29:55 PM by Shelobplayer »

January 02, 2011, 07:26:50 AM
Reply #8

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 07:26:50 AM »
K the point of Rancor is so that if the fellowship double moves I get to hit them once more with a round of evil wounds.
Sneering Fellow doesn't seem to be worth it as Nazgul don't roam much as is and it would be difficult for a ranger deck to do much against The Witch King as he's strength 21.  Also the Black Flail is there to counter tank decks and as I know someone who can get his Sam to strength 22 it would be helpful. 

January 02, 2011, 07:58:58 AM
Reply #9

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 07:58:58 AM »
K the point of Rancor is so that if the fellowship double moves I get to hit them once more with a round of evil wounds.
Sneering Fellow doesn't seem to be worth it as Nazgul don't roam much as is and it would be difficult for a ranger deck to do much against The Witch King as he's strength 21.  Also the Black Flail is there to counter tank decks and as I know someone who can get his Sam to strength 22 it would be helpful. 

If they can't beat your WK in skirmish, they won't double, trust me on that ;). Ferny is good, because it is a +4 pump for any minion (you chose how to assign it, just like when you have more minions, than comps), and a good ranger deck would kill your WK with IB, also you can assign it to the RB (and against any gondorian RB or Gimli it is pretty good for only 3 twilight). I think that conditions can be much bigger problem for this deck than possessions, so I would definitely go with The Pale Blade instead of Black Flail, but I guess you know your meta better. If you are worried about big tank comps, such as Durin III, play Wormtongue, that is by far the most evil way to deal with them imo.

January 02, 2011, 05:07:53 PM
Reply #10

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 05:07:53 PM »
..... wow I thought that Bill said that he can't be assigned to a skirmish...  K so I guess I'm adding 3 of him and dropping Morgul brute he has a maybe 9 strength minion and he takes up my few card spaces.  Also changing to Pale Blade as I didn't think about it and just realized that most Hobbit Decks rely mainly on conditions.  But Ithilien blade wouldn't really cause me all that much trouble, all it is is a +3 strength pump.

January 02, 2011, 05:53:19 PM
Reply #11

Shelobplayer

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 05:53:19 PM »
Your minions will roam in the maneuver thanks to Madril, Defender of Osgiliath, so yes, but if no one plays that (g@y) version at your place, it won't be a problem. I think 2 Ferny would be the optimal, he only has 1 vitality, so a Greenleaf, or a gorn bow, or about anything easily kills him, and if you are not playing against an arb, he is not that good (btw, he is restricted in expanded, so your deck now really falls into the "other" category :p).

January 02, 2011, 08:58:29 PM
Reply #12

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 08:58:29 PM »
If you think Ithilien Blade is just a +3 pump, I suggest you re-read it.

Soldier's Cache and Portico provide other options
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:37:20 PM by TheJord »
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

January 03, 2011, 05:47:21 AM
Reply #13

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 05:47:21 AM »
That witchking's beast is useless too, since you are looking at exerting the King for wounds on the RB.
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

January 03, 2011, 03:47:45 PM
Reply #14

Haszor

• Information Offline
  • Villager
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »
Well I had a reason and it seemed like it would work but yeah... I guess the Witch-Kings Beast wouldn't be that good...  Ferny's effect wouldn't be all that good as I play one person who uses a ranger deck and he uses Ancient Roads which is what I was thinking about.  His only advantage is that he adds 4 to The Witch King and is a scrap for archery.