LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The future of LOTR TCG  (Read 143388 times)

November 12, 2009, 02:49:34 PM
Reply #75

Kenddrick

Re: The future of LOTR TCG
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2009, 02:49:34 PM »
I agree with Gil-Estel - lets move formward with multiple forums targetting components of this project. I will set them up later today if noone else has done it first or if opinion is mixed about my headings.

I propose the following forum headings:
Players Committee: Design Team (templates, v-cards)
Platers Committee: Rules Team (banned cards, errata, broken combinations)
Players Committee: Tournament Team (volunteering new tournament directors)
Players Committee: Web Team (do we have someone capable web design, running a website?)
Players Committee: Marketing Team (magazine, promoting the game)
Players Committee: Legal Team (permission from the powers that be, how do we do this?)
Players Committee: General Discussion (everything else)

Each forum should start with information about what we hope to achieve and can be updated by the OP to reflect where we are currently at.

It is important that everyone uses these forums - they are intended for everyone to comment - good and bad feedback will always be welcome.
Do you think these headings will encourage comments or scare people off?
Do I have too many headings or have I missed something?

Not sure if we can do that at the moment though. We've got Ranofer, Chompers and Sete, plus 2 other members who voted yes, and me. So we've got 6. Our numbers are too few to take on too many things at the same time.

If the response isn't too good, we might still be able to do something though, but it'll be something small for a start, like promoting LotR: TCG by making magazines or stuff.

To get this thing going, we really need the majority of the players. If not, it's going to be a small little step at a time, and TLHH would be fine for us. :)

November 12, 2009, 05:11:54 PM
Reply #76

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2009, 05:11:54 PM »
Furthermore, the new sitepath allowed the game to progress with no care whatsoever. For instance, you could start the game at Helm's Deep, go to Mount Doom, and end the game at the Prancing Pony! That completely took away from the whole journey.
You do realize that that is true about movie block as well right?

November 12, 2009, 05:32:38 PM
Reply #77

MR. Lurtzy

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we were Hodor?
    • My website
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2009, 05:32:38 PM »
Well... movie block covers all three movies, you should be able to use all sites from those.

November 12, 2009, 07:00:04 PM
Reply #78

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2009, 07:00:04 PM »
Hi all - lots has happened since this morning.

Creating a few new topics on these forums to discuss multiple ideas will not replace this website - it just creates some new topics that peope may or may not participate in. This is not about dividing the community by creating a new website.

However, if a new PC is established a new website is most likely going to be needed. That does not stop this website existing - it just means another place to go to collect some resources (if you choose to use them). The PC will be a not for profit organisation - so the website must be a .org instead of a .com. I see no reason why that website cannot promote Last Homely House as a place for discussion and forums. Thereby no need for forums on the new site.

Either way - keep the comments coming and I will gather my thoughts on some of the other issues later today when I am home from work :-)

November 12, 2009, 09:57:52 PM
Reply #79

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2009, 09:57:52 PM »
Two things I wanted to say about your project... (nice idea btw, but I don't want to be involved in it).

- I'm glad to see that many people wants to be involved in this, but the team that is going to make this project work shall not be composed by any newcomer with no experience... its not because someone wants to be involved that you must say yes. The guy from the "STCCG PC thingy" is an example of someone with a lot of experience and people like these should have key roles in the project.

- I don't see the creation of new cards as something important... If you consider that after set 11, many people stopped playing because of those new cards... what's the point of making new stuff now?

November 12, 2009, 11:12:29 PM
Reply #80

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2009, 11:12:29 PM »
I have asked Kralik to make at least a new section where this debate, that covers a lot of different subjects, can be done properly. I will put in more thoughts later, but now I have to tutor some pupils. ;)
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 12, 2009, 11:22:14 PM
Reply #81

Kenddrick

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2009, 11:22:14 PM »
Hmm. There's already a poll to see who's willing to take this game to a new level, and things will be done based on the poll's results. Therefore, new sections are not needed for the time being. :)

November 12, 2009, 11:56:12 PM
Reply #82

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2009, 11:56:12 PM »
Kenndrick, hold your horses. The new section is needed, just to keep the debate clean. In that new section, which I like to call Valinor, we can debate the future of LotR per subject.
So we need it. To keep an overview.

Topics could/should be:

- magazine
- rules
- intentions
- how to get more players
- how to promote the game
- whether to establish a new website

There you have it. All these subjects have been debated in 1 topic. Not clever. And since this is in Bag End, where other topics are as well, we need a place to keep it clean.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:06:14 AM by Gil-Estel »
..."Elves seldom give unguarded advice, for advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise, and all courses may run ill"...

November 13, 2009, 12:24:12 AM
Reply #83

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2009, 12:24:12 AM »
Gil Estel - any idea if we will get this section or not?

I have drafted an action plan for the Players Committee which I will post on a new thread (PC Action Plan). It is very long but I would like as much feedback as possible please.

If we get the new section I will repost or perhaps it can be moved under the heading of intentions.

November 13, 2009, 12:32:16 AM
Reply #84

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2009, 12:32:16 AM »
I think that Kralik will make it soon, I have great confidence in him, haha.

November 13, 2009, 08:48:50 AM
Reply #85

Gil-Estel

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Abuser of the Force
« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2009, 08:48:50 AM »
I see you mr Ket ;-) and I know you know I'm with you :-)

November 13, 2009, 09:39:39 AM
Reply #86

Sete

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • Elessar
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »
Agreed. Having a board to talk about this new "projects" would be nice.

And I also agree that for now, "new cards" or "dream cards" are more like a "yet to come" thing. First there is a need to keep the game renewed and alive with the cards already made, specially those in the movie-block, which will be the main target of the magazine...

November 13, 2009, 03:38:15 PM
Reply #87

TheJord

• League Director
  • Information Offline
  • King
  • High King of Rules
    • GamesCobra
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2009, 03:38:15 PM »
I have created a new board
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"

November 13, 2009, 10:52:56 PM
Reply #88

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2009, 10:52:56 PM »
 :gp:

thankyou!

November 15, 2009, 06:13:21 AM
Reply #89

MidnightLich

« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2009, 06:13:21 AM »
Why such haste to make so many decisions? A few extra days/weeks to make sure everything is where you want it won't hurt, will it? Besides, we're entering the holiday period when people's time is at an all time low. Take advantage of the time to get all the proper duck in a row.

I strongly suggest you set up a new website for the PC - a new url, a new set of pages and probably even a new forum. I am willing to help you with this. In fact, we (Trek CC) have our own dedicated server and can probably set you up with some space. But - we'll need to work out the details and someone might have to front the initial bill. (I paid for more than half the server's first year out of pocket, the rest was donated.)

I hope you guys are prepared for the amount of work involved.

-crp