LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Top 20 Fellowship of the Ring set cards  (Read 8450 times)

July 19, 2010, 09:03:16 PM
Read 8450 times

Fjordhermit

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Top 20 Fellowship of the Ring set cards
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »
Hey..  I'm a huge fan of top ten lists, so I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the top 20 cards of Fellowship of the Ring.  I upped this set to Top 20 because there are way more cards in the set than the expansions.  (Check the other Fellowship block Top 10 posts.)  I always loved when Scrye/InQuest would do top ten lists of recent releases back in the day.  

Not going to lie, there are so many cards in this set, and a handful I've never even seen, that a top 15 from me would be pretty uninformed.  But from my limited experience, I would throw in Legolas Greenleaf (super cheap for what you get), Ulaire Nelya (the earliest minion you can play, and he's super-powerful too), Intimidate, Boromir Lord of Gondor (hard to overwhelm and a ranger), An Able Guide, Lurtz, Goblin Runner (adds twilight when played!), Goblin Scimitar (0 cost), Beauty is Fading, Blade Tip, Forces of Mordor, Thin and Stretched, Hobbit Intuition/Stealth, and Thror's Map (we don't play with errata-- too hard to keep track of).  

You guys know more, your thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:01:08 PM by Fjordhermit »

July 19, 2010, 10:00:19 PM
Reply #2

Fjordhermit

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Top 15 Fellowship of the Ring set cards
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
Top 20 it is!  You're right, there's way more cards in this set..

I forgot about Barliman Butterbur, he's awesome.  I just got a Goblin Armory in a pack, but have yet to use it.. looks potent.  Moria seems like the best minion group, at least in Fellowship.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:05:33 PM by Fjordhermit »

July 19, 2010, 11:54:43 PM
Reply #4

putridbreath

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:56:58 PM by putridbreath »

July 20, 2010, 04:48:22 AM
Reply #7

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
Re: Top 20 Fellowship of the Ring set cards
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 04:48:22 AM »
Number 1.

Power According To His Stature.

That is all.
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan

July 20, 2010, 08:59:44 AM
Reply #8

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 08:59:44 AM »
Edit: I just did Fellowship of the Ring Block. So you can deal with it...sorry.

20. Aragorn, Heir to the White City - Choking is the most popular strategy. The Frodo signet was a bonus in a Pipes deck.
19. Hate - One exertion for one wound. Can't complain there.
18. Saruman, Keeper of Isengard - Man, he was just nasty. If he's dropped at site five, eight, or nine, there was some real trouble.
17. Gondor Bowmen - Really made Gondor competitive and sealed the [Gondor] - [Elven] love affair.
16. Aragorn, Ranger of the North - Site Nine Savior. Splashed in any deck that didn't run Aragorn as a late game companion.
15. Morgul Gates - Nazgul are just so damned expensive. This card made them a better option. Points go out to Morgul Skulker for bringing MG back.
14. Goblin Runner - Free twilight in a game where twilight is scarce. Can't go wrong with that.
13. Gwemegil - Still one of the best cycling tools in Movie Block.
12. Return to Its Master - How many great end-game cards can you think of? If you saw this, you were likely toast!
11. Brown Lands - If played right, you could see 15+ archery here. First of two consecutive sites.
10. The Bridge of Khazad-Dum - Hooray, the Balrog!
9. Hobbit Stealth - The Balrog? No problem.
8. Aragorn's Bow - Legolas, Greenleaf, in possession form. Once it's on Aragorn, it's really tough to discard.
7. Goblin Scimitar - Often underlooked as the most powerful [Moria] card. Also, my highest-rated Minion card.
6. Elrond, Lord of Rivendell - There's a really good reason that he's banned. Free cards, free cards, free cards.
5. Power According to His Stature - The best cards in Fellowship Block were based on wounding enemies. I can't think of a way to argue with wounding as many minions as are facing the Ring-Bearer. Two in a hand at site nine nearly guaranteed a victory.
4. Legolas, Greenleaf - An exertion for a wound, in healable, companion format.
3. Sting - Choking is the best strategy in Fellowship Block. A free reveal of the hand with bonus (potential) twilight removal. Can't argue with that.
2. Sam, Son of Hamfast - It is almost universally used and the best way to stave off corruption. It helps that the second best Sam, Sam, Proper Poet, only has limited application in Fellowship block.
1. The One Ring, Isildur's Bane - THE Ring to use in Fellowship block.

I guess that's all. Honorable mention to Saruman's Power, Sleep, Caradhras, Bill Ferny, Swarthy, Sneering Fellow, A Ranger's Versatility, Galadriel, Lady of Light, Narya, Gandalf's Staff, Delving, Gimli's Helm, Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul, Greed, Troop of Uruk-Hai, and Orc Commander.
-wtk
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:10:38 PM by ket_the_jet »

July 20, 2010, 12:04:44 PM
Reply #9

SomeRandomDude

• Information Offline
  • Maia
  • Most Likely To Usurp Kralik and Dáin
    • My Wordpress
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 12:04:44 PM »
You mean Heir To The White City?

And where was Ulaire Nertea, Messenger of Dol Guldur?

And Shotgun Enquea should be up there higher.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 12:07:44 PM by SomeRandomDude »
NB- 4 year veteran of CC/TLHH

"It was like:
Kralik: "What hath God wrought"
NB: "I dunno, but I'm in ur house eating ur food.""
-Elessar's Socks

Trade List- ft. Aragorn, Defender of Rohan