LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: The future of LOTR TCG  (Read 143391 times)

June 20, 2010, 10:03:57 AM
Reply #165

Kenddrick

Re: The future of LOTR TCG
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »
I understand. It's also not easy with no one stepping up.

How's that magazine? Website? It's been two years now since this has come up, right?
-wtk

Only since last November. Website is being uploaded now to show you guys the progress so far. It's far from complete, but I am trying my very best to get it done. It's not easy doing it as 1 person only. Ranofer promised to get it done but looks like he didn't do anything so I did it all by myself.

The magazine was Andre's responsibility. He's now very busy due to University and he told me the magazine is not going to be ready anytime soon.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:06:17 AM by Kenddrick »

June 21, 2010, 01:54:46 AM
Reply #166

Smeagollum

« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2010, 01:54:46 AM »
KTJ: Do you play Middle earth?

June 21, 2010, 04:49:54 AM
Reply #167

Kenddrick

Re: Post your GCCG questions here!
« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2010, 04:49:54 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, the idea for a pc really started last oct/nov. That's when I made up my mind and decided I'm going to make it happen.

June 21, 2010, 04:55:05 AM
Reply #168

Smeagollum

« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2010, 04:55:05 AM »
Use the search function on the boards to look up the thought of a PC. June 2008.

Smeagollum, no, I don't. At this point, the only games I play are Rings and Vs. System.
-wtk

That's a pitty, because they've got a pc. And it works. They also have virtual sets. Also fun.

June 21, 2010, 10:27:39 AM
Reply #169

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2010, 10:27:39 AM »
Don't you wish that the Marvel VS game that was put out for Nintendo DS had a updated version or a DC version.  I love that game on the DS but want MORE to it.  Especially a DC version where I liked the sets much more. 
Visit www.CategoryOneGames.com for LOTR and Star Wars Singles, Boxes and Starters.

June 21, 2010, 11:42:10 AM
Reply #170

Kenddrick

« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »
Do stick to the topic. This section is for the discussion of the lotr tcg pc. Any questions can be asked in pm.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:14:16 PM by Kenddrick »

June 26, 2010, 09:08:50 AM
Reply #171

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2010, 09:08:50 AM »
Got an email back from Cindy and basically said that she and Warren will discuss it but are very busy right now with a new website.  She said that many people have asked this same question before and so they are hesitant.

I'll be sending a followup email letting her know some more background about what we have going on but I think it will work out. 
Visit www.CategoryOneGames.com for LOTR and Star Wars Singles, Boxes and Starters.

June 26, 2010, 11:00:21 AM
Reply #172

Smeagollum

« Reply #172 on: June 26, 2010, 11:00:21 AM »
Maybe an electronic petition would help, but then again I ask myself if there will be enough response to it to be effective.....

June 26, 2010, 03:05:31 PM
Reply #173

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »
I wonder is another reason they are hesitant is the possibility of launching essentially a 2nd Edition of the game when and if The Hobbit ever gets out there? Maybe they want to keep their own fingers in this basket? Just guessing .....

June 27, 2010, 03:18:48 PM
Reply #174

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2010, 03:18:48 PM »
I got an email from Warren today talking about how this is something they are not ready to do at this time and will look at it again in 2011.  They want to work with the SW and ST groups before getting an official LOTR group together.

He mentioned that a lot of people have asked about this and so they will look at it closer in 2011.

I'll send a followup email saying thank you for their time and so forth and that I will stay in contact with them about the group.

Now we need to discuss on where that leaves us.

I think that having the new site is fine and being a fan site dedicated to the LOTR game and helping to organize and sponsor events is where we need to stand.  We can make rulings and so forth but we cannot do anything with V cards (I didn't want to go this route anyways at the moment) and we can't call ourselves a committee, just a fan site.

Thoughts. . . . .

June 27, 2010, 09:33:25 PM
Reply #175

Kenddrick

« Reply #175 on: June 27, 2010, 09:33:25 PM »
I got an email from Warren today talking about how this is something they are not ready to do at this time and will look at it again in 2011.  They want to work with the SW and ST groups before getting an official LOTR group together.

He mentioned that a lot of people have asked about this and so they will look at it closer in 2011.

I'll send a followup email saying thank you for their time and so forth and that I will stay in contact with them about the group.

Now we need to discuss on where that leaves us.

I think that having the new site is fine and being a fan site dedicated to the LOTR game and helping to organize and sponsor events is where we need to stand.  We can make rulings and so forth but we cannot do anything with V cards (I didn't want to go this route anyways at the moment) and we can't call ourselves a committee, just a fan site.

Thoughts. . . . .

Agreed. If Big D were to give us permission at this time, we would not be ready. So at least we got till 2011 to set up our foundation nicely. Nice job with the emails!

For the website I think it's best if it stays as a fan site for the time being(to avoid legal issues, and to allow us to set up the PC's foundation). It should be the place to go if you are new to LOTR TCG, or just want to download some starter pdfs to print and play, or to read new articles/decklists!

Then when Decipher gives us permission, hopefully our PC foundation will be strong and the rest will be history.

LONG LIVE LOTR TCG!

June 28, 2010, 04:12:55 AM
Reply #176

chompers

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2010, 04:12:55 AM »
I guess that Decipher grant permission to the SW and ST groups for set periods of time. Once that expires perhaps they need to renegotiate terms. Maybe each groups tenure (?) of the product is due to expire in 2010 and needs to be renegotiated.

Hopefully (?) Decipher might be starting to get back on their feet and perhaps have some other business ventures that are keeping them busy as well. Would be nice to see another great product released by Decipher.

The website could serve several purposes including:
* Assisting in organised play (promoting tournaments)
* Providing east access to resources (rulebooks, banned/errata lists, legal printable starters, gccg, zorbecs, etc)
* Networking and linking players (like a player locater)
* Beginners articles
etc

These things may all be on TLHH, but finding them can take a long time. I've been in this stie for a fair while now, and when i explore occasionally i still find a few hidden gems!

One more thing .... The website NEEDS more bandwidth!

June 28, 2010, 12:24:19 PM
Reply #177

CategoryOneGames.com

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
    • CategoryOneGames
« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »
It is different than having to renegotiate and so forth.  I can give you lots of details on both but it deals more with the official structure of both and the legal setup of them.  Nothing to do with having to renegotiate or anything along those lines.  The PC's themselves are fine.'

But yes I do think it gives us time to setup a more secure basis to what we are looking at to move forward once we get an approval for a PC. 

June 29, 2010, 12:14:30 PM
Reply #178

Orangejedi

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »
C1G:  This is the same song and dance I got back in 2007.  Don't believe for a second they give a rat's <tail> about the community or anything.  We had a group of highly organized and highly trained people ready to go.  (You would not believe the amount of help and latitude Girard gave us when he was there, esp when Bojo was still there to help).  I had 15 people ready to step up and give their time and effort into the pc, including those who were former judges, former playtesters, former dagents, the works.  Unfortunately the legalities of it all mean you need D's permission to create cards/use the template/use the name.  The only things you can do without them are edit x-lists and have unofficial events (like worlds this year). 

Basically, for those of you pissed off that a PC was never formed before, this is why.  It wasn't for lack of effort, caring, or ability.  It was the bottom line.  Warren had tons of SW stuff and a new game out that encouraged him to keep a relationship with the players.  Now he's got squat and is holding anyone who wants to play in an organized manner by the cajones. 

Warren will get back to you in 2011.  He'll say "we've got a new game, and we're going to do that."  And then get back to them in 2012.  Don't think for a second that they care about the players until they have a new game to peddle. 

Sorry for being so mean spirited, but if you had tried to work with Brad and Kendrick in 2007, you would've felt the same way. 

Seth

June 29, 2010, 10:55:15 PM
Reply #179

Kenddrick

« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2010, 10:55:15 PM »
:(!